Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

who's going to pay 800k for a player in the end of his contract... i cant see that

I'm just going off what the BBC reported but hopefully not true. Hopefully it's him as Watford and brum could be selling mariappa and Curtis Davies to the prem and there's already a few teams after a CB think we need to ask fast and get one secure especially if forest start throwing money about they need 2 CBs

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We couldn't get Mellor why would Keogh come to us if Cardiff and Leeds are in for him. Just another DCFC wind up. Shackell should not have been sold. Cheapskates.

Mellor hasn't said no yet! It's just Crewe trying to convince their fans that he's staying.

Cardiff have been after him for a while but haven't managed to do the deal - maybe he doesn't want to go to them.

Has he got a family - maybe wants to stay local and Derby is local to Coventry.

I'm just going off what the BBC reported but hopefully not true. Hopefully it's him as Watford and brum could be selling mariappa and Curtis Davies to the prem and there's already a few teams after a CB think we need to ask fast and get one secure especially if forest start throwing money about they need 2 CBs

They need about 4 in fairness... past 2 season they lost Morgan, Wilson, Lynch and Chambers all for nothing without replacing them, besides the point....

Bizarre by the DET to report such a story especially when there is teams with much more financial power, although this summer I'm starting to get the feeling financial power is a myth Leicester are selling before they spend, Cardiff have had a kit change and badge change then promised 100s of millions of investment, to then find 1 month before the season starts they've had the same amount of investment as peterborough!!

No doubt we're in for him, as are a lot of other teams but in all honesty would be surprised if we got him. As someone else said, it comes down to money at the end of the day, and wages are clearly going to be lower that of Cardiff and perhaps Leeds

If we are competing with Leeds and Cardiff for Keogh, then I'd be very surprised if he ends up here.

The Malaysians at Cardiff continue to throw money at it - they've just spent millions on a South Korean international - and Leeds are in the midst of a reportedly lucrative takeover, so I think they'd both be in a better position to meet Coventry's asking price and meet the player's wage demands which will no doubt heighten if there are numerous clubs interested.

The club have probably made the Telegraph aware of our interest in the player to give themselves some breathing space.

It reminds me of when our interest in Gary Hooper was made public all those years ago.

If it looks like we are bidding for a player who is highly sought-after and thus it might take a while to conclude the deal, the fans will respond more positively to our efforts in the transfer market and the fuss about 'we still haven't replaced player X' quietens down for a while.

If I'm honest, I wouldn't want this Keogh here, he's not left footed, 6ft2, and was a right back for a long period of time.

Would rather get that freebie from Dundee United. (Gary Kenneth)

Buxton and Keogh at the back? Meh, not for me. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Imagine Buxton and Kenneth though.. HOOOOOOOOOOOF.

I'd like Keogh, one thing he's got on others weve been linked with is that he's proven to be a good player at this level.

I'm guilty of rumour mongering here so if it needs to come off I'm fine with it.

The Fourth Official fella on twitter who doesnt get too much wrong - seemed to think we would be signing keogh as the replacement, he posted as soon as the shackell deal was picking up pace but before Shacks had signed for them.

I'm hoping it's one of those where he's verbally agreed to come to us and we're just keeping it schtum until it's done and dusted.

Oh my god, I'm convincing myself based on twitter......

We were never going to struggle to offload Shackell so why the fook we didn't just wait until we'd got a replacement signed before letting him go I'll never know.

Instead we're left d1cking around hoping that we manage to convince someone to join before the season gets underway. I don't have a problem with either Bucko or OB, but they both benefit from playing next to an experienced centre half, which they're not going to be doing if they're playing next to each other.

We don't have a chance of this one, he will go for about half a million and probably ten grand a week.

I don't think our scouting system has any real plan at all.

what a little ray of sunshine you are

We don't have a chance of this one, he will go for about half a million and probably ten grand a week.

I don't think our scouting system has any real plan at all.

is anyone else slightly disappointed that at the last fans forum the club admitted they werent scouting abroad at all anymore.

Claiming, the foriegn players we had dont always settle.

Now I can understand it with Bueno or spanish or italians.... but not bothering with scandanavia or eastern europe means we are always going to be paying over the odds in this country. I noticed Sheff Wed signed an international striker earlier today.

is anyone else slightly disappointed that at the last fans forum the club admitted they werent scouting abroad at all anymore.

Claiming, the foriegn players we had dont always settle.

Now I can understand it with Bueno or spanish or italians.... but not bothering with scandanavia or eastern europe means we are always going to be paying over the odds in this country. I noticed Sheff Wed signed an international striker earlier today.

Agree totally with your post here particularly in relation to Scandinavia etc

The only takeover talk about Leeds that I saw was the fridge magnates eh ended up going for a cheaper option - unless I missed something.

Cardiff tabled a bid - reportedly, but that was ages ago and no joy.

Seriously, fridge magnates, that is brilliant! I'm not taking the piss, but are they really guys who made a lot of money from selling fridges or am I missing something...?

Archived