Theo Robinson

WestLondonRam

Well I'm glad you read the bit where I said we don't have the same quality of player so don't point it out. There was me thinking theo last night nearly nicked us a winner with a great header from a corner which bogdan made a great stop. We all know he is frustrating but he does score goals, that's what's wins you games.

You talk about them as if they're similar types of player! The reason that strategy works for Man U is because they have some of the best finishers in the world! You HAVE to have Hernandez's if that tactic is going to work. It simply won't work for us.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be wrong, as I said I wouldn't be against playing Theo and Ward upfront.. IN MY OPINION which is the key bit, would significantly weaken us as a side, but I could be wrong - you don't know until you try I guess.

Playing Ward and Theo doesn't have to mean losing Sammon, but just shifting Ward to where he was before would work, where he would still be a threat and you could simply give him license to get into the box whenever he could. Have him out-wide but allowed to also play just behind the strikers too, he does that often enough as it is.

Can't help but feel we're missing a trick by dropping Theo for as long as we do given his goal-scoring rate. He hit 9 by December, another 6 by the end of April and that's 15 goals a season in Theo, I suspect he could manage that. Regardless of what people think of him.

You talk about them as if they're similar types of player! The reason that strategy works for Man U is because they have some of the best finishers in the world! You HAVE to have Hernandez's if that tactic is going to work. It simply won't work for us.

I didn't that's why I said they aren't the same level of player. That must have been difficult for you to understand.

It's a tactic fergie has always used and i wasnt just talking about players it was the theory of getting the best goalscores and players who can create something on the pitch at once. Also if you read I also said the sides at the top of our league have 3 or 4 players who can all create and get a goal.

It's like hitting your head against a brick wall when people can't read

Playing Ward and Theo doesn't have to mean losing Sammon, but just shifting Ward to where he was before would work, where he would still be a threat and you could simply give him license to get into the box whenever he could. Have him out-wide but allowed to also play just behind the strikers too, he does that often enough as it is.

Can't help but feel we're missing a trick by dropping Theo for as long as we do given his goal-scoring rate. He hit 9 by December, another 6 by the end of April and that's 15 goals a season in Theo, I suspect he could manage that. Regardless of what people think of him.

I am not against Robinson playing if it is justified, but to me the choice is Robinson or Ward. Ward is scoring at around a goal a game so there is no way that I would want to move him out wide to accommodate Robinson. Sammon should stay where he is. He leads the front well bringing players into the game and creating space.

Do you work for marketing at DCFC? All this propaganda is tiresome. I show my support and wouldnt allow a fan of another club to criticise things at DCFC, but that doesn't mean I'm going to blindly support the team and accept everything that goes on.

Why would you say blindly support? Do you not think wwe are getting any closer to being a top team in the NPC next year?

What's your problem? I DO NOT agree with you! Deal with it.

If we were blokes sitting in a pub and I said it, would you go running to the bouncers because I disagree with you. I watch football intensely, I spot many things that others don't, I've done coaching courses and been scouting with pro-scouts, I may or may not be right, but I'm entitled to my opinion. If you can't handle people with different points of view, perhaps you should stay in your bedroom and talk about your love for Connor Sammon to the mirror!

Noboday needs you to agree with them... BUT there's a difference between making a point, and assuming the point you're making is correct and rubbishing everyone else... It's more the how than the what...

I notice that you think your opinions are more valid because you have been on coaching courses and know some scouts... Do you not think that MAYBE the guys who are employed as coaches and scouts at Derby MIGHT know what makes a good player better than you? Maybe? And Nigel, who has probably been in the game for longer than you, and has plenty of coaching qualifications, and is ya know PAID by a sports management company MIGHT actually know more than you?

Maybe?

Why would you say blindly support? Do you not think wwe are getting any closer to being a top team in the NPC next year?

No, I don't. Reasons are, every year a few teams overtake us from much worse positions, some even from the league below, AND we are going to struggle to resist the temptation to sell a couple of our better players. I can see plenty of people being interested in Brayford, Hendrick and Hughes, and maybe even Bryson. This will leave us a worse team. So we wont be closer to being a top team, no. In my opinion of course

Noboday needs you to agree with them... BUT there's a difference between making a point, and assuming the point you're making is correct and rubbishing everyone else... It's more the how than the what...

I notice that you think your opinions are more valid because you have been on coaching courses and know some scouts... Do you not think that MAYBE the guys who are employed as coaches and scouts at Derby MIGHT know what makes a good player better than you? Maybe? And Nigel, who has probably been in the game for longer than you, and has plenty of coaching qualifications, and is ya know PAID by a sports management company MIGHT actually know more than you?

Maybe?

For starters, my reaction was based on the fact that the person disagreeing with me had no opinion other than I was wrong! The was no attempt to back-up the opinion, and that to me is disappointing and how can you give credit to an opinion that isn't really an opinion? Just someone saying you're wrong!

I am not so insolent to suggest that my opinion is more valid at all, but I have a mindset for my opinion and a basis. I don't believe Nigel has the right qualifications to even be Derby County manager and has only been given dispensation as the rules were bought in after he was appointed.

I am not so insolent to suggest that my opinion is more valid at all, but I have a mindset for my opinion and a basis.

Jolly good for you chap... But just cos you have a 'mindset' (which by definition just means you have one way of thinking of things and can't be shaken from it) doesn't make your opinion any more valid...

You think Sammon is rubbish... I think he's an important and valuable member of the team... opinions ya see... and you don't have ANY more evidence that yours is correct than I do...

No, I don't. Reasons are, every year a few teams overtake us from much worse positions, some even from the league below, AND we are going to struggle to resist the temptation to sell a couple of our better players. I can see plenty of people being interested in Brayford, Hendrick and Hughes, and maybe even Bryson. This will leave us a worse team. So we wont be closer to being a top team, no. In my opinion of course

For starters, my reaction was based on the fact that the person disagreeing with me had no opinion other than I was wrong! The was no attempt to back-up the opinion, and that to me is disappointing and how can you give credit to an opinion that isn't really an opinion? Just someone saying you're wrong!

I am not so insolent to suggest that my opinion is more valid at all, but I have a mindset for my opinion and a basis. I don't believe Nigel has the right qualifications to even be Derby County manager and has only been given dispensation as the rules were bought in after he was appointed.

So if Nigel gets a coaching qualification he will become a better manager? Ffs

Ok so I'll tell you what if we sell all thoose players next year (which we won't) then that is the time to be negative and say hold on that is not what I signed up for...

Didn't you say on another post "The irony is, you're basing your faith in Clough in something which hasn't happened yet and based on previous, will never happen!"

Ok so your now basing something which has not happened yet and will never happen.... ( [size=2]Contradiction[/size] )

Jolly good for you chap... But just cos you have a 'mindset' (which by definition just means you have one way of thinking of things and can't be shaken from it) doesn't make your opinion any more valid...

You think Sammon is rubbish... I think he's an important and valuable member of the team... opinions ya see... and you don't have ANY more evidence that yours is correct than I do...

see? this is the thing..... I don't disagree with that. He IS an important and valuable member of the team. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

It's also a mitigating fact, based on the fact that he has to be as there is nobody else!

My car is an absolute shed, but it's vital and important to me, and very valuable. It's the only car I own, but it doesn't make it a good car.

see? this is the thing..... I don't disagree with that. He IS an important and valuable member of the team. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

It's also a mitigating fact, based on the fact that he has to be as there is nobody else!

My car is an absolute shed, but it's vital and important to me, and very valuable. It's the only car I own, but it doesn't make it a good car.

There are other options though, that is what most of this disagreement is about, Sammon or Robinson, there are a few options instead of Sammon, there is Robinson (obviously) Jacobs, Bennett, Doyle, even Ward on his own.

What is the best combo of strikers? Clough thinks it is Sammon and Ward, others think it should be Robinson and Ward, some Sammon and Robinson with Ward on the left. Personally I would like to see Doyle on his own 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> seriously I would like to see Sammon with Ward and Jacobs as an attacking 3 (similar to the Wolves game but with Ward and Jacobs closer to Sammon and swapping around)

Sounds like a good car then...

Would you buy a ferrari as your only car if you had 5 kids? No... Would you buy a small, slight flair player if you were Stoke? No...

So in the league we're in, with the way Nigel wants us to play we have a good forward in Sammon... He does the exact role he's required to do, and does it well... And I would suggest that there aren't too many other forwards out there that could do the job Sammon does...

Ha ha what a joke. No I was the one that tried to keep everyones heads up and get on with the game instead of arguing. Hold on where did I say you were not Derby???

Maybe you and Troy are the same people trying to back each other up on stuff because your boring and have no friends and play games on your PC at midnight pretending to be someone that your not...

More of a Derby fan than myself well I don't know about that as if you was a fan you would get behind a team and not just negative post.

I would say this could never be proved if you are or are not a bigger fan but as I have a season ticket and attend most away games yet I live in London and drive 2 hours to Derby and 2 hours back and still stay positive I would say I am more of a FAN than yourself.

Your knowledge of useless facts you might know maybe better (or not) but as a FAN I doubt it...

what is a fan? answer.... A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something... Are you enthusiastically devoted to Derby at this moment in time.. From your post that is a NO IMO

Edit: I was about to pick a fight but changed my mind, so please continue!

Ok so I'll tell you what if we sell all thoose players next year (which we won't) then that is the time to be negative and say hold on that is not what I signed up for...

Didn't you say on another post "The irony is, you're basing your faith in Clough in something which hasn't happened yet and based on previous, will never happen!"

Ok so your now basing something which has not happened yet and will never happen.... ( [size=2]Contradiction[/size] )

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> hahaha, what are you doing?

I am not contradicting! I was playing devil's advocate when I pointed out the contradiction before, now you're pointing it out as if I'd made the contradiction!

Archived