Is clement up to the job

harwich ram

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typically misleading garbage. The previous 18months  MacClaren had done very well for us. On performance grounds there was no justification for sacking him after 16 games, especially given our injury problems which you conveniently forget. Clement will do very well to reach MacClarens win rate which was exceptional.

We've appointed someone who will say YES to the board cos that is preferable to experience

Woooooo, hang on.  Why do the board want a yes man?  Are you intimating the board believe they know more about managing a football team than qualified coaches/managers?  They know how to run a football CLUB, not a football TEAM, there's a huge difference in those two things.

As for Schteve's performance over the last three months of the season, our form was comparable to those teams that were relegated.  Couple that with the fact the board, team, fans and press all knew his head had been turned the Mike Ashley justifies his sacking...

Jim Smith started with a 0-0 against Port Vale

A week later we got beat at Reading and battered at Wolves.

we didn't win until the 5th game at Luton and still didn't get a run going until November, 

déjà vu I'm telling ya.

Could  be right but a man who couldn't drive that right way down a slip road called Igor Stimac helped that when he scored at Tranmere and we lost 5-1 .

Never looked back from that point  .

We have Shackell now so I have every confidence  Clement will turn it around with a few additions to the squad  

we didn't win until the 5th game at Luton and still didn't get a run going until November, 

déjà vu I'm telling ya.

1993-94 knocked out of the playoffs

1994-95 9th, outside the playoffs

1995-96 2nd place, auto ppromotion

2013-14 knocked out of the playoffs

2014-15 8th, outside the playoffs

2015-16 ???

I'd be very surprised if a first time manager, who was a gamble has been made the best paid manager in the league.

It's not a simplistic argument to say lack of promotion will mean he wont keep his job.

You misunderstand me I said it was a simplistic argument to say those teams whom spend the most therefore should be promoted 

As a new poster (this is my first, although I'm an avid reader) I enjoy reading the contrasting views. In some cases extreme views about players, manager, tactics, etc. Surely, that's what makes football what it is. We are all a little shell shocked after our summer spending, because we thought it would translate into an immediate run of results leading to the prem. 10 million on paper is enough to lever the club out of the division. However, other clubs are spending too, so the division has become much tighter. We must judge clement at Christmas, when he's had more time to work with the players and systems. To judge him after 2 games is ludicrous. 

déjà vu I'm telling ya.

Reminds me of when we signed Albentosa and hailed him as the new Stimac! Déjà vu!

Another one is this:

Watford 2012-13 3rd, loss in playoff final

2013-14, 13th, outside the playoffs

2014-15 2nd, promoted automatically

Derby 2013-14, 3rd, loss in playoff final

2014-15, 8th outside the playoffs

2015-16 ???

2015-16 24th, Clement sacked after 4 league games

So some would say.

Typically misleading garbage. The previous 18months  MacClaren had done very well for us. On performance grounds there was no justification for sacking him after 16 games, especially given our injury problems which you conveniently forget. Clement will do very well to reach MacClarens win rate which was exceptional.

We've appointed someone who will say YES to the board cos that is preferable to experience. 

It's not misleading. That is his record in his final 16 games with us. Which forms part of the reason he was sacked. PC should be given the opportunity by the naysayers to at least play 16 league games and compare with that record. Despite how some of us think we are capable of automatic promotion, the play off route is easily attainable. PC will only have to do slightly better than that form for the entire season to make the play offs. 

Honestly I don't quite know what your issue is. That I want to give PC a third of the season before people form opinions or that I highlighted SM record in the final third of last season. 

TobyWanKenobi

2015-16 ???

Well I'm convinced! Losing 2-1 to a league 2 side as it turns out was a great result! Promotion guaranteed!

Well I'm convinced! Losing 2-1 to a league 2 side as it turns out was a great result! Promotion guaranteed!

That's the spirit! 

Now do me a favour and look up 'support' in a dictionary and tell me where it mentions dampening the spirit of the players and staff of a football club?

TobyWanKenobi

That's the spirit! 

Now do me a favour and look up 'support' in a dictionary and tell me where it mentions dampening the spirit of the players and staff of a football club?

"Well done boys. You tried really hard. Good effort Granty, you'll catch it next time! Hard luck there Pearcey, you almost had him! Cracking passing Bairdy! Some of them nearly went to our team!"

Ecouragement! Whoop!

Archived