Nathan Tyson

L_J_DCFC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Sam Rush had said we didn't need to sell any one and did not need to save more money on the wage bill ?.

The usual 1+1=3 scenario.

Maybe keith loring will explain the balance sheet to sam

'Wall fan giving his tuppence worth.

Re the share of Nathan's wages we'll be paying. It'll be no more than about £5k per week.

Wasn't overly enamoured by the signing at first, mainly due to him not being in any great form. That said, Kenny Jackett is without doubt the best manager outside the Premier League to get the best out of flagging players. He instills a confidence in them that other managers don't seem able to do.

Take Liam Trotter, James Henry, Andy Keogh, Darius Henderson and Mark Beevers for starters. All were deemed surplus to requirements (other than maybe Henderson, who Sheff Utd needed to get off their wage bill) and KJ has turned them into Championship regulars. Some of whom are now attracting interest from Premier League clubs.

Hopefully he'll do the same with Tyson, who has always caused us problems and looked lively when playing against us.

We need a quick striker to play off of Henderson so he kind of fits the bill.

Hopefully a new start and new surroundings will help him. We create plenty of chances but lacked the killer instinct until we signed Wood on loan.

Pace is usually enough to scare the life out of defenders so with a bit of Kenny magic he may well find his shooting boots.

Here's hoping.

Yeah KJ is a quality manager, no disrespect to millwall but on paper your team is not playoff standard, I hope that isn't insulting. I don't think ours is either though but he has got your team right up there after staying in the league for so long. As for Tyson changing I can't see it mate he is either gonna be good or bad, I dont think he will be able to change his Tekkers now at 30 and he is so raw a bit like James McLean you get tight to him and he looks poor but give him space and he will 100% hurt you.

id have rather kept tyson than theo to be honest.... he's more versatile... can play on the wing.... where he's better i think. he's strong and can jump... he's not that bad in the air.. and he scored a couple.. decent impact sub. theos treading water. if his goals dry up abit... i dont think the lovers will have that much patience with him.

Yeah KJ is a quality manager, no disrespect to millwall but on paper your team is not playoff standard, I hope that isn't insulting. I don't think ours is either though but he has got your team right up there after staying in the league for so long. As for Tyson changing I can't see it mate he is either gonna be good or bad, I dont think he will be able to change his Tekkers now at 30 and he is so raw a bit like James McLean you get tight to him and he looks poor but give him space and he will 100% hurt you.

Not insulting at all, no. Know exactly what you mean but therein probably lies the reason why we're doing better than people expected. Jackett never signs egos or players that think too highly of themselves. Mainly because we can't afford to sign those players due to budget constraints, the chance of them ruining the team spirit he builds and because Jackett would rather find a hidden gem that has talent but has failed to realise their potential at their current club.

Our team works hard for each other and that is a strong foundation for any team to have. Would rather a team of grafters than fancy-Dans.

Our back four is as good as any in the league (and that's not me being biased). Danny Shittu is a match for anyone (although he turns slower than the QE2), Beevers always had massive potential but got stale at Sheff Weds. Our full backs are Lowry (signed from Villa and is now on the radar of a few Prem teams) and Adam Smith (young loanee from Spurs that has been a revelation).

Not insulting at all, no. Know exactly what you mean but therein probably lies the reason why we're doing better than people expected. Jackett never signs egos or players that think too highly of themselves. Mainly because we can't afford to sign those players due to budget constraints, the chance of them ruining the team spirit he builds and because Jackett would rather find a hidden gem that has talent but has failed to realise their potential at their current club.

Our team works hard for each other and that is a strong foundation for any team to have. Would rather a team of grafters than fancy-Dans.

Our back four is as good as any in the league (and that's not me being biased). Danny Shittu is a match for anyone (although he turns slower than the QE2), Beevers always had massive potential but got stale at Sheff Weds. Our full backs are Lowry (signed from Villa and is now on the radar of a few Prem teams) and Adam Smith (young loanee from Spurs that has been a revelation).

You seem to be similar to us.

Yeah i cant see why Beevers was so poor at Sheffield Wednesday. Good player and another KJ has done well with.

We are very similar:

Two clubs who have the longest serving managers in the league.

Both cant afford high waged big time charlies

Great bargain buys that mould to become good players

Both teams just need that killer edge to make it to the playoffs (i thought you had it with Chris Wood, devastated he went to Leicester, its a joke how they just bought out the bids you had accepted, you might need to clarify me on that one but i thought that was the case)

I dont 100% know about you but we are steadily losing fans.

The only difference i can think of is that KJ as you say buys players that are not that good at their last club, and he works his magic. We on the other hand have a massive emphasis on the academy, bet you remember HUghes' goal against you earlier in the season. And as well as the academy we buy young players that have done well in lower leagues and then make them better.

We have enough strikers true.

What we don't have is a goal scorer.

It's ok to have 5 or six strikers but surely you need to have a natural goal scorer in the mix somewhere ?

Time for Jamie Ward to have a word with his mate Billy cough cough Sharp....

Just going back to this comment.

It's nice to have 1 player grabbing the headlines, but if you take Burnley for instance (all figures are league goals only):

Charlie Austin has scored 20 goals already, all by himself. Burnley as a team have scored 41.

Theo Robinson is our top scorer with 8.

How many goals have we scored as a team this season? Yep, 41!

Just going back to this comment.

It's nice to have 1 player grabbing the headlines, but if you take Burnley for instance (all figures are league goals only):

Charlie Austin has scored 20 goals already, all by himself. Burnley as a team have scored 41.

Theo Robinson is our top scorer with 8.

How many goals have we scored as a team this season? Yep, 41!

I agree with this, but if we were to have had someone who was linking up with sammon and consistantly scoring, our goal tally would be much higher. Instead we have had to constantly rotate our front two partnership due to inconsistant performances. Hopefully with Ward coming back he can build that partnership with sammon and help provide those goals we need to push on up tthe league.

Archived