Conor Doyle

CumbrianRam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being a canuck, and watching Toronto FC in the MLS since day one I can say the system is even confusing to someone like myself sometimes. with internationals, designated players, nationals, generation addidas, young designated players, homegrown players it can be bloody confusing. but it all makes sense if you stick it around. it's like watching cricket, it makes more sense over time.

DC United is well..............one fo the worst teams in the league right now. hence how they got the lottery. teams are ranked by well how **** they are, so when a US player (since this a league based out of the US), coming back into the system, every team does have a chance, just some times (like DC United or colorado) would have a higher chance for being a poorer team right now. So theoretically a team like LA Galaxy could have gotten him, it was just high unlikely.

I wouldn't necessarily put the MLS as a poor league. Five years ago? Absolutely. It's slowly getting better. There were years there when the league first stood up that it was just god awful to witness. I'm not saying we can go out and kick the arse of Real Madrid, but any lower tiered team in the championship could get a run for their money in a serious game.

Doesn't the player have a say in any of this?

Train/settle in Colorado for some time only to be told he has to move to Washington?

Not at all.

But American sport is very different to England. Players can openly force a "trade" to another team and it's not thought of how it is here. So if he has no desires to play there he can get a move.

I don't understand why we offered him a new contract, if we are willing to sell in Dec?

Not a moan before I get jumped on from all angles, just doesn't make sense, unless the buy clause had to be done to push the deal through.

I don't understand why we offered him a new contract, if we are willing to sell in Dec?

Not a moan before I get jumped on from all angles, just doesn't make sense, unless the buy clause had to be done to push the deal through.

Guess it's just to get some sort of a fee.

• 4 months later...

Archived