The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read all of this thread, but here's a mad idea:

If Reading go down, why not a punt on Le Fondre? Y'know, like we perhaps should have done a couple of years ago? Could look for a change of scene, not sure about his wages but he'd be a very exciting signing in my opinion.

Can't see why he would leave unless we could offer better wages. Reading are not big spenders who are backed by a Russian who will receive increased parachute payments. 

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks as though we are going after these 5 players in the summer following collective feedback from the q and a's.

Martin - Free Agent - Norwich

Forsyth - 200k max - Watford

These two are bound to be 2 of the 5

Then favourites at the moment seem to be 3 out of

Chris Humphreys - Free Agent - Motherwell

Alex Baptiste - Free Agent - Blackpool

Kevin Davies - Free Agent

Martin Waghorn - Free Agent - Leicester

Will Grigg - not sure on contract - Walsall

Humphreys, Baptiste and Waghorn I reckon. Grigg will go to a Prem team and I don't know where this Kevin Davies rumour has come from. Not going to happen anyway I don't think.

But by that reckoning, we'll have only spent 200k. I got the impression from Rush that Clough would have some money to spend.

Humphreys, Baptiste and Waghorn I reckon. Grigg will go to a Prem team and I don't know where this Kevin Davies rumour has come from. Not going to happen anyway I don't think.

I don't know where the Kevin Davies rumour came from to be honest either. That is the most unlikely I agree

I'd be very happy if we got Martin and another striker. I'm not happy putting all our faith into Martin, need someone else too.

I'd love to nick Baldock seeing as Bristol City seem doomed. Savies would be hilarious as well, both of them with Martin would have me a very happy man  :lol:  Wishful thinking though. Waghorn has been talked about for ages, I think he'll inevitably give in and join us.

Will Grigg is apparently PL bound, be over the moon if he came here though. Seems a cracking little player.

If this Baptiste stuff is true he'd be a massive coup on a free, same goes for Humphreys.

Forsyth I really want, but perhaps with some competition for LB?

I think Baptiste would be a great signing for us, has previously played with Buxton, Barker and under Clough so has connections. 

Him signing would honestly surprise me, he is thought of as one of the best centre backs in the division, not to mention Blackpool's current captain. 

Another local boy, and would definitely be a coup - I don't see which championship clubs wouldn't want him to be honest! 

Infact, him and bucko grew up in the same academy in the same area, probably at the same school. 

I think Baptiste would be a great signing for us, has previously played with Buxton, Barker and under Clough so has connections. 

Him signing would honestly surprise me, he is thought of as one of the best centre backs in the division, not to mention Blackpool's current captain. 

Another local boy, and would definitely be a coup - I don't see which championship clubs wouldn't want him to be honest! 

Infact, him and bucko grew up in the same academy in the same area, probably at the same school. 

Same accademy but not same school, Bap went to St Josephs and then All Saints, the bible basher!!! Still holods the record for Ollerton for most goals in a season!!! Best striker Ollerton have ever seen!!!

Archived