Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

[size=3]

CARDIFF CITY’S attempts to capture Coventry defender Richard Keogh face an increased threat after the Sky Blues accepted an £800,000 offer from Derby County last night. -

[/size]

[url=http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/07/18/91466-31414976/?]http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/07/18/91466-31414976/?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, I shall reserve judgement- I don't believe that we would spend that much and even if we did I very much doubt that we would offer enough in wages.

Besides, we have such a strong attack (ahem) we shouldn't worry about defence.....

He will more than likely get a wage rise, SISU aren't a big spending company but if Cardiff step in then we could be in trouble.

I will say, IF he signs then the sale of Shackell was a good one, if not... then we'll see who we bring in.

He will more than likely get a wage rise, SISU aren't a big spending company but if Cardiff step in then we could be in trouble.

I will say, IF he signs then the sale of Shackell was a good one, if not... then we'll see who we bring in.

I haven't seen much support for this signing (if it did happen), is he a worthy replacement for Shackell? Personally I didn't rate Jason that highly but I don't know much about Keogh. If we did sign him for 800k plus do you think that the people who accused the board/ owners of cashing in would retract the sentiment? Surely for that kind of money and wages plus the signing/wages/compensation for Jacobs and Coutts (and maybe Caton) together would total more than the money for Shacks? I shan't hold my breath though

Sounds like a decent player and younger than Shacks. If we do sign him it will be the first 'proper' signing of the season for me and will go some way to making amends for the ridiculous sale of our best defender. As long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot and offer him mickey mouse money to come here. Come on Derby, make it happen!

Watching NC on ramsplayer yesterday. He said the club was aconvinced about two or three players being the ones we needed and that we would continue to work on those.

We will only bring in someone who is better than what we've got and if we can't get the one we are convinced about we'll be fine with what we've got now.

He also delayed naming the "vice captain" - Barks will stay as club captain but we need someone on the pitch, His comment was it depends who comes in in the next few weeks.

Step forward Richard Keogh. Future captain of DCFC and leader of our men boys.

Come for the right reasons Rich, come to lead us to the premier league.

Archived