Nathan Tyson

L_J_DCFC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe we've shipped him out on a permanent :o I thought that, if we did manage to offload him, it would only be a loan.

Now I hope NIgel has an epiphany tonight and realises that we do actually need a CB. Then, with the wages we've freed up today, grabs one in the loan window.

With 50% of O'Connor's wages freed up, and now Tyson's hopefully we have a few extra £££ to be used on 1 or 2 loan singings that we need for 3 or 4 months.

Or will at least cover some of the over-heads at the club for a couple of months.

Eustace can play centre back. 

Really do feel for the bloke because he is such a nice guy and came here with the best intentions. He had an injury which put him out for a few months at the start and that meant he could not settle in but I thought he should of been picked more last season because he hit a purple patch. Things just did not go his way.

Hope he does well for Blackpool.

Is Nathan Tyson now going to be a great player who was never given a chance. Or of course "the manager fell out with him" Or "he was always played out of position.  :)

he was never given a chance when fit, in my opinion. But sometimes signings just don't work out, and Tyson's will be one. Could prove to be inspired signing for Blackpool, his motivation to cling to a career will be massive.

is that genuine?

At any other club, he'd have been a £500k + signing, but we give him away!

Watch him bang the goals in now. Never really got a chance when fit, but that said, was rarely fit. All in all, a poor signing.

On what planet would you get £500k + for someone who hasn't really played for two years, has a poor injury record and has never convinced anyone even when fit?

On what planet would you get £500k + for someone who hasn't really played for two years, has a poor injury record and has never convinced anyone even when fit?

Welcome to Planet Mostyn, where you can see things that others can't.

Tyson had a good attitude and is a team player but his injuries always get in the way (particularly for the wages he is paid) - one of our best deals this summer!

I don't think you could be more wrong! If he was a "team player" with a good attitude, he'd have been happy to do his bit coming off the bench. Let's not forget that his best spell in a Derby shirt was doing just that.

But he made it clear that if he came off the bench and scored goals then he thought that meant he should start the next game – failing to see the bigger picture that he was more dangerous coming on fresh at 70 minutes against a tiring defence (hence the goals) – and therefore that's where his value to the "team" lay.

Fair enough if he wasn't happy with that, he asked to go out on loan. How well did he do at Milwall?

I can't see Blackpool seeing his place in the team any different to how Clough did (last-ditch bench-weapon) so who knows what will happen to him

is that genuine?

At any other club, he'd have been a £500k + signing, but we give him away!

Watch him bang the goals in now. Never really got a chance when fit, but that said, was rarely fit. All in all, a poor signing.

You'd never get £500k for a player the wrong side of 30 who has barely played for two years. Not a chance. Just getting him off the wage bill would be enough.

I'd imagine if we've let him go on a free, that would allow Blackpool to meet his wage demands, so we wouldn't have to stump up any more or pay him off.

Archived