Nervous or Optimistic?

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

It'll be interesting to see how the other play off goes. Wednesday will be really up for it having just made the play offs, whereas Brighton or boro will be absolutely gutted on missing automatic promotion. 

Having said that, it didn't seem to affect us against Brighton 2 years ago. This is where the manager earns his pennies. 

The difference is we didn't just miss out on automatic promotion on the last day of the season. We already knew we were in the play-offs and had plenty of time to prepare.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Promotion odds Sky Bet

Middlesbrough 1/6

Brighton 1/1

Hull 2/1

Derby 11/4

Sheffield Wednesday 7/2 

We are shortened from 3/1 to 11/4

Ridiculous odds on Boro, I think

I'd say 1/6 were pretty fair odds for Boro to get a draw at home, having lost there only twice and playing against a team that's drawn half their away games.

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Promotion odds Sky Bet

Middlesbrough 1/6

Ridiculous odds on Boro, I think

You'd pretty much be betting on Boro not to lose. Their home record is the best in the division. I can understand why they're the odds they are. Should they lose to Brighton then they'll still be favourites for the play-offs, but they won't be 1/6.

10 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Half fan ;)

He has my sympathy. I missed Newcastle away on March 22 1975 when Roger Davies netted a brace, and all I bagged was a Memsahib.

11 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

At first I was optimistic about these play offs , now we're actually there I'm that nervous I can barely let myself think about what if. ....

Which for you is the harder to bare  thinking about?? Is it allowing yourself to dream we win and spend the summer planning for the Premier League, getting linked with big name players, and then going toe-to-to with the big boys and aiming for Europe? Or where we lose and start all over again in the Championship and spend the summer  trying to hang onto players like Hughes while planning trips to Burton and Rotherham...

I find both equally difficult so don't think about it....much!

Nervous but then I didn't think we would beat them 4-0 or 2-0 either. If we 'turn up' we can beat anyone on the day.

All the headlines coming out of Hull are positive and confident such as 'Curtis Davies: This is Hull City's best hope of promotion', 'It's time to seize our second chance says Robert Snodgrass, 'Peter Swan: Hull City midfield holds key to Derby County win'.

From Derby we are getting 'Derby boss Darren Wassall: Hull are favourites for play-off semi-final ' and all of the pundits are against us, 'It will be a good side who beat Hull, says Neil Warnock'.

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'm quite optimistic about the Hull games - they have a good side but I think we have enough to take them over the two legs.  Sheff Weds worry me though - if we make it to Wembley I'd rather play Brighton than them; just think Weds are the most difficult team of the three to break down. That said, on top form we are more than a match for any of them, so really looking forward to tomorrow, can't wait to get up there - COYR!

Unfortunately I think it'll be a Hull v Sheff Wed final.

I think Brighton will bottle it again like they did with us in the playoffs and Wed are capable of beating anyone at the moment.

We have already beaten Hull twice, can't see us doing it again.

Hope I'm wrong, we need a positive result tomorrow to stand any chance.

COYR!!!

When we were going into the play offs in 2014 I thought we were unstoppable and would definitely get promoted.... we all know how that turned out  :cry:. This time I'm very nervous and have the feeling its not our year for some reason. I hope I'm very wrong!

7 minutes ago, Mills_DCFC said:

When we were going into the play offs in 2014 I thought we were unstoppable and would definitely get promoted.... we all know how that turned out  :cry:. This time I'm very nervous and have the feeling its not our year for some reason. I hope I'm very wrong!

I have to say I agree with this. However as I get older I have changed my out look on life.

Stay positive and roar on the Rams, get behind them and believe. All we can do is encourage and hope our voices become that 12th man and spur them on.

At the end of the day, what will be will be and the Rams will fight on another day.

From Saturday once all 6 teams were confirmed i was very optimistic. The week is taking its toll and the more i think about it the more i think that it is unlikely we can turn them over again.

But like others have been saying i should probably wait for the game to progress then breakdown :lol: .

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Which for you is the harder to bare  thinking about?? Is it allowing yourself to dream we win and spend the summer planning for the Premier League, getting linked with big name players, and then going toe-to-to with the big boys and aiming for Europe? Or where we lose and start all over again in the Championship and spend the summer  trying to hang onto players like Hughes while planning trips to Burton and Rotherham...

I find both equally difficult so don't think about it....much!

The whole scenario , I don't dare to dream we could be with the big boys but on the other hand an away day to Burton or Newcastle do seem quite appealing :blink:

I am not nervous at all but I am realistic we are playing a very good team and to beat them over two legs we need to turn up twice and do our very best if we do that we have a very good chance ( I also have comfort in knowing that the championship looks very tasty next season) 

I really think it's too close to call and depends which Derby turns up, and which Ull.

What I do know is I've been pretty relaxed up until now and thinking if we don't go up, we're obviously not quite ready and we'll go again next season.  But the closer it gets to kick off, the more I'm cacking myself.  Properly cacking myself. ?

Archived