Theo Robinson

WestLondonRam

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wardy didn't score too many last year, did he? You could say he played on the wing but to be our main attacking threat, he didn't have much of assists either... So hopefully his hamstring problems are behind and Clough keeps him upfront, our only good striker.

But back to Theo. I stick what I say. Theo has been our most profilic goalsorer for a while now. Last season equal with Savies and now with Ward. Maybe someone who likes stats could do some compairing to prove me wrong/right? goals and assists per minutes, this and last season?

If he is, that tells you quite a lot of our team, doesn't it?

It's because many see him as one of our few options that offer real width.

Iv'e even seen someone say that they prefer it when wards not in the team because we play better or something crazy. I can't remember which thread i saw it but i felt like giving up watching football alltogether

Wardy didn't score too many last year, did he? You could say he played on the wing but to be our main attacking threat, he didn't have much of assists either... So hopefully his hamstring problems are behind and Clough keeps him upfront, our only good striker.

But back to Theo. I stick what I say. Theo has been our most profilic goalsorer for a while now. Last season equal with Savies and now with Ward. Maybe someone who likes stats could do some compairing to prove me wrong/right? goals and assists per minutes, this and last season?

Tells me our midfield is ******* brilliant 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />[size=4] [/size][size=4] but the club don't like to invest in fish food 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />[/size]

You have until I write an actual response to realise and admit the error in what you just said.

Okay, so do this as a measure of three factors: Goals, Assists and Combined, where Combined is the sum of goals and assists. For the sake of fairness this will be done in terms of goals, assists and combined per 90 minutes, rather than games played. So, let's start with Sammon, just because we can:

Conor Sammon:

Appearances: 33

Minutes: 2673

Goals: 6

Assists: 3

Combined: 9

Goals per 90: 0.202

Assists per 90: 0.101

Combined per 90: 0.303

So, not outstanding, but that's a debate for another day. Basically, let's use him as a comparison point. So, next up is the one, the only, Theo:

Theo Larayan Ronaldo Robinson:

Appearances: 80

Minutes: 4428

Goals: 20

Combined: 23

Goals per 90: 0.407

Assists per 90: 0.061

Combined per 90: 0.467

Finally, Jamie Ward:

Jamie Ward:

Appearances: 67

Minutes: 5254

Assists: 18

Goals per 90: 0.343

Assists per 90: 0.308

Combined per 90: 0.651

Keeping in mind that Ward did play on the wing a lot of last season. Even so, his goal scoring during his time here is not far behind Theo's even normalised for time on the pitch, and he absolutely blows Theo out of the water for assists and overall contribution by this measure. But wait... what about this season?

Appearances: 28

Minutes: 1240

Goals: 8

Assists: 0

Combined: 8

Goals per 90: 0.581

Assists per 90: 0

Combined per 90: 0.581

Now that's a strike rate from the super sup Theo! But wait, there's still Ward:

Jamie Ward:

Appearances: 17

Minutes: 1338

Goals: 11

Assists: 9

Combined: 20

Goals per 90: 0.740

Assists per 90: 0.605

Combined per 90: 1.35

...please keep in mind that Ward has said before that he feels that Sammon is a huge part of the reason for his goal scoring form this season, and that with Sammon in the team, both Theo and Ward's strike rates have shattered the sky...

So yeah, no, Theo isn't our most prolific scorer, he's equal with Ward on total goals, and even if you want to consider it by goals per 90 played, Ward has blown Theo out of the water this season actually playing as a striker, and he's gotten assists to boot.

[size=2]Also, Theo was not equal with Steve Davies last season, Davies scored 11 to Theo's 10... shhhh...[/size]

Okay, so do this as a measure of three factors: Goals, Assists and Combined, where Combined is the sum of goals and assists. For the sake of fairness this will be done in terms of goals, assists and combined per 90 minutes, rather than games played. So, let's start with Sammon, just because we can:

Conor Sammon:

So, not outstanding, but that's a debate for another day. Basically, let's use him as a comparison point. So, next up is the one, the only, Theo:

Finally, Jamie Ward:

Jamie Ward:

Keeping in mind that Ward did play on the wing a lot of last season. Even so, his goal scoring during his time here is not far behind Theo's even normalised for time on the pitch, and he absolutely blows Theo out of the water for assists and overall contribution by this measure. But wait... what about this season?

Jamie Ward:

...please keep in mind that Ward has said before that he feels that Sammon is a huge part of the reason for his goal scoring form this season, and that with Sammon in the team, both Theo and Ward's strike rates have shattered the sky...

So yeah, no, Theo isn't our most prolific scorer, he's equal with Ward on total goals, and even if you want to consider it by goals per 90 played, Ward has blown Theo out of the water this season actually playing as a striker, and he's gotten assists to boot.

[size=2]Also, Theo was not equal with Steve Davies last season, Davies scored 11 to Theo's 10... shhhh...[/size]

Just imagine if we signed a prolific goal scorer in the summer, we would have nothing to talk about on here 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Steve Davies and Jamie ward up front was never tried but presumably that could have worked really well.

And as you say Sammon must be influential if ward and Robinson score more goals playing with Sammon.

Steve was lazy and did very little for the rest of the team, and offered little in the way of creating goals when played as a forward. He had a sweet left peg, but ultimately we really do need someone up there who can be a bit of a workhorse. It's telling that both Theo and Ward both vastly increased their goal output with Sammon in the side this year.

Davies and Sammon may have been in interesting combination actually... maybe... if Davies was fit for more than half a season for us.

Statistically the best England stiker partnership of the last 20 years anyone?

Heskey and Owen

And how many of those goals did Heskey contribute?

I'm surprised it's Owen and Heskey actually. Shows sometimes how little I know about the game. I would have thought Shearer and Sheringham would right be up there as a partnership and the best I've seen in my time of watching England, Beardsley and Lineker? Christ England used to have some good strikers.

Speaking of Heskey, he's now playing Australia for the Newcastle Jets. It's apparently such a big deal that they had a match where there was an option to watch the game by "Heskey Cam", which just followed him around all game, so you could get a feel for his amazing off the ball movement and general play...

...the week earlier the "Hero Cam" was used for Del Piero who plays for Sydney FC.

I'm surprised it's Owen and Heskey actually. Shows sometimes how little I know about the game. I would have thought Shearer and Sheringham would right be up there as a partnership and the best I've seen in my time of watching England, Beardsley and Lineker? Christ England used to have some good strikers.

Actually they may or may not be the best striker partnership... I can't find the numbers to back it up... I remember back in 2009 someone was quoting that they were the best partnership since the 1990 world cup...

Just wanted to point out that they were a successful partnership for both Liverpool and England and one was slightly uncoordinated and didn't score many... but terrorised the hell out of defences and was an essential part of the side...

Conor Sammon:

Finally, Jamie Ward:

Jamie Ward:

Jamie Ward:

I stand corrected. Great work with stats, Albert.

Everyone knows how Theo's been ***** all the time but the fact that he don't even score goals is just 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

In fairness, Ward has only just hit that tally, and you have to hope his hamstrings hold out. Also, alot of Theo's time on the pitch has been ten minute spells at the end of away games etc, not the best time to try and do anything considering our away performances.

Also, both Steve and Theo hit 12 last season, if you count all competitions, hence why he said that. So shhhhhhh 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Theo scores goals, doesn't do much else, but scores goals. He also missed a few months last season yet hit 12 goals. With a full season I have no doubt that he'd frustrate the hell out of you yet still hit around 15 goals, if enough chances were created for him. The stats seem to support that.

His career here is over, sadly. For me, a poor decision. But then i'm not the manager, so what I think doesn't matter much.

Archived