Theo Robinson

WestLondonRam

I spoke to Theo Robinson after the game on Saturday. He said to me that he was being dropped to reserve team on Monday.

He then proceded to tell me that he is not happy at the club and said he would leave in January if an offer came in.

I am a little worried about how unsettled he is. I don't know if that was him venting off steam but he was not best pleased.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to Theo Robinson after the game on Saturday. He said to me that he was being dropped to reserve team on Monday.

He then proceded to tell me that he is not happy at the club and said he would leave in January if an offer came in.

I am a little worried about how unsettled he is. I don't know if that was him venting off steam but he was not best pleased.

He spoke to you in what capacity?

As a friend (in which case you really shouldn't be posting it on here)

As a passing comment to a supporter (In which case I simply don't believe you as I cannot believe that Theo would vent off steam to a total stranger)

or are you required to talk to Theo in a work capacity (in which case you shouldn't be posting his comments on here)

He was ventting off to a group of us who were around at the time. You do not have to believe what I say, I was asking to find out if anyone else had heard this before as I thought he was settled.

You will obviously see that he is playing in the reserves today and that will show that this comment has some substance. Has anyone else heard he is unhappy?

Nigel said after the Palace game that all the players not fully involved on Saturday would get a run out in the U21s today, so it would be no suprise to see Theo playing.

Theo also got disciplined for revealing his exclusion from the team on twitter a few weeks ago. I would guess that he's learnt his lesson and should avoid 'venting' in public.

All seems a bit spurious, but anything is possible. I can imagine Nigel falling out with Theo over his obvious failings and I can imagine that Theo might get fed up with being chastised - but this is the only thing that I have ever read about it.

FOS

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this is true.

Over the past few years I have been told on a numerous amount of times about similar scenarios with different players by different people.

The latest edition coming last saturday, that said for a good fee I would definitely be open to letting Theo go, he is a fans favourite but not the best footballer unless he is 5/6 yards out he doesn't add that much to the side - does work hard though.

Very difficult to put a price on him if he was to go, when he's not in the box, he isn't effective at all, however, get him facing goal, and running behind defenses he's very good, and he'll run all day. His goals obviously make him a good asset, if you play to his strengths, drilling balls across the 6 yard box.

£750,000?

Very difficult to put a price on him if he was to go, when he's not in the box, he isn't effective at all, however, get him facing goal, and running behind defenses he's very good, and he'll run all day. His goals obviously make him a good asset, if you play to his strengths, drilling balls across the 6 yard box.

£750,000?

As long as the other team don't scout him, we should get a million? if they scout him, we won't get an offer..

Archived