Lee Grant

sage

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Lee Grant first time round at Derby. He was a good shot stopper but he used to flap at crosses and didn't command his area- sound familiar? He's bulked up since then, been around a bit and, hopefully, improved the weak area of his game because, if he hasn't, we may as well hold onto Frankie or Ledzdins

Ohh.. (Comments from the link.) 

"No problem, let him go. He has little or no command of his box, making it much more difficult for the back 4.
He talks about there being much more to come from him. I doubt it."

"Please replace with someone more vocal and who comes off his line to command his box."

"It's time for a few changes,as last season proved,if Grant wants to go, let him,there are many goalkeepers as good if not better,and though he had a half decent season,there will be many good footballers looking for jobs next season, including goalkeepers."

Interesting in that article he reckons that trying to stop Austin scoring in training has developed him as a keeper.

Any coincidence that trying to stop Sammon scoring in training appears to have led to our keepers getting worse?

I didn't realise he actually won supporters POTY, I think that is some massive ask when you have a striker scoring a goal every game.

Great achievement - I used to like Grant, but ultimately when Camp found form - Grant fell into the back a little bit, since then he has won a name for himself, Sheffield Wednesday fans I know rate him... Burnley fans obviously rate him. 

I saw him boxing at the gym once, he looked handy.  :lol:

Archived