Paul Coutts

matty1

Quote taken from todays Mirror:

Derby boss Nigel Clough has made a 150k bid for Preston's midfield outcast Paul Coutts. The Scot, 23, has been frozen out by boss Graham Westley in a Deepdale revolution.

Obviously anything printed in the Mirror is, by default likely to be complete BS. However it's certainly a rumour to get the pulses racing.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to point out that Jamie Ward was a Sheff Utd outcast...And he worked out pretty well if you ask me...

Also, assuming this is to replace Bailey as midfield cover? It's always been obvious that the reason he's selling Bailey is because Bailey wants to be first choice (entirely fair) but won't be... So it's only fair to sell him to somewhere he will be...

He has rejected moves to Peterborough and Hull this summer according to reports, highly rated player but face doesn't fit at PNE.

As I keep saying, neigh on moronic to judge a player on his past. Good or Bad, its what he does in a derby shirt that matters, seems to have ability though

Couple of articles two weeks ago saying Bruce was set to sign him for Hull for around 400k. Phil Brown was saying he is well capable of going on to play in the Prem. Brum were also meant to be tracking him. Posh wanted him back earlier this year but couldent afford what Preston were after. Said to be a midfield enforcer centre mid. who can also play on the left or right.

The Mirror was pretty confident Bale was going to Barca (lol) and Moses was going to Chelsea for £18m.

Last year it was Taraabt to Liverpool and Clough to Forest.

It's about as reliable as I am for finishing what I star...

Just what we need, another League One level player to add to our squad of worldbeaters.

And yet some people ask why Clough hasn't signed people like Lambert from that Division. Of course, they only go on about players who made it in higher Divisions but we can't have it all ways.

[url=http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-City-target-Paul-Coutts-class-Premier-League/story-16455369-detail/story.html]http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html

only 23, was stripped of the captaincy by the new manager and don't think he approved!

he 23-year-old is high on Steve Bruce’s summer hit list at the Tigers, with a fee of around £400,000 believed to be the asking price.

And Brown, who managed at the League One side for 11 months before his dismissal in December, believes he could be a bargain.

“Paul is a cracking player and at the moment he’s playing in a level that’s beneath him,” he told the Mail.

“The Championship is certainly not beyond him and I think he could go even further.

“He plays in central midfield but can also go right or left as well and he would bring bags of energy to any side.

“It’s a no-brainer for me and he would be a great acquisition for Hull City.”

A former Scotland under-21 international, Coutts has earned a reputation as a no-nonsense enforcer because of on-field disciplinary problems in the past.

But Brown can’t envisage any problem with him fitting into Bruce’s future plans at the KC Stadium.

“The disciplinary aspect is no problem at all,” he added.

“He’s a lad who had a point to prove after he came down from Scotland and I saw no problem in the way he played the game.

“He’s got that confidence and belief that you need and I’m sure Steve Bruce would get the best out of him in the Championship.

“The lad has a great career ahead of him and I was very impressed with him when I was at Preston. I think Paul has all the attributes of a Premier League player of the future.”

[url=http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-City-target-Paul-Coutts-class-Premier-League/story-16455369-detail/story.html]http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html

only 23, was stripped of the captaincy by the new manager and don't think he approved!

he 23-year-old is high on Steve Bruce’s summer hit list at the Tigers, with a fee of around £400,000 believed to be the asking price.

And Brown, who managed at the League One side for 11 months before his dismissal in December, believes he could be a bargain.

“Paul is a cracking player and at the moment he’s playing in a level that’s beneath him,” he told the Mail.

“The Championship is certainly not beyond him and I think he could go even further.

“He plays in central midfield but can also go right or left as well and he would bring bags of energy to any side.

“It’s a no-brainer for me and he would be a great acquisition for Hull City.”

A former Scotland under-21 international, Coutts has earned a reputation as a no-nonsense enforcer because of on-field disciplinary problems in the past.

But Brown can’t envisage any problem with him fitting into Bruce’s future plans at the KC Stadium.

“The disciplinary aspect is no problem at all,” he added.

“He’s a lad who had a point to prove after he came down from Scotland and I saw no problem in the way he played the game.

“He’s got that confidence and belief that you need and I’m sure Steve Bruce would get the best out of him in the Championship.

“The lad has a great career ahead of him and I was very impressed with him when I was at Preston. I think Paul has all the attributes of a Premier League player of the future.”

£400,000 asking price? Thread closed.

I work in preston & quite a few of the lads are PNE fans they all agree that he is probably the best player they have got but he's a trouble maker & has an attitude problem basically a fan of going into town & playing charlie big balls which got him into a few fights ect thats why westley has frozen him out. Peterborough put a bid in recently & had it accepted but it didn't go through coz he couldn't agree personal terms.

Archived