The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bristol City

Albert Adomah winger with unreal pace, poor mans zaha or bolasie that type of player.

Greg Cunigham Left back Irish international recently I think. Ex man city and forest player.

Wolves

Ebans Blake experienced striker will get a few goals for sure.

Kevin Doyle pacey striker but lost a yard or too this season and has found it tough.

Stephen Ward left back Irish international better going forward than defensively. Opposite of garth.

Rodger Johnson errrr no. Big attitude problem and will be on ridiculous wages from Birmingham transfer.

Peterborough

Dwight Gayle = Goal machine, pace dribble his forte. Like Jermain Defoe.

Aren't all the rest of Peterborough players the manager has borrowed from connections to his dad?

Bristol City

Albert Adomah winger with unreal pace, poor mans zaha or bolasie that type of player.

Greg Cunigham Left back Irish international recently I think. Ex man city and forest player.

Wolves

Ebans Blake experienced striker will get a few goals for sure.

Kevin Doyle pacey striker but lost a yard or too this season and has found it tough.

Stephen Ward left back Irish international better going forward than defensively. Opposite of garth.

Rodger Johnson errrr no. Big attitude problem and will be on ridiculous wages from Birmingham transfer.

Peterborough

Dwight Gayle = Goal machine, pace dribble his forte. Like Jermain Defoe.

Aren't all the rest of Peterborough players the manager has borrowed from connections to his dad?

Would you not have Steve Davies back too?

Would you not have Steve Davies back too?

Every derby fan would prefer Steve Davies over Sammon.

Davies scores more goals.

He doesn't work as hard or cover as much ground

He is better passer

He has a better touch

He is better in the air

Goal scoring record could have got 20 in one season if it wasn't for injuries.

But I didn't put him on the list because he won't come back 100%. So I didn't bother.

What do people define as "experience"

Our first team squad based on experience,:

1. Frank Fielding, 171 senior game, had England call-ups, in his third season playing at this level

2. John Brayford, nearing 300 senior games from Conference to Championship level, 112 games here.

3. Gareth Roberts, over 600 senior appearances at Championship/League One level, played in a major cup final. Former Welsh internation

4. Craig Bryson, second season here, over 200 appearances at SPL and Champ level, another 100 in Scottish first div, 1 Scotland cap.

5. Jake Buxton fourth season here, mainly used as back up for first two season but 72 Derby appearances and 250+ for Football League clubs

6. Richard Keogh, third season full time at this level, only missed one of last 130 Championship matchdays, prior league one experience at Carlisle and Bristol City and now Ireland international

7. Paul Coutts, 175+ appearances, mainly at Championship/League One level

8. Jeff Hendrick, Irish international, second full senior season already 86 appearances for first team

10. Jamie Ward, his fifth season and this level 141 appearances for Championship clubs, plus 100+ games at League Two level, Northern Ireland international.

12. Michael Jacobs, lacking experience at this level but played 100 times for Northampton

13. Adam Legzdins, first season playing regularly at this level, loan experience at Conference clubs, handful of games for Crewe before playing full season for Burton in 10-11.

14. Conor Doyle, fair to say his is inexperienced at first team level

15. Mark O'Brien, also class him as lacking experience but when fit he has tended to start, 36 Derby appearances.

16. James O'Connor, forgotten man but was a regular at this level for four seasons at Doncaster and a further three seasons at League One level, nearly 300 league games.

17. Tom Naylor, inexperienced with only 13 Football League games.

18. Ben Davies, from 2000 to 2010, Davies solely played at League Two/Conference level but impressed for Notts County and is now in his third year at Derby.

19. Will Hughes, first full season inexperienced but still our best player

20. Mason Bennett, obviously inexperienced

21. Valentin Gjokaj, ditto

22. Michael Hoganson, same

23. Kieron Freeman, played more game than the first two, but only his second season in senior football and on the fringes of team with the odd game, so inexperienced.

29. Jamie Hanson, well this obvious.

30. Saul Deeney, lets forget him

32. Conor Sammon, over 150 games at SPL, PL and Championship level and Irish international

N/A. Shaun Barker, over 250 games at this level for Rotherham, Blackpool, Derby, plus two full season at League One for Rotheram and then Blackpool. 387 total apperances

Sorry for the long winded post.

Not inculding loan players

Or Ball, Tyson, Theo, Bailey, Atkins as they will be gone in the summer IMO

LB, creative CM and maybe a striker, although if Ball comes back and plays that'll do for me, I like him.

Bennett will be like a new signing for us next season, I think, and it'll probably negate the need to sign a winger/forward.

I only say creative CM as without Hughes (through injury, fatigue or being sold) we don't have much by way of creating chances.

So for me, LB Jordi Alba, CM Paul Scholes.

Mick McCarthy as manager.

You want to get rid of Nigel Clough and bring in Mick McCarthy...  :huh:

I understand people who may of grown tired of Clough, but I personally would hope his replacement would be a better choice! He hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Ipswich, infact aren't they still below us? 

Like us to sign Martin in the summer. Wouldn't mind Forsyth either, looked good on Saturday, versatile and young. 

Also like a right winger, as I can see Davies going in the summer, as he's out of contract, leaving only Coutts as the only available right midfielder.

Depends a lot on who we sell as well, whether we get bids for either Brayford, Hughes and maybe even Ward and Hendrick? If either of these were to go they'd need replacing.

At the moment we need: Left back, right midfielder, striker (X2 if we don't sign Martin)

Archived