Nathan Tyson

L_J_DCFC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uninteresting intentionally ambigious post on dcfcfans.co.uk today.

It said the following:

Parallel to that, a friend of a friend found himself in the same holiday resort as Nathan Tyson a few weeks ago. Assuring us Nathan is ‘sound’, our man also assured us Tyson will be at Derby next season as its highly unlikely anyone will match or better his rams contract. This stacks up with another contact of ours (cant reveal but close enough to know) recently confirming the long held view that Tyson is the highest earner at the club.

What this means is, despite our well publicised wage caps and austerity measures, we still pay more than your average championship bear. Thus, moving on the, not so, magnificent seven may not be as easy as you think. Indeed we understand this is currently Sam Rush’s main focus

I'm not sure I totally agree though... whilst I'm sure Tyson is earning a fair sum of money, I would have thought it's more a case that clubs out there won't pay that much for a player who's barely featured for 2 years... If he's on say £12k a week, there aren't that many clubs in the championship which would pay that much to a player who's not good enough to make our starting line-up...

What's silly is that he was actually pretty effective coming off the bench – his pace and experience were a handful for teams who were hanging on against us at 80 minutes.

He clearly wanted first team football and wasn't happy on the bench so off he went on loan. The fact that didn't pan out for him is not OUR fault!

I'd be happy if he swallowed his pride and said "you know what, I'll take my high wages and do my best for you in the coming season even if that means playing 10 minutes every other game"

I wouldn't be gutted at all if he stuck around - I'm not paying his wages, doubt him leaving will mean we will go out and sign anyone new because of it.

If he sticks around and plays next season, then fair play to him - he has better players infront of him so now the only way he will play is if he knuckles down, tries hard and hits form! 

I'm with GreenRam and Ambitious on this one.

He should take a leaf out of the Ben Davies book of "how to get yourself back in favour".

Get his head down, keep him mouth shut, stop acting like a playboy superstar and show some humility, and he may even salvage a once-promising career, which involved sadly, only a few years at Wycombe(?), then I can't find any record of him playing professional football before signing for the Mighty Rams, so all in all. He's not achieved anything. When he gets to 50 years old, he won't be able to tell any honest stories about career achievements, cos he hasn't got any!

I'm with GreenRam and Ambitious on this one.

He should take a leaf out of the Ben Davies book of "how to get yourself back in favour".

Get his head down, keep him mouth shut, stop acting like a playboy superstar and show some humility, and he may even salvage a once-promising career, which involved sadly, only a few years at Wycombe(?), then I can't find any record of him playing professional football before signing for the Mighty Rams, so all in all. He's not achieved anything. When he gets to 50 years old, he won't be able to tell any honest stories about career achievements, cos he hasn't got any!

Oh, and if that fails, score against Leeds at home.

Used to I try not as much anymore, but saw him bent over and thought F**K it, it's nathan tyson...

He still owes me a signed shirt for driving around for half hour finding the blokes car around the one way system somewhere.

Would you like me to sort it for you?

Archived