Conor Doyle

CumbrianRam

DERBY County are hoping to fix up Conor Doyle with a six-month loan spell in the MLS.

The Rams forward is back in the United States training with Colorado Rapids.

Derby’s plan is to send the 21-year-old American forward out on loan to gain first-team experience.

“There are a few obstacles to overcome with the MLS but hopefully we can work our way through them,” said Rams manager Nigel Clough.

“Conor is training full time with Colorado Rapids, which is good.

“A six-month loan spell would do him the world of good.

“We just want to get him playing some games.

“If not in America, we will try and get him fixed up in England.”

Doyle has signed a one-year extension to his contract at Derby.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/MLS-loan-spell-cards-Conor-Doyle/story-19454548-detail/story.htm

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it will help i'll volunteer to go to Denver with him and keep him on track.

I'm sure everybody on this forum would pitch in 20 quid to send me back to Denver keep him away from Derby.

I won't

Should never have signed him to a new deal, think he's 22 now and won't get anywhere near the standard to perform at this level.

Good for a league two side, even that's pushing it...

Your mystic ball told you that has it?

I don't know why we gave him a new contract

Because he's a youth team player, we're probably not paying him much and he's got time to develop...

MLS is a poor league, if he gets a couple of goals and boosts his reputation you never know an American team could come in for him in January. I think this is his last season to see what he's got.

Hells Bells people... have you lot been down at training every day or something? Cos as far as I'm aware the lad has barely played for the first team so far... Mainly 10-20 mins here and there playing out of position (2 starts I think? Both on the RW)

Why can't people give the lad a chance?!?!?!

Hells Bells people... have you lot been down at training every day or something? Cos as far as I'm aware the lad has barely played for the first team so far... Mainly 10-20 mins here and there playing out of position (2 starts I think? Both on the RW)

Why can't people give the lad a chance?!?!?!

Isn't this a reason to be worried? He's nearly 22, and rarely breaking into the 18 man squad, never mind the starting 11. Unfortunately he hasn't got what it takes to be a championship player.

ive seen him once live, at the peterborough away game 2011 (we lost 3-2), he was crap that day and ive not seen him play since.

but if us supporters all think he's awful (comparatively we think johnny russell and john brayford are messiahs), he probably is. 

"Why can't people give the lad a chance?!?!?"

Because he's been here THREE years, done nothing in that duration to be considered a talent for the future. He scored a couple of goals for the under 21's solely because he's up against players five years younger than himself.

I've seen him enough times, both in the reserves at Belper and the U21's to know he simply is not good enough at this level.

No idea why Clough signed him to a new contract, do you also rate Saul Deeney? Give me an academy product like Kwane Thomas and Mats Morch over them two anyday of the week.

"Why can't people give the lad a chance?!?!?"

Because he's been here THREE years, done nothing in that duration to be considered a talent for the future. He scored a couple of goals for the under 21's solely because he's up against players five years younger than himself.

I've seen him enough times, both in the reserves at Belper and the U21's to know he simply is not good enough at this level.

No idea why Clough signed him to a new contract, do you also rate Saul Deeney? Give me an academy product like Kwane Thomas and Mats Morch over them two anyday of the week.

I'm guessing that our American owners might have something to do with it.

Aren't the owners based out of Colorado?  This would make a ton of sense from that perspective.  And the Rams could probably make a quick buck if some MLS team actually gets interested.  Hell, if this does happen, I'll probably make a trip up to KC when they play Colorado and hopefully watch him play.  That would be neat enough to see an actual Ram in person.  Even if he is considered crap. 

Aren't the owners based out of Colorado?  This would make a ton of sense from that perspective.  And the Rams could probably make a quick buck if some MLS team actually gets interested.  Hell, if this does happen, I'll probably make a trip up to KC when they play Colorado and hopefully watch him play.  That would be neat enough to see an actual Ram in person.  Even if he is considered crap.

be sure to pass on our regards. ;)

Archived