Theo Robinson

WestLondonRam

I reckon the best thing he did was set Jamie Ward up for the goal at forest.

OR - maybe one of the goals he scored?

Carry on though - don't let that get in the way of a good p*sstake.

I particularly liked his goal against Leeds, when he fell over whilst kicking it and Paddy Kenny dived as if to save a real shot and dived past the ball! hahahahaha

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, being as though you're struggling to decipher context, and you've missed where I'd already specified, I'll try and qualify what I said.

Or just write what you mean first time around and cut out the rammal. (In my uneducated opinion, of course).

Looking at the ages of the respective players, alongside games played and experience gained, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Theo is still young, not really had much game time, <150 games maybe, and described on numerous occasions as 'RAW' and 'LEARNING' by Nigel Clough, Andy Garner and others. Whereas, Connor Sammon is a few years older, having played and struggled at a higher level, and not been wanted by any clubs other than us. His career/ability has peaked. This is of course my educated opinion, which I'm entitled to. He won't get any faster and if he cannot jump now, his agility will not get better with age.

I think thats the only thing Theo has going for him, age. Although arguably you shouldn't have a professional footballer in the second tier of English football being described as "Raw" at the age of 24.

In the 2 and a half years he's been here he's shown minimal improvement to his all round game. His initial loan spell was horrendous, whether that was due to being new, settling in issues, who knows. If we could get his first touch to anywhere near "half decent", if he could think about what he's doing, know not to be making silly fouls when the defender isn't going anywhere and we're chasing the game, if he could look across the defensive line like any decent striker does and realise he's stood 4 yards offside! The simple attributes need sorting first, then the ball retention, passing etc. These silly things should have been ironed out as a youngster, not still present approaching a strikers "peak" period.

As I said in my previous post, bold to make such a statement about Sammon. There's hundreds of footballers throughout football who adapt to their new environments, change the way they play and they improve. I'm not saying that he will, as I don't know if he will, neither does anybody else.

My comment about 'impossible' was a throwaway reponse to the comment above, you should really learn to read in context. Saying a player was 'disruptive' may mean something, may not mean anything, it's like saying water is 'wet'. I'd imagine there's NOT a striker in football who isn't somewhat 'disruptive' and on that basis, the comment means nothing. It's not an achievement to be what everyone else it!

So you're saying that all strikers are the same pain in the backsides to defenders no matter what attributes they have? Conor Sammon is much more "disruptive" than most. Alot due to the fact his feet don't know what he's going to do next never mind the defender. You get strikers who don't have an input for most of the game, give defenders time on the ball and are generally "lazy", these type of strikers are the ones who normally pop up with a goal mind. I imagine if you ask the defenders who they'd rather play against it would be the latter described as opposed to a combative striker who won't give them a minute all game.

The defenders and pace comment was one I made earlier, and I did state that I meant at this level. If you watch football, and I'm assuming you do, you'll have picked up at this level that the central defenders who can handle pace are quickly snapped up by the Premier league teams, and what's left are your big, strong, agricultural defenders who like to bully attackers. It's no surprise that Jamie Ward does better at this level than Connor Sammon (and any other big lump striker too), this is because of pace!

The last line doesn't have much behind it considering the top 2 scorers in this division are either targetman/slow (Murray) and combative/fat (Charlie Austin). Neither have pace yet are miles better than most in this division. Pace is only good if you've got a player who knows how to use it. We have 2 on our own books that fail at that part. Most defenders in this division can handle pace pretty well, I'd argue that there are more 1 on 1 situations in the PL than there are at this level due to pacey attackers and slow, immobile defenders. (As well as obvious quality throughout the teams in the PL to create such opportunities).

This debate is depressing when the two said players are both lower NPC players at best (current form/season). It'd be nice to be having this discussion about some half decent strikers.

I particularly liked his goal against Leeds, when he fell over whilst kicking it and Paddy Kenny dived as if to save a real shot and dived past the ball! hahahahaha

Wow - you really don't watch the games, do you?

Hold on - Sideshow Bob? You've changed your name?

MODS! Sort this out.

Wow - you really don't watch the games, do you?

Hold on - Sideshow Bob? You've changed your name?

MODS! Sort this out.

What's your problem? I DO NOT agree with you! Deal with it.

If we were blokes sitting in a pub and I said it, would you go running to the bouncers because I disagree with you. I watch football intensely, I spot many things that others don't, I've done coaching courses and been scouting with pro-scouts, I may or may not be right, but I'm entitled to my opinion. If you can't handle people with different points of view, perhaps you should stay in your bedroom and talk about your love for Connor Sammon to the mirror!

You want to ban someone for having a different opinion to you? Oh you petulant small minded imbecile. I bet you used to pick your football up and go home when someone tackled you when you was younger (or even older) too!

People have opinions, I share many of Troy's opinions, and I'll go head to head in any Derby related thing and prove I'm every bit Derby through and through, and probably more so than you!

Ha ha what a joke. No I was the one that tried to keep everyones heads up and get on with the game instead of arguing. Hold on where did I say you were not Derby???

Maybe you and Troy are the same people trying to back each other up on stuff because your boring and have no friends and play games on your PC at midnight pretending to be someone that your not...

More of a Derby fan than myself well I don't know about that as if you was a fan you would get behind a team and not just negative post.

I would say this could never be proved if you are or are not a bigger fan but as I have a season ticket and attend most away games yet I live in London and drive 2 hours to Derby and 2 hours back and still stay positive I would say I am more of a FAN than yourself.

Your knowledge of useless facts you might know maybe better (or not) but as a FAN I doubt it...

what is a fan? answer.... A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something... Are you enthusiastically devoted to Derby at this moment in time.. From your post that is a NO IMO

Ha ha what a joke. No I was the one that tried to keep everyones heads up and get on with the game instead of arguing. Hold on where did I say you were not Derby???

Maybe you and Troy are the same people trying to back each other up on stuff because your boring and have no friends and play games on your PC at midnight pretending to be someone that your not...

More of a Derby fan than myself well I don't know about that as if you was a fan you would get behind a team and not just negative post.

I would say this could never be proved if you are or are not a bigger fan but as I have a season ticket and attend most away games yet I live in London and drive 2 hours to Derby and 2 hours back and still stay positive I would say I am more of a FAN than yourself.

Your knowledge of useless facts you might know maybe better (or not) but as a FAN I doubt it...

what is a fan? answer.... A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something... Are you enthusiastically devoted to Derby at this moment in time.. From your post that is a NO IMO

On the contrary, at games I am 100% behind the team, I leave most of my criticisms for the pub, drive home, forums, moan in etc.

Just because you're willing to accept whatever rubbish is served up does not make you a fan and the fact that I question the direction of the club make me not a fan.

I don't know you and I won't pretend to know anything about you, but I am guessing that when you defend the manager, you criticise the owners?

just because they disagree doesn't mean you've got to try and offend people. If you can't take people that disagree with you please leave the forum, cheers

Debate Sammon and Robinson all day, personally I don't think either of them are good enough to play for derby. Let alone hopefully a promotion winning side.

Both have a hideous first touch, Sammon works his ******** off but achieves little, theo does nothing but is infinitely more likely to score.

We've tried both players extensively, not worked. Bring someone else in during the summer

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!.

Instead of arguing who's better out of Sammon and Theo (I still think Sammon), we should be looking to get someone even better than both of them in. Can't see any new addition beating out Clough's 1 million man though.

Exactly. He has to justify his million spent.

He can't exactly say the board don't give me the money, when his £1m waste of space is warming the bench.

Plus, he'll never admit he's wrong. I don't think, in all the time he's been in charge, he's said "I got it wrong".

Exactly. He has to justify his million spent.

He can't exactly say the board don't give me the money, when his £1m waste of space is warming the bench.

Plus, he'll never admit he's wrong. I don't think, in all the time he's been in charge, he's said "I got it wrong".

£1m? Who?.

What's your problem? I DO NOT agree with you! Deal with it.

If we were blokes sitting in a pub and I said it, would you go running to the bouncers because I disagree with you. I watch football intensely, I spot many things that others don't, I've done coaching courses and been scouting with pro-scouts, I may or may not be right, but I'm entitled to my opinion. If you can't handle people with different points of view, perhaps you should stay in your bedroom and talk about your love for Connor Sammon to the mirror!

Sit down mate.

I can deal with the fact I don't agree with you - infact I've previously replied to you to say I respect your opinion, even if I don't agree with it. Just think it's a shame to play down a players contribution because you don't like him ie Sammon's goal against Leeds.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, so is everyone on this forum. I just don't happen to agree with this one.

Any road, keep on spotting the ground breaking stuff no one else does at the matches. You might be the next gaffer at this rate!

It looks like Theo could be on his way out at the end of the season. I don't think Clough has forgiven him for that twitter incident, he hasn't been getting a look in and has barely started since, and when he has come on in the last two games I have seen (Wendies and Bolton) he just hasn't looked interested. Just my opinion of course, but it was shared by a few around me last night.

He looked more than interested last night. He almost scored...again.

Problem with not playing a striker, is they need games to get their eye back in. Giving Robinson no match time apart from the last 8 minutes every week, isn't going to do him any good.

Its the same with Darren Bent at Villa. He isn't getting match time so he isn't coming on a playing the hero.

I would give Robinson a run in the side. He nearly scored last night, and maybe if he was sharper, he would have. But the positive, is he's getting into those goal scoring positions. How many times do balls fizz across the box, or theres a scramble with no one getting on the end of the free ball.

Sammon isn't scoring the tap ins and they are vital. Goals win and lose matches. We have a striker starting every week that A. Doesn't score. B. Doesn't set them up either. So he set one up against Forest. That was weeks ago.

I think Theo deserves a chance. If only to put him in the shop window.

On the contrary, at games I am 100% behind the team, I leave most of my criticisms for the pub, drive home, forums, moan in etc.

Just because you're willing to accept whatever rubbish is served up does not make you a fan and the fact that I question the direction of the club make me not a fan.

I don't know you and I won't pretend to know anything about you, but I am guessing that when you defend the manager, you criticise the owners?

Not really I think both have made stupid decisions along with the players as well.

What I am getting at is the fact that we have 14 games left and I think the fans should keep going until the last game sticking together and not getting on the backs of Nigel, GSE or the Players.

I just think your here to argue and wind people up and if that's what you want to do that is up to you but that is not supporting the team...

I'm certainly not here to wind anyone up. And I'm sure Mostyn isn't either.

I'm just stating my opinion. I can see us falling away now. I hope I'm wrong. But from experience of the last three seasons, and the fact we haven't won in 4 games, three of which against lower opposition, two of which at home, suggests we'll collapse.

I'm certainly not here to wind anyone up. And I'm sure Mostyn isn't either.

I'm just stating my opinion. I can see us falling away now. I hope I'm wrong. But from experience of the last three seasons, and the fact we haven't won in 4 games, three of which against lower opposition, two of which at home, suggests we'll collapse.

Ok we may fall away but remember in thoose 4 games, 2-2 Sheffield fair one we let in goals from set pieces which yourself and I we have established will improve with Barker back. 2-1 Hull we were drawing with a team moving into 2nd in league with a bunch of youngsters who couldn't hold on, 0-0 Wolves Tired players and had a good chance to steal 3 points like we did in the promotion season time and time again, 1-1 Bolton 20 shots takenand only 1 went in I think that's a touch of bad luck...

These teams are all in a battle at the moment and we could win 4 in a row and be in the play off places.

Do I honestly think we will make it?? NO, but I am going to cross my fingers and toes and teeth if I can and hope we get close.

Do I think we will make it next season to the promise land? with the progression from this season and adding 2-3 players as cloughie has talked about then YES I do!!!

Sammon gives possession away a lot through his poor ball control, so dont really buy that argument. Theo is equally wasteful with the ball imo.

LOL on Sammon's killer pass against Forest, i could have made that pass. It was a good decision, not a killer pass.

Killer pass or good decision! Whatever you think, wel all no Theo would of wasted that chance and it would have cost us a point against forest.

Archived