Craig Forsyth

-JW-

Watford have 12 professional players registered for next season after releasing seven players, including Mark Yeates and Stephen McGinn.

Prince Bauben, Manuel Mingoia, Jack Bonham, Aaron Tumwa and Stephan Hamilton-Forbes have also left.

Manuel Almunia, Jonathan Bond, Fitz Hall, Lloyd Doyley and John Eustace are also out of contract but are likely to be offered new deals.

Thirteen players have reached the end of loan deals at Vicarage Road.

A total of 21 players are poised to leave Vicarage Road this summer, with striker Chris Iwelumo also set to join Ssausagehorpe United.

Despite being under a transfer embargo for financial irregularities under the previous owner, the Hornets will be allowed to make signings on a case-by-case basis and will be expected to make permanent acquisitions from sister clubs Udinese and Granada, who belong to Watford's Italian owners the Pozzo family.

The beaten Championship play-off finalists will be unable to make the number of foreign loan signings they arranged last season - they finished the campaign with 11 - as the Football League has changed its rules to recognise foreign loans in the same way as domestic loans.

Match-day squads next season will be restricted to five loanees, with four from any one club.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22826958

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22826958

No, I don't think that it says that they've extended Forsyth's contract, just that he's still under contract.

I also don't see the transfer embargo being an issue as Watford can sign players as long as the FA/League agree. I can't see them saying no as the punishment was for the previous regime, not this one.

Watford have 12 professional players registered for next season after releasing seven players, including Mark Yeates and Stephen McGinn.

Prince Bauben, Manuel Mingoia, Jack Bonham, Aaron Tumwa and Stephan Hamilton-Forbes have also left.

Manuel Almunia, Jonathan Bond, Fitz Hall, Lloyd Doyley and John Eustace are also out of contract but are likely to be offered new deals.

Thirteen players have reached the end of loan deals at Vicarage Road.

A total of 21 players are poised to leave Vicarage Road this summer, with striker Chris Iwelumo also set to join Ssausagehorpe United.

Despite being under a transfer embargo for financial irregularities under the previous owner, the Hornets will be allowed to make signings on a case-by-case basis and will be expected to make permanent acquisitions from sister clubs Udinese and Granada, who belong to Watford's Italian owners the Pozzo family.

The beaten Championship play-off finalists will be unable to make the number of foreign loan signings they arranged last season - they finished the campaign with 11 - as the Football League has changed its rules to recognise foreign loans in the same way as domestic loans.

Match-day squads next season will be restricted to five loanees, with four from any one club.http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22826958

Is this just me being thick but can't see anywhere that Forsyth has signed an extension?

Is this just me being thick but can't see anywhere that Forsyth has signed an extension?

He hasn't.

He still has a year left on his current contract.

2 + 2 = 5

There's a separate bit that says:

Contracted for next season

• Craig Forsyth
  • Lee Hodson
  • Britt Assombalonga
  • Ross Jenkins
  • Carl Dickinson
  • Nyron Nosworthy
  • Adam Thompson
  • Tommie Hoban
  • Jonathan Hogg
  • Troy Deeney
  • Matej Vydra
  • Connor Smith

• Craig Forsyth
  • Lee Hodson
  • Britt Assombalonga
  • Ross Jenkins
  • Carl Dickinson
  • Nyron Nosworthy
  • Adam Thompson
  • Tommie Hoban
  • Jonathan Hogg
  • Troy Deeney
  • Matej Vydra
  • Connor Smith

Cheers!!!!

• Craig Forsyth
  • Lee Hodson
  • Britt Assombalonga
  • Ross Jenkins
  • Carl Dickinson
  • Nyron Nosworthy
  • Adam Thompson
  • Tommie Hoban
  • Jonathan Hogg
  • Troy Deeney
  • Matej Vydra
  • Connor Smith

Yes, but he has not had his contract extended. A club can only do that if there is an option to extend, and then only in the last 6 months of the existing contract (and they have to offer him at least as much as for his current contract)

Think Forsyth deal would probably be towards the start of the season after Watford have brought themselves a new squad.

They have a transfer embargo at the moment

Despite being under a transfer embargo for financial irregularities under the previous owner, the Hornets will be allowed to make signings on a case-by-case basis.

So you wouldnt think they can go mad

Yes, but he has not had his contract extended. A club can only do that if there is an option to extend, and then only in the last 6 months of the existing contract (and they have to offer him at least as much as for his current contract)

Sorry mate, my fault I glanced at the list at the side of the article and misread what it meant.

Archived