16/17 Captain Conundrum

Day

It's almost that time again where we disagree with the managers choice of captain as we argue the attributes of what it takes to be the Derby County captain.

Will Pearson stick with Keogh, should he, who is your favourite player captain? 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Keogh captain, Shackell vice. 

Keep it simple. 

Agreed with that and 3rd choice captain would be Carson or Martin. 

Chris Martin.

The guy is Magic. If we turned back the Clocks, flying backwards at the Speed of Sound, I would have avoided the Trouble of the captain-merrygoround and given it to Chrissy. Martin will take us on our Adventure of a Lifetime and deliver us to the Premier League Paradise. If you don't agree with me, then Fix You. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Chris Martin.

The guy is Magic. If we turned back the Clocks, flying backwards at the Speed of Sound, I would have avoided the Trouble of the captain-merrygoround and given it to Chrissy. Martin will take us on our Adventure of a Lifetime and deliver us to the Premier League Paradise. If you don't agree with me, then Fix You. 

Agree with earlier poster, not a fan of strikers (have to be too selfish) or keepers (too far from most of the action) being captain. Also, Martin is a bit too moody. 

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Chris Martin.

We have hit the Coldplay pun limit for this thread much earlier than expected.

Should be more than one leader on the pitch anyway. Doesn't really matter to me much who wears the extra fabric round their arm and gets a picture with the mascot in the centre circle. It's a largely symbolic role in football.

We need more leaders, full stop. We didn't adequately replace Eustace in that regard and we missed the influence of Hughes for almost the entire season. There is a relationship between age, experience and leadership, but that doesn't mean you only find leadership in older, experienced players.

It's time for a few existing players to step up. Too many need to be lead, and only one or two have been doing the leading.

Archived