Derby County v Burnley

Boycie

Buxton was fantastic today for me, better of the two... Never lost a header and a lot of his balls out from the back found a white shirt.

can never understand why people can berate Buxton, especially today my MOTM!

I'd agree that our defence is suspect but I don't think they are helped by the midfield in front of them. It's not got the right balance. I'll probably be saying it in 2015 but Bryson and Hendrick as a central midfield just don't cut it for me.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree about the need to address areas.Defense needs sorting out.We are shaky at best and today proved that.Keogh is ok but buxton is out of his depth.

Indeed, four goals conceded in 2 home matches and no real area for improvement? So we have to score 3 to win at home. Our attacking play is the best its been for a considerable time and we were unlucky today not to score more but unless we keep clean sheets we're going to drop more points than we gain.

Impressed with Austin today for Burnley.

Still stand by what I said about not majorly addressing any area. We don't defend poorly for 90 minutes, we don't defend poorly for 45 minutes, it's little lapses of concentration that are costing us. We were so comfortable in the second half but we get bit in the arse once again at the death.

We just need to cut out silly mistakes, teams aren't working hard enough for the goals we give away.

I can't imagine Clough goes out and tells Jamie ward to not clear the ball when were jn our own area, not sure what we can do on the training ground with mistakes like these.

I mentioned many times last year that we got away with points that we didn't deserve.. I said at the start of the season that because of last years overachieving (no way were we a top half side last year) that the pressure will be on NC to improve our league position which would be difficult..

I'm looking at the bigger picture, I'd call it an improvement even if we finish lower down, on less points than last season, but if we start to dominate possession in games and performances are evidently better and were creating more chances, then it will be far more encouraging for the future.. Our 1-1 away to Wolves for me is far more encouraging than when we beat Watford, Hull and Pompey away last season when in reality in those games we played poor.

If we revert back to type and start playing the scrappy longball we did on many occasions then we'll literally go nowhere..

Edit: I agree in that I think we have a better squad than last season, performances need to reflect that though

Well I think we got points when we didnt deserve but also lost points we didnt deserve to , eg Barnsley at home Cardiff away etc.

We finished where we deserved to last year.

Trouble is, I think the Rams fans are starting to vote with their feet a bit, judging by todays attendance, which was poor.

They mentioned on the radio that the hierarchy would be worried about attendances this year. Realistically though, what more can the board do to raise numbers other than push for promotion?

It saddens me that we can only sell decent tickets numbers for the Forest game these days. I hate that some fans would be happy with 6 points over Forest above anything else, it's not their fault mind. Mediocre performances breed disillusioned fans.

Attendances are starting to get a little worrying at only 21k for a saturday, only 1,500 more than Charlton tuesday night.

Doesn't seem to tally with the general opinion that we are playing better football than last year?

21,000 is nothing to be sniffed at and still quite high in comparison to most teams at this level. There are several competitive Championship clubs posting sub 20,000 crowds let's not forget.

Without trying to use too many cliche's, today was a real smash and grab for Burnley, the second half looked like being a stalemate, even though we were throwing the kitchen sink at them, but, by hook or by crook, they got a last minute winner. I fear that has really knocked the stuffing out of us going into next week's six pointer versus notts forest.

Overall we played well, deserved a win, but that's football.

Sammon missed chances but he also created them with his power and pace running into the box. Burnley defenders will not have many harder games all season.

Apart from the previous 4 away games they lost on the bounce :-)

Eh??? Did they really? Cant describe what I think of people like that.

Yes, was a very small section, but heard them clearly with it being another ***** atmosphere, it was when he bought hughes off for Jacobs, who actually put in a couple of very dangerous balls in himself, and must be getting closer to a start with Hendricks poor form.

21,000 is nothing to be sniffed at and still quite high in comparison to most teams at this level. There are several competitive Championship clubs posting sub 20,000 crowds let's not forget.

Maybe not, but in my years at PPS (since it opened) I haven't seen crowds this consistently low. Is that to say we are at a low point in the club's recent history? I don't think so..

Maybe not, but in my years at PPS (since it opened) I haven't seen crowds this consistently low. Is that to say we are at a low point in the club's recent history? I don't think so..

I just think crowds have been falling everywhere and perhaps it's taken us a while to fall in line with the trend. It's not a low point as such but I can understand why fans are staying away.

Archived