Lee Grant

sage

I always thought Lee Grant was a poor goalkeeper to he honest.

Maybe Frank and Adam are both refusing to sign new contract and both want to be No.1, otherwise, why would we sign another number 1 from another team?

If this is to be believed I wouldn't be surprised to see Grant and Morch as our No. 1 and No.13

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Frank and Adam are giving us the ultimatum of "number 1" or "sell me", why don't we just sell one and make the other our undisputed first choice rather than sell them both and buy someone completely new?

I'd rather keep either one over Grant if I'm honest. Preferably Frankie.

If Frank and Adam are giving us the ultimatum of "number 1" or "sell me", why don't we just sell one and make the other our undisputed first choice rather than sell them both and buy someone completely new?

I'd rather keep either one over Grant if I'm honest. Preferably Frankie.

Because this goes against the very ethos of what Nigel and his staff are (rightfully) perceived to be doing. You have to earn the right to play for this club, guarantees lead to complacency and complacency leads to lethargy. Lethargy leads to bad performances.

Yup - a half empty packet of cornflakes in the staff canteen at FA Headquarters nearly got the call at one point

An easy mistake to make. The largest cornflakes factory in the world is at Trafford Park in Manchester - perhaps the FA thought that it played for United and was therefore a shoe-in for the England side. Then they discovered that it was only at FA HQ to act as a character witness at one of Rio's regular disciplinary hearings.

Don't get the spite Saul Deeney gets, done nowt wrong has he? Expect he'll be gone soonish though. 

They're both perfectly good keepers at this level. Lee Grant is not better than either of them, so what would be the point? If we were going to sell one of them to fund another buy/wages, then promote Morch to the bench.

All this talk of Grant and Vaughan is just depressing.

Behave, our 2 keepers are hardly world beaters

Never said they were world beaters, but at this level, they are par for the course. I just think that with about five keepers on the books, there are other priorities first.

The one playing department we don't need sorting!

People are talking about us pushing for top 6. This is how teams do it. They improve on what they have got. Just because we have got 2 goalkeepers does not mean, they can take us to the next level. This is what everyone wants, I can't believe that people are moaning that we have started to do this.

Sacrifices will need to be made!!

Never said they were world beaters, but at this level, they are par for the course. I just think that with about five keepers on the books, there are other priorities first.

Get rid of some of the excess keepers even if it is to free up a little of the wage bill then get a solid keeper in. I mention solid as opposed to the 2 we have alternating in our first team at the moment

I am with Moystn on this one though...

I look at it this way, for first team players going into next season (our players)

2 goalkeepers
0 Left Backs
3 Centre Backs (4 if you count Barker)
3 Right Backs

1 Right Mid (2 depends on Bavies signing)
3 Centre midfielders
2 Left Midfielders
3 strikers (assuming Tyson and Robinson leave) 

You look at that and say, need couple left backs, a centre back, a right midfielder, perhaps a centre midfielder and a couple strikers, goalkeeper wouldn't be last on my list but we've got 2 fine keepers, Lee Grant has been excellent this season and picked up a POTY award in the process, and we all know how much Clough loves a good POTY signing - and, he would be a good signing, but there are other priorities. 

Archived