Lee Grant

sage

I can't a warning for suggesting someone may or may not be racist on here, however, it's documented that Burnley is a town with lots of intolerant (to other races) inhabitants. My cousin is good mates with Granty and says he's been racially abused oop there.

Well I do hope not, after doing some looking over their forums it seems he has picked up this year, but he is still indecisive and does not command his area. 

During the season before this he was to Burnley as Teale was to us for a while, he isn't going to be a revelation, so I'm unsure exactly why he's being brought in. I still think Fielding can go back to his best, you don't lose the ability as he initially had over 12 months, and he's very young.

Nor would I like to lose Lego. We'll see.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We paid about 750k for them both! I'd take a Million for the both of them!

No we didn't! Frankie cost us £400k and Adam cost us just under £200k

We could probably get the best part of a million if we sell them both now, and if Grant comes in on a free then it counts as good business yes?

Yes, it was less than a year ago that Glick was raving about him saying that he was realtively young for a keeper, still had his best year's ahead of him yet had made a huge number of appearances for his age. I think they were expecting him to be here for a while and hit his peak at the club.

Now it feels like they want to ensure a proper backbone of experienced players through the middle of the squad. A keeper like Grant in his prime for free is very attractive

Fielding out 300k max

Legzdins out 300k max

Fielding bought for 350k

Legzdins undisclosed (complete guess someone could clarify - 200k)

Grant bought free (plus signing on fee)

Legzdins low wage, Fielding will be similar to theo and ward, grant higher still.

However the club would only do this if they think that grant is a better player than both and it would be prudent financially. However what I would say is that other clubs will know we don't want fielding and legzdins meaning they can bid less money.

We don't know the full story yet, clough recently said that he would look at the goalkeeper scenario, he also said he would not allow people to stay if they only had a year left (salable assets only, not Roberts etc). This means both keepers and Brayford would be sold unless they re-sign, maybe they have better offers and want to move, I think both will have been annoyed with the switching and if they get a clear no1 position or a sub in the prem they may see it as a step up. If they are both looking to leave then we need replacement, Grant is experienced and free.

I have seen/heard this but just rubbished it. I didn't think we was after a keeper anyway? and it's not even the end of the season until saturday. 

He has been in outstanding form this season, last season he wasn't upto much but certainly when i've seen him he has been class, I mean Burnley away wasn't he the reason we didn't win that by a shedload.

I know he is still definitely Derby based, I have seen him dotted about from time to time. I like both our keepers, and a keeper for me is down on the list, but an experienced player like Grant coming in is a good signing - but as I said, it would probably be the last place I would be looking if I was Clough..

Fielding out 300k max

Legzdins out 300k max

Fielding out 250k

Legzdins out - zero or some nominal sum like a new set of football shirts

I would be happy if both went, we need to start pushing on and not accepting that even though a player is OK that's not good enough

Archived