Paul Coutts

matty1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excellent signing? A player who isn't even wanted at a League One club that finished 16th last season. Apart from Peterborough no one else even showed a flicker of interest. Doesn't that tell you something?

[size=3]

Clough said: "We are delighted to secure the services of Paul and bring him to Pride Park, as he is someone who has been on our radar for some time.

[/size]

[size=3]

"He is only 23, so he is still young, but he knows the division well from his time at both Peterborough and Preston - where he has always done well against us - and we're all really looking forward to working with him.

[/size]

[size=3]

"He's got the potential to improve, but he is already more than capable of performing at Championship level and we believe he will be a very good addition to the squad."

[/size]

'The sooner we get rid of the obnoxious, lily-livered, argumentative, insubordinate, disrespectful, selfish, sweaty little ****, the better.'

[url=http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?73995-Coutts-to-Derby.-(Unconfirmed]http://www.pne-onlin...y.-(Unconfirmed)

I particularly like:

[poster one]

are you saying the 3/4 managers he has played under here are not the right managers? btw how do rate Nigel Clough the Derby manager - the reason I ask is that he has done nothing at Derby but he is getting his own players in gradually and the fans are behind him

[poster two]

I'm saying the manager currently here is not the right manager.

Nigel Clough? -I'd drive to Derby and bring him here at no expense given the chance. Put it in simple terms........How many PNE fans do you think would like to do a swap deal -Westley for Clough. And how many Derby supporters do you think would like to swap Clough for Westley?

Answer those two little teasers and you'll see exactly where we're at.

An excellent signing? A player who isn't even wanted at a League One club that finished 16th last season. Apart from Peterborough no one else even showed a flicker of interest. Doesn't that tell you something?

That some fans will never be happy?

We're not going to sign messi, so Coutts wil have to do. He was far better than PNE anyway, he has a lot of potential and I think will add something to this team. He hasn't even played yet, so whilst I'm optimistic and know he won't save the world, I think we all need to reserve judgement on him until we know what he does...

Jayram, don't you think it would be a good idea to give the lad a chance? He's not kicked a ball yet.

Good luck to him - he seems to be highly rated by some and if his leadership qualities come out, all the better for us.

Another addition to Cloughie's squad that will hopefully get better over a season on two. Happy with him coming here, hate to say this but we've been missing a character. Although I like Bailey, he must think Coutts is better because we're not really in a position to throw £150K.

Also if true, I like how Nigel offered him the chance to come here and play football for less wages and he took it.

Jayram, don't you think it would be a good idea to give the lad a chance? He's not kicked a ball yet.

Good luck to him - he seems to be highly rated by some and if his leadership qualities come out, all the better for us.

What a ridiculous suggestion, go sit in the corner

Another addition to Cloughie's squad that will hopefully get better over a season on two. Happy with him coming here, hate to say this but we've been missing a character. Although I like Bailey, he must think Coutts is better because we're not really in a position to throw £150K.

Also if true, I like how Nigel offered him the chance to come here and play football for less wages and he took it.

Security of a three year deal, swung it.

mixed reactions from pne fans.. hope we can bring the best out of him, time will tell.

\

How do you do it Jay. 318 posts and ALL of them having a dig. How do you keep going as fan when you hate everything about the club as much as you do?

I'm really pleased that we've started the weekend by signing a player who has played at this level already. It's 150k for a lad who has played 100 league games a player who has captained his team and a player who will have a point to prove after being bombed out by his old manager by text message.

There is not a negative point to this signing yet somehow us derby fans can still find something.

Happy with this overall, especially if we can sell Bailey for a reasonable fee. It makes sense bringing in a versatile player who can improve, something i doubt Bailey will do. Clough wants a hungry, young versatile team and he fits the brief perfectly. Looking forward to seeing him play 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's Jamie Ward 2.

Decent player, questionable attitude, current manager doesn't want him, given the chance to prove himself at Derby, possibly with the promise of an increased wage if he applies himself. Jamie Ward worked out well, Paul Coutts can too.

It's Jamie Ward 2.

Decent player, questionable attitude, current manager doesn't want him, given the chance to prove himself at Derby, possibly with the promise of an increased wage if he applies himself. Jamie Ward worked out well, Paul Coutts can too.

Get it right Trekkie - It's Jamie Ward 10 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Happy with this. We knew Bailey was more than likely going to be replaced so at £150,000 for someone that will probably bring more to us as a team than Bails, happy days.

Just a striker, centre back and left back to go.

How do you know that nobody else was interested?!

Hull and Birmingham reported as being interested...doesn't that tell you something?

Archived