Derby County v Burnley

Boycie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am crap with street names so I can't tell you where it is and thats why I didnt know which one yours was. Anyway I think mine is called frydays (clever name) next to a pub i think it's the Portland hotel. Sows some nice chips pies and mushy peas 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We played pretty well apart from 15 minutes in the first half. Sammon's all round game was good but he missed two chances. Ward and Bryson also missed sitters. They had 4 attempts at goal, scored two and hit the bar. Ward was at fault for the first goal, but

they had a large dollop of luck with it as well. We had more possession, passed the ball better, had more attempts at goals, got into better positions. If we keep playing like that we will finish in the top half.

Agree that there wasn't to much wrong today, however how long can the hard luck story go on?

We now have 8 points from 7, when sage given by cloughs own admission we have a better squad than last year, would u say that either the team, players or manager are under-performing?

Hopefully it won't come to it, but as someone who has yet to be convinced after 4 years of cloughs reign, I'm interested from the other side of the fence do to speak.

I love it how people claim how we deserved to win today because we created more chances, had more possession, more corners, more attacks etc.. But last season when we won games by luck and after being dominated in those areas we deserved the win because of our gritty style and defensive work..

Make your minds up.

Our home play seems to be pleasing but for us to finish in the top half we need to replicate that away from home and in 2 of the 3 away games we've had we barely created anything and didn't test the opposition goalkeeper enough to deserve a point let alone a win.

One last point, the comments about using Burnley as a yardstick for having a good season is inaccurate.. Reading last season started off poorly and lost comfortably at home to Barnsley and Watford aswell as drawing against us and Millwall.. When we made the playoffs with GB we lost 4 of the first 6 including home defeats to lowly Leicester and Crewe. The season has just begun, momentum plays such a pivotal role in the NPC and momentum is gained by good performances not lucky wins..

I didn't go either. I decided to chance my arm for next week and it'll be my first game of the season. What worries me is that we've lost three games already this season and from what I understand, none of the teams had to play particularly well in getting the better of us.

We are going to lose games at this level, such are the fine margins. But I think it's all about achieving a balance. I think we are more than capable of taking a team apart on our day and creating plenty of chances but are we capable of holding firm and making ourselves difficult to beat?

Eight competitive games now without a clean sheet, surely that's a worry?

And yes, Smiffy, I agree. It does make me wonder what difference it'd make if we had a player the calibre of Charlie Austin in our side. A player who'll take his chances is often the difference maker.

So you havent been to a game all season yet you post about how Bryson doesn't do this or that??

Ffs

My opinions on today for what they are worth:-

Created enough chances to win and deserved to lose for not taking them chances.

Frankie seems glued to his line and does not command his area in the way other keepers do

Roberts did not put in a good enough challenge for their winner

Hendrick is becoming completely uninfluential in games

Coutts was either unwell or unfit, either way he should have been taken off

Hughes appeared to be taken off for no particular reason

Sammon is a good target man but will not be a 20 goal a season player

Ward probably cost us the game through giving the ball away for their first goal and not taking his chance at 1-1

I'd agree that our defence is suspect but I don't think they are helped by the midfield in front of them. It's not got the right balance. I'll probably be saying it in 2015 but Bryson and Hendrick as a central midfield just don't cut it for me.

More gems from our absent expert.

I just think crowds have been falling everywhere and perhaps it's taken us a while to fall in line with the trend. It's not a low point as such but I can understand why fans are staying away.

I,m sure you can.

I know its been said,but it is a conundrum that in 4 or 5 games we have outplayed the opposition in general terms and not won… I don't know how because I'm no technical expert,but N.C. Needs to get more 'efficiency' out of either end of the pitch, then people can start talking about play offs etc, and maybe the gates will rise too, 21.3k today ain't great.

Were you on the radio after the game complaining about the price of crisps?

£1.30 for a bag of crisps.

Daylight robbery.

That'll be why those armchair fans are staying away....

Well I walked out wondering how we lost it. We had soo many chances - Sammon had the most. Bryson missed a sitter, but I think it was a good save from Grant.

I'm mad that we didn't win, but still feel that we've got more than we've had for a while. IYSWIM.

Archived