Nathan Tyson

L_J_DCFC

On what planet would you get £500k + for someone who hasn't really played for two years, has a poor injury record and has never convinced anyone even when fit?

Haha you wind up merchant. £500k?! :lol:

Welcome to Planet Mostyn, where you can see things that others can't.

to say he 'hasn't played' is misleading. He hasn't been selected. That's a different matter. He probably played as many games in 2011/12 as Connor Sammon did for Wigan.

Yes, Planet Mostyn, where I can see a player's ability! It's odd don't you think? The manager of the team at the TOP OF THIS LEAGUE  can see what we see on Planet Mostyn. I'm pretty sure that Tyson was also our 'Marque(e) Signing' a couple of years back too.

When players in this league are going for millions, I do not see why saying Tyson is worth £500k is so absurd.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd never get £500k for a player the wrong side of 30 who has barely played for two years. Not a chance. Just getting him off the wage bill would be enough.

I'd imagine if we've let him go on a free, that would allow Blackpool to meet his wage demands, so we wouldn't have to stump up any more or pay him off.

I would argue that perhaps he should've played more, in that last 20-30 minutes of a game, it's called the 'shop window'.

to say he 'hasn't played' is misleading. He hasn't been selected. That's a different matter. He probably played as many games in 2011/12 as Connor Sammon did for Wigan.

Yes, Planet Mostyn, where I can see a player's ability! It's odd don't you think? The manager of the team at the TOP OF THIS LEAGUE  can see what we see on Planet Mostyn. I'm pretty sure that Tyson was also our 'Marque(e) Signing' a couple of years back too.

When players in this league are going for millions, I do not see why saying Tyson is worth £500k is so absurd.

You have seen Tyson' ability? I must not have been at that game.

Oh come on, you do make plenty of good points but that's a really substandard one after 5 games and you know it!

Simply that using the league position after 5 games to judge the validity of the opinions of a manager to pove your point is a very simple and flawed argument, and generally one I consider below you!

It was a backhanded compliment.

I don't know what to expect of Blackpool, or Ince - it's been a rocky few years for him and he's certainly garnered far, far more criticism than praise since leaving MK Dons in his first spell there in 2008, I certainly wouldn't use his opinion to validate one of my own.

Anyone got any form of evidence to show Nathan Tyson was one of the highest earners at the club..?

I often rifle through his dustbins and have one of his payslips.  

Alternatively, we outbid his current club, who have a bigger wage budget than us.

Ha ha, almost the best one yet. Whether he hasn't been selected, or been injured, or stood on his head by the side of the dugout, means the same thing - he hasn't played. Therefore he isn't going to be worth a great deal, what with his age and injury record being taken into account. If we got £500k for him I'd have rated that at some of the best business Derby have done for a while. No, actually I'd rate that as a miracle. 

He may have played as many league games as Sammon in 2011/12 but the difference is that Sammon had a very good season before, and was at a Premiership club, so his value is going to be higher.

Biggest let down signing in NC's time here so far.  There is no shifting this one away from the mistake list.

I really had high hopes for him coming in and showing the world that everyone else was wrong and that young Clough had spotted something in him that was just waiting to be unleashed.

Unfortunately for Nathan, for us and for NC who made him his number one signing at the time, it became a very long wait.

Too much in wages for too little contribution, I actually wish we'd cut our losses on him earlier. I'm not one for slating players who don't deserve to be slated but I am delighted and relieved he's gone.

As for Nathan himself, seemingly a really nice lad and I hope he stays fit and gets himself some games and maybe even a goal or two. I hope his new club struggle badly and he gets 15 goals for his own well being.

Archived