Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

Seriously, fridge magnates, that is brilliant! I'm not taking the piss, but are they really guys who made a lot of money from selling fridges or am I missing something...?

Air Conditioning/Fridges... in the right business for the middle east really.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke to a Cov mate today and he says he will be relly pissed if Keogh leaves but it looks inevitable- they have just got a million from newcastle for a junior professional so they aren't too worried about cash but I am sure that other clubs will offer a much better deal to him than we will

I think he would be a good replacement but you've got to ask why take the risk on him by selling shackell and replacing him at almost the same price.

I get the feeling we were banking on Lynch coming and now were running roun like headless chickens trying to find a centre back. I'd like to thing they were more organised than that but I'm not sure.

is anyone else slightly disappointed that at the last fans forum the club admitted they werent scouting abroad at all anymore.

Claiming, the foriegn players we had dont always settle.

Now I can understand it with Bueno or spanish or italians.... but not bothering with scandanavia or eastern europe means we are always going to be paying over the odds in this country. I noticed Sheff Wed signed an international striker earlier today.

How much does it cost to maintain a foreign scouting network?

When's the last time we got a player from aboard who was worth the money?

Now I can understand it with Bueno or spanish or italians.... but not bothering with scandanavia or eastern europe means we are always going to be paying over the odds in this country?

What Brannigan actually said was that it's no longer cheaper to sign foreign players as their wage demands are much higher now. They used to earn low wages in Europe but 20 years of player movement between countries has changed all that.

The Championship is also a very physical league and very few overseas leagues are comparable - even a talent like Taraabt got kicked off the pitch every other week

What Brannigan actually said was that it's no longer cheaper to sign foreign players as their wage demands are much higher now. They used to earn low wages in Europe but 20 years of player movement between countries has changed all that.

The Championship is also a very physical league and very few overseas leagues are comparable - even a talent like Taraabt got kicked off the pitch every other week

yeah but id have Taraabt in my team 2moro.

It's nice to have a foreign player every now and again and get his name on the back of your shirt, but other than that, I couldn't care less where they come from as long as they score.

Actually, no. I do care. I actually prefer having local players who have grown up in the area playing for Derby County.

I prefer hearing an interview with a Derby player with an East Midlands accent. It feels more like it's Derby's team.

Why send scouts out to foreign fields when it's clear for years now we have been missing out on talent right on our doorstep. Since we've turned our attention to home we've picked up players like Bennett and Hughes playing just down the road.

Signing replacements before you've sold?

Well I never, gosh how clever?

Yeah but they got cash from a previous sale apparently and all we had was a free bus ride and complimentary tea and biscuits when the new guy arrived 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Makes sense really know if keogh does sign cause isn't he about 5-6 years younger than schacks so at least hes got time on his side

Archived