Derby County v Burnley

Boycie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=4]Burnley have Michael Duff and last weekend's hat-trick hero Charlie Austin rated doubtful.

Duff has an Achilles problem and Austin has a bruised hip. Both will have late fitness tests.[/size]

[size=4]Derby County[/size]

[size=1][size=4]• The Rams are vying for their 500th home win in second-level league football, and their 200th league goal under Nigel Clough.[/size][/size]

[size=1][size=4]• They boast the highest proportion of goal attempts on target in the division; 39 of 59 (66%).[/size][/size]

[size=1][size=4]• Theo Robinson is one of nine different Derby goalscorers already in this Championship campaign, and needs one more to total 50 in his league career.[/size][/size]

[size=4][url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19615286]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19615286[/size]

Don't understand the 'glad we got rid of him because he looks poor for them' comments.. They sound like sour grapes.. Some players don't perform to the same high standards they set at other clubs, Shackell could be one of those where his best days were at Derby (although he still has plenty of time to improve as a player)

For example I bet Villa aren't thinking 'Oh I'm glad we got rid of Milner and Downing because they look rubbish for Liverpool and City'.. Fact is Villa were far better when they were playing for them than they are now..

Our defence has hardly been a rock since Shacks left.. 7 games without a cleansheet hardly smacks of a solid defence..

I'm quite excited for tomorrow, I don't have any classes in the morning so it will be my proper 'first game' this season.. Bring on the negativity

It's a 2 way street, yes Shacks knows us but we also know him and should know how to neutralise any threats he poses.

Derby are a totally different proposition from the team he left for greener grass.

One thing is amost guaranteed. It will be neither goalless nor boring, it will be tense and I don't expect there to be more than one goal difference between the teams. I'll opt for a 1-0 win to the Rams.

Derby County: Fielding (GK); Brayford, Keogh, Buxton, Roberts; Coutts, Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes; Ward, Sammon.

Subs: Legzdins (GK), O’Connor, Tyson, Robinson, Jacobs, Doyle, Gjokaj.

Burnley: Grant (GK); Trippier, Edgar, Shackell, Mee; Marney, Wallace, McCann, Stanislas; Austin, Paterson.

Subs: Jensen (GK), Stock, Bartley, Mills, Vokes, Stewart, Long.

TEAM NEWS

Derby boss Nigel Clough hopes to have Nathan Tyson available after the forward missed the win over Charlton with a throat infection.

Teenage striker Mason Bennett is also back in contention for a place after recovering from a thigh strain.

Burnley have Michael Duff and last weekend's hat-trick hero Charlie Austin rated doubtful.

Duff has an Achilles problem and Austin has a bruised hip. Both will have late fitness tests.

The mighty Tyson might return, how can he not score?

Now PLEASE can we open Matchday Chat. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Archived