Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woops, just seen that miss..
Still keep forgetting the kid is only 23, he will learn from the players here!

Likes to get lots of shots in and clearly has the technique to be a top player in this division, might be 1-2 seasons before we see his real potential though. 

Woops, just seen that miss..

Still keep forgetting the kid is only 23, he will learn from the players here!

Likes to get lots of shots in and clearly has the technique to be a top player in this division, might be 1-2 seasons before we see his real potential though. 

I'm not picking on anyone in particular..

But how do you know that he has the technique to be a top player in this division from a youtube clip..

That one good goal he scored could have been the only thing he did in that game.. He could have been absolutely dross for the other 90mins..

I'm not saying whether he's any good or not.. I've never seen him play.. But I wouldn't be so naive to think someone is going to be good from a youtube clip..

I mean, remember Kazmierkcak? He scored about 10 long range belters on his youtube clip and everyone got excited on here.. I could make a youtube clip on Sammon's good play from last season and make him out to be a quality all round CF.. I'll just take a 15 second clip from each game he played (40 odd) and that will be around a 10min video..

Again, not picking on anyone.. But seriously, getting excited over a youtube video is amateurish

But how do you know that he has the technique to be a top player in this division from a youtube clip..

That one good goal he scored could have been the only thing he did in that game.. He could have been absolutely dross for the other 90mins..

I'm not saying whether he's any good or not.. I've never seen him play.. But I wouldn't be so naive to think someone is going to be good from a youtube clip..

I mean, remember Kazmierkcak? He scored about 10 long range belters on his youtube clip and everyone got excited on here.. I could make a youtube clip on Sammon's good play from last season and make him out to be a quality all round CF.. I'll just take a 15 second clip from each game he played (40 odd) and that will be around a 10min video..

Again, not picking on anyone.. But seriously, getting excited over a youtube video is amateurish

Or you could take it from someone who's actually watched several games in which he's played?

Or you could take it from someone who's actually watched several games in which he's played?

Has anyone actually seen him play a more than 5 games?

And I exclude Dundee Utd fans in this one.. Because they're obviously going to say he's good and they also have no idea of the standard required to play NPC football

And I exclude Dundee Utd fans in this one.. Because they're obviously going to say he's good and they also have no idea of the standard required to play NPC football

Yes, me.

I have Scottish grandparents, one supports Partick Thistle, the other supports Dundee United. If there's an SPL game on TV, I'll most likely be watching it with them, either on Sky or ESPN. I've probably seen him play 12-15 times over the space of 3 years.

Hmmm, maybe.

I take your point Bris, but those highlights put together in that Youtube clip wasn't all making him out to be quality.

4-5 yard miss, few 1 on 1's missed etc, but even then, still looks like with a bit of work with better players he could have the technique to be a good Championship player, some of the quality of goals he's scored is pretty decent. His shots seems to be well hit as well, which we're not used to with Sammon.

We will soon see, I get easily excited by the signings of "highly rated" players cause we don't seem to sign many of them (nowa days), but he does play in the SPL, and there's probably more flops from that league that's come over to England than players that's actually made it. 

Have you watched the clips?

We are amateurs. So are you! :p

Celtic fans were pretty pissed about missing out on him, they would have done - as would Nigel Clough who signed him after a year of courting him. 

Archived