Will Hughes January transfer window 2013 rumours

ChaddesdenRam

used a long term loan for a top player we'd be far stonger.

No...

Hate this idea of getting a "quality" loan player in... whether it's long term or not...

We're building a team which will get promoted and then be good enough to stay up... you don't do that by getting a loan player in to win promotion...

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you quantifying 'known quantities'? I knew of Paul Coutts, he was outstanding value as have been many of Nigel's purchases and would leave plenty for wages. If Nigel signed three players and used a long term loan for a top player we'd be far stonger. You never know, in the following years the board may even open up the purse..

Clough has said in the past that we've a good,honest bunch of players,but miss that bit of quality to make the difference.Now I'd agree that the likes of Coutts and Bryson etc are good players,but if you're talking of transfer dealings in and around this range in terms of fees and wages,would this deliver the quality we need? So,in answer to your question,I'm talking of players that have that bit extra than those we currently have (bar Hughes,but he leaves in your scenario) and that you'd be confident in believing they would perform at this level.

When Clough was hoping to keep Commons,he made the point that players of his quality would be hard to find and might cost £2m+.,should Commons need replacing.As a general rule,you have to pay for real quality.In Hughes we already have that.

No...

Hate this idea of getting a "quality" loan player in... whether it's long term or not...

We're building a team which will get promoted and then be good enough to stay up... you don't do that by getting a loan player in to win promotion...

Such as Jamie Ward - whom we then go onto buy after the finances agree a little more? It's how you use them, and if our scouting system tried a bit harder we could utilise the market. I don't like Calpol, but if I've got a cough I am more than happy to drink it until it is gone.

We're building a team which will get promoted and then be good enough to stay up

No team is good enough to come from the championship and stay in the premiership. Additions have to be made. Blackpool came very close but ultimately the teams that have stayed up when getting to the prem did not have a championship squad.

In my opinion i would happily take a quality loan player that would get us to the premiership because we would need to buy players anyway.

Having said that i do agree with the fact that a loan player in return would not have the clubs goals at heart.

Such as Jamie Ward

There's a major difference between a loan signing who's out of favour at his current club, will be making a small upwards step to our club and is coming in with the view to a permanent move OR signing a Prem player for the rest of the season...

No team is good enough to come from the championship and stay in the premiership.

Don't see why not... The likes of Swansea, Norwich and Reading are proving that you can be competitive by adding just a 1/2 players... And Norwich added a few championship players when they were promoted...

Stick the best Championship CB, LB and ST in our current team and tell me that's not a decent bottom-half prem team?

There's a major difference between a loan signing who's out of favour at his current club, will be making a small upwards step to our club and is coming in with the view to a permanent move OR signing a Prem player for the rest of the season...

Don't see why not... The likes of Swansea, Norwich and Reading are proving that you can be competitive by adding just a 1/2 players... And Norwich added a few championship players when they were promoted...

Stick the best Championship CB, LB and ST in our current team and tell me that's not a decent bottom-half prem team?

I thought you hate all loans?

not sure about that one, they're not that competitive...

They're not relegated already so I'd count that as competitive in the bottom half...

Would also mention Southampton and (a few seasons ago now) West Brom...

i would say they're as good as. they look a championship standard championship team playing in the premiership.

i would say they're as good as. they look a championship standard championship team playing in the premiership.

I'd say you have a very short memory and don't remember our glorious (most) recent premier league experience...

reading are actually ahead of someone...

No...

Fail to see what sort of loans you'd find acceptable.

C'mon guy discuss the loan idea somewhere else. It's boring now.

One last point...

Fail to see what sort of loans you'd find acceptable.

The kind of loans you mentioned earlier maybe? One's where you already have a fee agreed? One which isn't "we'll buy you if we get promoted" it's just "we're buying you at the end of the season whatever happens"

Yes, off topic!

To be honest I'd rather we didn't keep discussing this transfer topic actually... I don't wanna sell Hughes unless they meet my demands (which I stated earlier in the thread was somewhere around £50 million plus add ons) and I think it would be sad for Hughes if he could see how many pages we've spent discussing shipping him off somewhere...

Hope he doesnt go this transfer window, but if he was to leave, would love to see someone like jay tabb come in to replace him. Reading fans all seem to rte him as well.

Big Dave or shall I call you Darren Moore 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />, jay Tabb is a great shout reminds me of Liam bridcutt at Brighton. Tabb is on a free I think.

Big Dave or shall I call you Darren Moore 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />, jay Tabb is a great shout reminds me of Liam bridcutt at Brighton. Tabb is on a free I think.

Yeah, either a free or a very small fee, the only difference between him and bridcutt is that bridcutt is younger and Brighton want £8 mill plus for him i expect

Archived