The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

Good, if they're all good quality signings... we should be able to achieve the play-offs at least.

5 experienced players into our side, of good quality - put with our batch of promising young players should make a huge difference! I'll wait and see who he brings in, Baptiste would be a promising start. 

I should point out though, he did say it depends on out-goings, but that will just be Tyson, Theo etc.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think with the addition of Baptiste, Forsyth, McCann, Martin and Waghorn we would have a good chance at making the playoffs. Unless I'm mistaken they are all available on frees with the exception of Forsyth who would be available for around £300,000. Will Grigg would be a good option if there is room in the budget, as would a new winger. We aren't a million miles away though, and that's encouraging if nothing else is.

That would give us a squad of:
Fielding, Legzdins, Deeney
-
Brayford, Freeman, Forsyth, Hoganson
-
Keogh, Baptiste, Buxton, Barker, Gjokaj, O'Brien
-
Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Coutts, Jacobs, Davies, Ward, (New Winger)
-
Sammon, Martin, Waghorn, Bennett, (Grigg)

I think with the addition of Baptiste, Forsyth, McCann, Martin and Waghorn we would have a good chance at making the playoffs. Unless I'm mistaken they are all available on frees with the exception of Forsyth who would be available for around £300,000. Will Grigg would be a good option if there is room in the budget, as would a new winger. We aren't a million miles away though, and that's encouraging if nothing else is.

That would give us a squad of:

Fielding, Legzdins, Deeney

-

Brayford, Freeman, Forsyth, Hoganson

-

Keogh, Baptiste, Buxton, Barker, Gjokaj, O'Brien

-

Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Coutts, Jacobs, Davies, Ward, (New Winger)

-

Sammon, Martin, Waghorn, Bennett, (Grigg)

Where are the wages magically going to appear from to pay for these new players, Im expecting Tyson, Robinson to go?

What's this notion that we strengthened our defence last year that Mr Rush said when he was up in Belper? We sold Shackell and brought in an average replacement in Keogh, this is sadly why I'm skeptical that baptise will come from new money, I could probably see Brayford going to finance Baptise, seeing as Clough doesn't recognise him as a right back otherwise he would'nt have kept playing him in bizarre positions.

Hope we sign some decent players this season, my patience and wallet is wearing thin.

What's this notion that we strengthened our defence last year that Mr Rush said when he was up in Belper? We sold Shackell and brought in an average replacement in Keogh, this is sadly why I'm skeptical that baptise will come from new money, I could probably see Brayford going to finance Baptise, seeing as Clough doesn't recognise him as a right back otherwise he would'nt have kept playing him in bizarre positions.

Hope we sign some decent players this season, my patience and wallet is wearing thin.

Average Keogh? Very harsh. Been one of our best players this season and also younger than Shackell, who may i add, hasn't set the world alight at Burnley according to a mate of mine. 

Nicky Maynard

injured recently but a very good player and clough tends to get the best out of players (no player has done miles better at another club compared to their time under Nigel)

from memory Nigel's dad was renowned for taking players that had something wrong with them and fixing it so to speak, players that other clubs would be put off from for reasons one example is that I heard he signed a player called kenny burns that had an attitude and alcohol problem nobody knew why clough signed him but he turned out to be an excellent signing? someone could clarify? maybe give an example of Brian at derby where nobody knew why he signed a player but it turned out to be a quality signing.

maybe Nigel will see past things like the injury Maynard has.

Archived