Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a lot of animosity towards us when talking about this transfer from all sides. We're trying to do the things the right way, bringing on young players and that is regurgitated out to other teams as we have money troubles. It makes no sense, if there is anything this board has done it has made us financial viable and a lot more secure than a lot of other clubs in this division.

I think if Keogh was coming in to play alongside Shackell instead of replacing him, I'd be a lot more enthused about this signing.

Of course that isn't the case. I'm sorry but a back four of Brayford, Keogh, Buxton and Roberts looks anything but formidable.

I can only hope I'm proved wrong and they gel to form a tight defensive unit and the backbone of a successful team but I must admit I have my doubts.

I just fear we will go backwards this season and I haven't seen any movement in the transfer market from the club yet to make me think otherwise.

Honestly Jourdan, I think most of us would rather have Shackell and another player alongside him, but at the end of the day that was never a realistic option and the club have opted for selling him to bring other players in. So how about this, rather than bringing up Shackell again you just move on and think: "Hey, this guy seems good, we might get a younger player who might even be better than Shackell, and have money left over for other transfers, exactly as Clough and Glick had said when they discussed possibly selling him!" Wouldn't that be much nicer...

Also, Keogh is a good defender from what I've seen, and so are O'Brien and Buxton for that matter. The only issue is that we'd rather not be relying on having O'Brien and Buxton together as first choice, and we probably one or two new defenders to help them due to their previous injury concerns and relative inexperience (O'Brien especially).

Ultimately, it seems that what forced this on the club was the loss of Barker, but at the end of the day we've decided to go down this road and we may as well just accept it rather than worrying about "going backwards".

This could be what Cloughie meant on the radio when he said it was becoming harder to compete in some deals and all they can do is put their best offer on table in terms of fee and wages a d show then what else we can offer then see if it outweighs the more money on offer elsewhere

We will play him at CB

Excellent facilities

Excellent fans

We have met the asking price (the structure of the deal may suit Coventry better than Cardiffs)

This could be what Cloughie meant on the radio when he said it was becoming harder to compete in some deals and all they can do is put their best offer on table in terms of fee and wages a d show then what else we can offer then see if it outweighs the more money on offer elsewhere

We will play him at CB

Excellent facilities

Excellent fans

We have met the asking price (the structure of the deal may suit Coventry better than Cardiffs)

Also, he's been playing in Coventry for a few years, he's settled and a move to Wales would completely unsettle him. But a move to Derby just down the road.....

Archived