Lee Grant

sage

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sage has been around for years on here and the old DET so don't see a reason for him to make this up. Yet people believe more some young lad who whatever happens says I knew we were signing them.

Grant himself I'm not that sure about, frank or Adam aren't great and very average at best, they are no better than bywater was, or grant and camp before him. I don't know if grant has got lots better but he like many keepers was a good shot stopper but needed to command his area more

Burnley fan here. Don't know where you're getting all this rubbish from saying that Grant has signed for you tonight. He has just won POTY at a supporters group awards night that he was at. The players were doing a signing session and he was there.

I know players improve, but we are talking about the same Lee Grant who was considered to be inferior to both Camp and Bywater when he was here?

Slightly underwhelmed by this, to be honest. I don't see it as much of an improvement to what we already have...

I know players improve, but we are talking about the same Lee Grant who was considered to be inferior to both Camp and Bywater when he was here?

Remember, players can improve and I think Grant is one of those players. To be fair I thought he was better than Bywater anyway. It's of course the opinion of the manager at the time and he decided to let him go.

If he has signed, he will come back a much improved player.

Also a certain Martin taylor was classed a joke normally in his bbg days then one season, BANG player of the year and I do believe he would of gone on and done really well for us if it wasn't for that terrible injury. He never really got back did he?.

Martin Taylor was going to be the new Peter Shilton back in them days, he was having a great season until that fateful trip to Southend.

I also remember Lee Grant being quite a decent goalkeeper in his early days at PP. He had a pretty good debut anyway.

Hope Sage is right, otherwise this thread is proper random.

Just a thought - aren't we unlikely to announce signing Lee Grant while we still have Frank & Adam on our books with a year to run?

Any club that is interested in Frank or Adam would hold all the cards  - they know we need to get rid of them, so they'd either put in a low bid or just wait it out

Just a thought - aren't we unlikely to announce signing Lee Grant while we still have Frank & Adam on our books with a year to run?

Any club that is interested in Frank or Adam would hold all the cards - they know we need to get rid of them, so they'd either put in a low bid or just wait it out

That's what I thought when a friend told me about this. But he definitely didn't sign for you yesterday evening.

Well he can't have signed anyway as it's still May. I'm assuming that if it's true, it's just a pre-contract agreement in place until we move Frank/Adam on elsewhere.

He wouldn't have needed to be present to sign that sort of agreement - his agent Darryl Powell FG would have been able to do that on his instruction

Yeah Darryl could of signed on his behalf. They would have seen the contract on offer, obviously Lee has agreed to it.

Allegedly

People can sign contracts when not in the city. There are these amazing things called fax machines and email. I know I didn't believe they existed either

Archived