Nathan Tyson

L_J_DCFC

The most annoying thing is that he's left in the way I thought he would when we signed and performed exactly as I expected. No idea what Clough saw in him - either he was aiming for what we got and he really thinks that's good enough, or he just didn't perform. Think it probably is the latter but I also don't think he was ever going to be good enough.

A definite mistake from Clough, really wasn't a fan of him and surprised we went there after the flag incident, even if it probably was a misunderstanding.

Obviously other people who understand the game far better than I do have a higher opinion of him as Ince has also taken a punt. I hope to be proved wrong - although we always go on about how much they earn, they're not professional footballers for very long in the grand scheme of things and I wouldn't wish a wasted career on someone like him who hasn't really done much wrong himself.

But so far, you've got to say, he hasn't really done much and he hadn't before he'd arrived.

Hope we never sign another Tyson-type player again. But we will. It might not be Clough but we certainly will.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'd been sitting on his arse injured for best part of a year. Unavailable to us, a lot of times we could have done with him. Nigel put a lot of faith in him and showed a lot of support while he was out injured.

Then when he finally gets fit he gets a little run in the team and a couple of goals and starts looking really sharp. Nige puts him on the bench, we could argue that it's harsh on Nathan and maybe even Theo to have been dropped at points last year.

For gods sake man, don't then go and ask for a loan move cos you're not first choice, how about hanging around and paying us back a bit for that season when you weren't fit at all?

I might not be the cleverest bloke in the world but I am clever enough to know that that kind of attitude is not going to put him top on NC's Christmas card list.

I like Nathan Tyson but I think he ended his own Derby career by not showing enough loyalty to stick around and do the hard yards.

I wouldn't have picked him in a million years if he did that to me as a manager.

Did that apply to Theo as well

Based on what I read, Theo asked to go out on loan as well.

Theos situation was a bit different to Nathans, he was fit, he had scored goals last season and he was used to starting games, he wanted to start games. He hadn't been taking a wage for doing bugger all, I don't mean that to sounds as harsh as it does on Nathan but he'd been unfit since he joined us, he owed us a bit more than to want to bugger off.

I can understand Theo requesting to go out, especially as it looked as if the manager had lost trust in him. Nathan should have kept his head down and waited for his chance.

He made Nigels decision easy for him by giving up and looking to start elsewhere, it's not what I'd have done if I were him.

Based on what I read, Theo asked to go out on loan as well.

Theos situation was a bit different to Nathans, he was fit, he had scored goals last season and he was used to starting games, he wanted to start games. He hadn't been taking a wage for doing bugger all, I don't mean that to sounds as harsh as it does on Nathan but he'd been unfit since he joined us, he owed us a bit more than to want to bugger off.

I can understand Theo requesting to go out, especially as it looked as if the manager had lost trust in him. Nathan should have kept his head down and waited for his chance.

He made Nigels decision easy for him by giving up and looking to start elsewhere, it's not what I'd have done if I were him.

I would assume a discussion took place between player and manager, where they were told they didnt figure in their long term plans. If NC wanted them he would have refused the request.

why is it always the players fault?

I would assume a discussion took place between player and manager, where they were told they didnt figure in their long term plans. If NC wanted them he would have refused the request.

why is it always the players fault?

I don't think it always is the player's fault. it's not always the manager's fault either. Sometimes, it's nobody's fault. Things happen to change circumstances.

NC got it wrong with this signing and he'll know that. We're trying to make progress. It's slow. Personally, a front two of Tyson and Robinson doesn't excite me too much. It was OK two seasons ago though. Just didn't work as far as I can see.

Archived