Statistically...we're not far away

Ellafella

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

statistically i am only 6 numbers short of winning millions on the lottery.

No, I'm pretty sure any statistician will say you have a 1 in 13,983,816 chance of winning millions on the lottery. '6 numbers short' is a daft oversimplification with zero value. Much like the rest of the 'score more than the opposing team' drivel in your post. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ram1964 said:

So with referance to BC you are saying that becouse he was succesful several decades ago,if he was about now his attitudes ,views opinions would be worthless and not comparable 

Putting words in my mouth? Did I say it was worthless? I am saying it's not entirely comparable though. Every team in the country utilises the statistical data to see how their team are doing. You know those things they always wear in training that just look like sports bras? That's what that's for. Measures all sorts of minute details from distance run all the way down to heartrate. Occasionally we do get a manager who chooses to reject the stats but generally they don't get very far.

Most clubs, like us, have entire statistical departments to analyse and condense these stats into what we need to know, and pass them on to the manager. We're doing this at a fairly amateur level but that's true of anything we do as supporters.

This stuff just simply wasn't available half a century ago. Maybe you're right that BC would have rejected these ideas but he didn't get everything right did he? 

16 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

If only we played on a spreadsheet eh... The League table shows us where we are statistically... 

nice dots on the one you quoted, very pretty.

@i-Ramhad it nailed ...

11 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I found another statistic that indicates we are a long way from being successful...I call it, the league table...google it and check it out. 

Due to your interest in the league table I looked at the table for the last 6 games. We'd be 9th... 

I also looked at our last four games (since Pearson left) only Newcastle can boast more points than us in the last 4 games, 3/4 teams can boast the same amount of points but only Newcastle have more than us. 

I think that statistic is fairly important, do you agree or disagree? 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Due to your interest in the league table I looked at the table for the last 6 games. We'd be 9th...

I also looked at our last four games (since Pearson left) only Newcastle can boast more points than us in the last 4 games, 3/4 teams can boast the same amount of points but only Newcastle have more than us.

disagree but that's stats.. I could,probably find,a,period in time,when we were awful..

Just depends on what you are looking to prove.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Totally disagree... the league table is not just the last 4 games it is the season....

6 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

disagree but that's stats.. I could,probably find,a,period in time,when we were awful..

Just depends on what you are looking to prove.

You could but I was concentrating on the present.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Totally disagree... the league table is not just the last 4 games it is the season....

You're right it isn't but a lot of people put the blame for our awful beginning on Pearson so it would be wise to look at it since that factor was removed?

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

You could but I was concentrating on the present.

You're right it isn't but a lot of people put the blame for our awful beginning on Pearson so it would be wise to look at it since that factor was removed?

We aren't actually far away at all, 8 agree, we are a lot closer to relegation than even the stats show..!

Stick the statistics we lost end of. How many shots do the statistics say we had in the second half? 

My statistics say we are **** and I can't see it changing. Another statistic will show we are paying players more than they are worth. Negative equity if you ask me. Bring back the yanks and NC.

Archived