Derby County v Burnley

Boycie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes, just somestimes my club sicken me, Burnley, 4 straight away defeats, play us and guess what......

I'm fed up of being the catalyst for a struggling team or striker to end a barren run.

That is all.

http://cursors3.totallyfreecursors.com/thumbnails/banghead

This is a big disppointment. I always think a team like Burnley are an acid test; they are the type of team we should beat at home if we are to get promotion.

We have lost at home to them at leat 3 years on the trot.

Most times we seem to get the lead and then end up losing to them, often due to a late goal. It also isnt new to us this year to let teams back into it.

From the match stats sounds like this is one we should have won. And so we should if we are to have any hope of promotion.

Hope we can bounce back from this result as we did last year with a win at Forest.

We'll finish midtable..

Pride Park is the ground to be at this season for goals...

Every season we focus or bring in new defenders, yet we still concede too many year on year.. I don't see this season being any different.. Our defence is worse than last season, so we need to score more goals to make up for it.. Sammon needs to take the chances that are coming his way, his conversion rate is quite poor and needs to improve

We'll finish midtable..

Pride Park is the ground to be at this season for goals...

Every season we focus or bring in new defenders, yet we still concede too many year on year.. I don't see this season being any different.. Our defence is worse than last season, so we need to score more goals to make up for it.. Sammon needs to take the chances that are coming his way, his conversion rate is quite poor and needs to improve

Wow for once I agree with Bris

Except I really dont know where we will finish. Could be midtable but I stil think we are better overall than last year when we finished 12th.

I mentioned many times last year that we got away with points that we didn't deserve.. I said at the start of the season that because of last years overachieving (no way were we a top half side last year) that the pressure will be on NC to improve our league position which would be difficult..

I'm looking at the bigger picture, I'd call it an improvement even if we finish lower down, on less points than last season, but if we start to dominate possession in games and performances are evidently better and were creating more chances, then it will be far more encouraging for the future.. Our 1-1 away to Wolves for me is far more encouraging than when we beat Watford, Hull and Pompey away last season when in reality in those games we played poor.

If we revert back to type and start playing the scrappy longball we did on many occasions then we'll literally go nowhere..

Edit: I agree in that I think we have a better squad than last season, performances need to reflect that though

Did not go, but if we missed chances again, thats what you get for buying a striker that hasn't, may, but doesn't, instead of one that has, and does.

I didn't go either. I decided to chance my arm for next week and it'll be my first game of the season. What worries me is that we've lost three games already this season and from what I understand, none of the teams had to play particularly well in getting the better of us.

We are going to lose games at this level, such are the fine margins. But I think it's all about achieving a balance. I think we are more than capable of taking a team apart on our day and creating plenty of chances but are we capable of holding firm and making ourselves difficult to beat?

Eight competitive games now without a clean sheet, surely that's a worry?

And yes, Smiffy, I agree. It does make me wonder what difference it'd make if we had a player the calibre of Charlie Austin in our side. A player who'll take his chances is often the difference maker.

I didn't go either. I decided to chance my arm for next week and it'll be my first game of the season. What worries me is that we've lost three games already this season and from what I understand, none of the teams had to play particularly well in getting the better of us.

We are going to lose games at this level, such are the fine margins. But I think it's all about achieving a balance. I think we are more than capable of taking a team apart on our day and creating plenty of chances but are we capable of holding firm and making ourselves difficult to beat?

Eight competitive games now without a clean sheet, surely that's a worry?

And yes, Smiffy, I agree. It does make me wonder what difference it'd make if we had a player the calibre of Charlie Austin in our side. A player who'll take his chances is often the difference maker.

Indeed. Look at when Uncle George was in charge. We had a pretty average team, however we had a manager who was pretty tactically astute and 3 stand out players in Rasiak, Huddlestone and Idiakez turned us into a top 6 side.

It only take one or two quality players to elevate you several places in this division.

don't want to see anyone slating clough today the man did nothing wrong it was the players on the pitch that didn't do the job to day burnley had about 3 real chances and scored 2 of them we had about 6 and scored 1 sammon was very disappointing today and the only good thing ward did was score. i really don't like burnley you can tell there a bogie team.

fielding-6 nothing to do. couldn't do much about the first should have come for their second

brayford-7 played well didn't do much wrong to be honest

buxton-6 got his head on everything much like brayford really

keogh-6 again looked good nothing to moan about really

roberts-6 see keogh

coutts-7 played well and drove the team forward

bryson-8 MOTM does what he does best

hendrick-5 poor for me forgot he was playing and wasnt getting stuck in

hughes-6 good passing and composure looked very tired towards the end and i think that affected him

ward-5 poor bad passing and decision making his mistakes lead to thier opener

sammon-5 didn't get his head on much and missed so many golden opportunities.

jacobs-6 didn't do much looked alright

theo-6 didn't have much to do

we need to be more clinical in our finishing if we want to to finish in the top half i believe we can get comfortably in the top half if we put our chances away otherwise we will struggle.

Indeed. Look at when Uncle George was in charge. We had a pretty average team, however we had a manager who was pretty tactically astute and 3 stand out players in Rasiak, Huddlestone and Idiakez turned us into a top 6 side.

It only take one or two quality players to elevate you several places in this division.

Exactly Ramarena. In both our previous play-off tilts, we showed that dynamism. We could cut through teams on our day but equally we were just as capable at gutting things out and getting results in tight games. For me, in both those cases, probably what made the greatest difference were the options in midfield. That's where we are lacking for me. We can have a real go at teams at times but can we cope under the same pressure?

Archived