Paul Coutts

matty1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah the fa changed the rules and now we have financial fair play, so gone are the times of £1million signings unril some kind of takeover, the club is being run to a sensible, efficent business plan with very few risk elements, its to secure the future of the club

I understand that the club look after the finances so we dont end up like Pompey etc.. But we're not talkin about spunkin 3.5 mil or even 2 mil, we lack that special player which your not gettin for 150K from League 1. If Clough signs a proven goal scorer with the Shacks cash then fair enough, but judgin by his last few signings it wont happen.

I'm not saying Coutts will be special but give him a chance before you write him off.

Mick McCarthy got a roasting for signing some unknown winger from Grays Athletic (I think) and he's been one of Wolves best players in the last 4 years. Give the lad a chance.

Why should the transfer fee matter to us? I honestly think some fans would be happier if we paid £1m for a player when we could of got him for 150k

This is exactly the point. Supporting a club has somehow gravitated in some minds to how much is spent.

Some fans only seem to want big name signings, or to see the clubs name all over Sky Sports News and the papers. I suppose its a sign of the times, instant gratification, i want it and i want it now generation.

Ah well, he'll probably pass by Uttox on his way from Preston so I'll hang a banner on the A50 with booooooooooo on it.

Well I dont like that Westley at all from what ive seen of him. Its not always the player has a major attitude problem, sometimes people dont get on at all and cant put it to one side even at work. It happens.

Reading between the lines a little- this guy seems loyal to D.Ferguson (god knows why the ugly pr*ck) and followed him from club to club. Then he suddenly finds himself being bossed around by Westley (another pr*ck ima) and he took exception to it.

I am not saying he is right or that it is acceptable for a professional to behave like that but maybe it was just a clash of personalities. Hopefully, having chosen to work for Nige, it will be different at Derby.

For 150k it is certainly worth a gamble on the lad. Apparently quite a few Preston fans thinks he has an awful attitude so some aren't fussed, however many regard him as a good player. Like any signing we shall have to wait and see how he performs before we judge him.

Some fans only seem to want big name signings, or to see the clubs name all over Sky Sports News and the papers. I suppose its a sign of the times, instant gratification, i want it and i want it now generation.

Ah well, he'll probably pass by Uttox on his way from Preston so I'll hang a banner on the A50 with booooooooooo on it.

well considerin as we were rated "The worst premier league team in history" the last time in the prem, i dont think spendin on unproven players is guna help us get anywhere near where we need to be to correct it.

Archived