Johnny Russell

Ramchope

You had your chance people, you blew it. Posts deleted which went o/t.

Now.

Jonny Russell.

What size shoe does he take?

Surely now he's signed this thread is completley redundant... Therefore why can't we just carry of winding up the Scottish dude?

Love winding up the Scottish... It's like nicking your kid-brother's toys and holding them just out of reach... You know you're going to give it back, and you do love the little tyke to bits, but it's funny to watch him whine... Up til the point where he hits you in the b***s...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, there is a topic to stick to, comments were off it, so they got deleted.

Rules are rules, there for everybody.

So I wonder when Russell's leaving then? Assume he must be since this thread's in the Transfer Talk section...

I tend to find it's a really good idea to pick fights with moderators by being a facetious little ****

Surely now he's signed this thread is completley redundant...

Yep, I could just lock the thread I s'pose - but other members might want to post something regarding him, so it'll stay open. For now, anyway.

So I wonder when Russell's leaving then? Assume he must be since this thread's in the Transfer Talk section...

I tend to find it's a really good idea to pick fights with moderators by being a facetious little ****

give itntil' January when he's on 15 goals and he'll go to QPR for 5m because their strikers will be cack.

Sorry, am I missing something? Do you actually believe the "NPC" is light years ahead of the SPL? From what I've seen of The Championship, a lot of the tactics are long ball, with the emphasis on massive defenders with barely any technique. Most SPL teams actually play the ball on the surface. St Mirren and Killie especiallly. Hearts finished tenth in the SPL yet drew with Liverpool at Anfield. Narrowly going out of the Europa league, in a  2-1 aggregate loss.Johhny Russell will hopefully be an asset to Derby, but to shoot him down before he has played a game, because "the world class Championship" might be a bit difficult for him is ludicrous.

Hi Biffy I think even Johnny Russell would say that the Championship is a step up from the SPL. Northampton Town beat Liverpool in the Cup 2 years ago so does that mean they would do Ok in the Championship?

I think Craig Bryson is a good player but plenty of players from the SPL have struggled at this level. We have had 3 players Porter, Maguire and Sammon who have struggled to make an impact. Plus Forest had Boyd who was rubbish. Basically its a gamble for English teams to buy players from the SPL. For every Charlie Adam there's a Chris Maguire. 

Hi Biffy I think even Johnny Russell would say that the Championship is a step up from the SPL. Northampton Town beat Liverpool in the Cup 2 years ago so does that mean they would do Ok in the Championship?

I think Craig Bryson is a good player but plenty of players from the SPL have struggled at this level. We have had 3 players Porter, Maguire and Sammon who have struggled to make an impact. Plus Forest had Boyd who was rubbish. Basically its a gamble for English teams to buy players from the SPL. For every Charlie Adam there's a Chris Maguire. 

Kris Boyd scored six goals in ten appearances. On what planet is that rubbish? Plenty of players have failed at this level. Correct, because that's what happens in football. Players fail, players are succesfull. Don Cowie,  Ross Wallace, Snodgrass, Dobbie, McCormack, Fletcher, Charlie Adam are the success stories, with plenty more. That's not bad I would say.

Hardly xenophobic to say that the SPL lacks real quality, because it does.The average defence in the SPL is pretty shocking.The NPC has it's fair share of teams that play attractively, Swansea are one of the most famous recent examples. And if you watch some of the previous play off finals from the NPC (excluding the most recent ones) it's usually two good teams playing some good stuff.

Don't pretend that Celtic outplayed Barca at Celtic park, absolutely fluked a win. To say that 'the English champions were out with games to spare while Celtic were in the next round' isn't really a great argument. Man City were dealt two of the best teams in the competition, as well as a formidable Ajax team, while other than Barca, Celtic had an easy group. 

To say that the NPC plays a lot of hoofball is equally as "xenophobic" as saying that the SPL is a step up from the championship. The Scottish take the piss out of the English, the English take the piss out of the Scottish.

You had your chance people, you blew it. Posts deleted which went o/t.

Now.

Jonny Russell.

What size shoe does he take?

You're on a one woman mission to make this thread stay under 200 pages aren't you?

Hardly xenophobic to say that the SPL lacks real quality, because it does.The average defence in the SPL is pretty shocking.The NPC has it's fair share of teams that play attractively, Swansea are one of the most famous recent examples. And if you watch some of the previous play off finals from the NPC (excluding the most recent ones) it's usually two good teams playing some good stuff.

Don't pretend that Celtic outplayed Barca at Celtic park, absolutely fluked a win. To say that 'the English champions were out with games to spare while Celtic were in the next round' isn't really a great argument. Man City were dealt two of the best teams in the competition, as well as a formidable Ajax team, while other than Barca, Celtic had an easy group. 

To say that the NPC plays a lot of hoofball is equally as "xenophobic" as saying that the SPL is a step up from the championship. The Scottish take the piss out of the English, the English take the piss out of the Scottish.

Celtic fluked a win? Celtic had an easy group? I'm assuming you've never watched football before?

You're on a one woman mission to make this thread stay under 200 pages aren't you?

Hehehe

After we establish his shoe size, we're going to have an in-depth discussion on what collar size he is.

Celtic fluked a win? Celtic had an easy group? I'm assuming you've never watched football before?

Barca had well over 60% possession, but while Celtic defended valiantly, 9/10 times Barca would have won.

I think Benfica and Spartak in comparison to Real (semi-finalists, easily one of the best teams in the world), Dortmund (runners up) and Ajax (arguably the best team in Holland) are far easier. 

Barca had well over 60% possession, but while Celtic defended valiantly, 9/10 times Barca would have won.

I think Benfica and Spartak in comparison to Real (semi-finalists, easily one of the best teams in the world), Dortmund (runners up) and Ajax (arguably the best team in Holland) are far easier. 

Ajax are ***** these days, Dutch football is down the pan.

Benfica did reach the Uefa cup final n all. Celtic aren't a bad side. 

I thought all ladies took the view that size doesn't matter. :ph34r:

That depends on what your measuring.....

Next up, it's the inside leg

Heeheehee

I'm not picking on anyone in particular..

But how do you know that he has the technique to be a top player in this division from a youtube clip..

That one good goal he scored could have been the only thing he did in that game.. He could have been absolutely dross for the other 90mins..

I'm not saying whether he's any good or not.. I've never seen him play.. But I wouldn't be so naive to think someone is going to be good from a youtube clip..

I mean, remember Kazmierkcak? He scored about 10 long range belters on his youtube clip and everyone got excited on here.. I could make a youtube clip on Sammon's good play from last season and make him out to be a quality all round CF.. I'll just take a 15 second clip from each game he played (40 odd) and that will be around a 10min video..

Again, not picking on anyone.. But seriously, getting excited over a youtube video is amateurish

JR is no Messi or Ronaldo but the guy has great ability and will shine in the Championship. He has a great left foot, a decent right foot, takes players on, great link up play & can spot a pass.That game he scored the cracker, he worked his socks off, like he does every game. Even when JR doesn`t score he can still be your best player on the park & if he gets good service he will make things happen.

If up front is where Derby are lacking, then i believe u just got your man. Sammon had 1 lucky season in Scotland but tbh i dont rate him & i wouldn`t mention him in the same breathe as Russel imo.

Archived