Derby County v Burnley

Boycie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think crowds have been falling everywhere and perhaps it's taken us a while to fall in line with the trend. It's not a low point as such but I can understand why fans are staying away.

A steady decline yes, but ours seem to have tailed off quite drastically.

Fun ( 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />) fact - by the end of our next 5 games, we will have played all the 'B' teams (except for Bristol City) - Burnley, Brighton, Blackburn, Blackpool, Barnsley, Birmingham .

Coutts was nackered after 60 minutes. That isn't a matter of opinion. He was either extremely lazy or completely done-in.

seemed alright to me probably was tired then. How much of the ball did he get towards the end then can't remember if he didn't get a lot that's probably why I thought he was fine.

Its a typical Derby-County-under-Clough type season I think. We are going to bobble along in midtable picking some decent results and losing games we should win. We won't go down but we won't go up either. Frustrating today, when we clearly could have won the game with a bit of extra quality up front. Trouble is, I think the Rams fans are starting to vote with their feet a bit, judging by todays attendance, which was poor.

It was a better attendance than the last 2 home games dude?

Eddie Howe seems to think we were hard done by -

[size=4]

“It's probably the first time we've had an ugly win, it was certainly ugly from our perspective in terms of the second part of the second half we had our backs to the wall and were fighting for our lives.[/size][size=4]

“But we defended really well, which is something we haven’t done that well this season, and we popped up with a goal that was probably hard on Derby but we’ll certainly take it given the luck we’ve had in recent times.[/size][size=4]

“Charlie was in the right place at the right time, the first goal was a fantastic finish.[/size][size=4]

“He didn’t have many sights of goal but the two he did have he took really well.”[/size][size=4]

[url=http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/9944585.Burnley_boss_pleased_with__ugly_win_/?]http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/9944585.Burnley_boss_pleased_with__ugly_win_/?[/size]

seemed alright to me probably was tired then. How much of the ball did he get towards the end then can't remember if he didn't get a lot that's probably why I thought he was fine.

Well he got a fair bit of the ball. Gave it away a couple of times because he was too tired. He tricked his was past one player because of skill, not pace (which he should be given credit for). But with about 10 minutes to go there was a loose ball played to where he should have been positioned, but instead of run it down, he signalled for Brayford to run it down, even though Brayford was further away.

I don't want to take anything away from him, he looks excellent at times, and really adds alot to the team. But every game Ive seen this season (all except Wolves) he's been nackered after 60 minutes of so.

Well he got a fair bit of the ball. Gave it away a couple of times because he was too tired. He tricked his was past one player because of skill, not pace (which he should be given credit for). But with about 10 minutes to go there was a loose ball played to where he should have been positioned, but instead of run it down, he signalled for Brayford to run it down, even though Brayford was further away.

I don't want to take anything away from him, he looks excellent at times, and really adds alot to the team. But every game Ive seen this season (all except Wolves) he's been nackered after 60 minutes of so.

Were you on the radio after the game complaining about the price of crisps?

We played pretty well apart from 15 minutes in the first half. Sammon's all round game was good but he missed two chances. Ward and Bryson also missed sitters. They had 4 attempts at goal, scored two and hit the bar. Ward was at fault for the first goal, but

they had a large dollop of luck with it as well. We had more possession, passed the ball better, had more attempts at goals, got into better positions. If we keep playing like that we will finish in the top half.

Well done to all the lads boooing Doyle, begging for Theo and knocking Clough, that'll get em ready for Forest.

Divs!

Some good play today, a few chances that could have gone in, Sammon and Ward will click soon.... I just know it.

Most importantly, what's happened to the chippy on Midland Road? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Just got home, and I still haven't worked out how we didn't win.

The players, rather than the manager need to be accountable on days like today. We were set up to win the game and had so many chances to do so - you can prepare a team as muich as you like, but ultimately they have to take chances and we couldn't do that today.

Thought Ward had an absolute stinker, which will be disguised by the goal he scored.

Sammon should have scored his scuffed shot, but it was embarrasing that people were chanting Robinson's name as soon as that happened.

Was surprised that O'Connor didn't start. Was he not quite fit? Buxton didn't have a bad game but O'Connor will play the ball in to the midfield rather than just clearing it, I thought we missed him a bit today.

If we played that game again 10 times we'd win 9 of them.

Archived