Paul Coutts

matty1

I've got a feeling you might be around for as long as Paul is WW. First of all welcome. Secondly don't over worry about the views on here, the players tend to get judged and written off before they've joined. Bris likes his football but likes his alternative views more than anyone else.

I cant see how anyone can come to the conclusion that Coutts is less creative than Bailey. Bris have you got access to Preston's version of ramsplayer as well, otherwise I cant see how you can possibly have seen enough of this fella to judge him.

If you have access to Ramsplayer then you have access to any player in the UK.. The username and password works for all.. I actually have Ramsplayer free, but I'll see if it works for the coming season.. If it does, I'll give you a PM mate as I know it can be difficult for those living abroad

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people posting videos of players? I don't understand this, no-one is going to upload a youtube video of a player and show his natural game.. They're clearly going to show the best parts of a player..

Any player can look worldclass on Youtube..

Comments like 'his skill at 4.10 on the video shows what he's capable of' is ridiclous.. I know, let;s show a video of Mark Hudson scoring from the halfwayline as an example to buy him. 'Look he scored from the halfwayline that means his longpassing and shooting ability is top notch'

Those 2 clips show him beating more men than Bailey has in 2 seasons. Yet he is negative. BV = BS.

bailey is a holding player, a person who sweeps across on loose balls then passes it on. in my two seasons of watching him hes been in the box like twice(not an official stat) and im sure one of the reasons that clough deems him surplus is that he plays a very simple role and offers very little more. also the fact that he bares no attacking threat were as hendrick, bryson and this coutts fella do and they can all play that same picking up on the loose balls, it might be different if bailey could tackle but he can't.

Because Barker, Davies and Brayford are all average NPC players whilst Vaz Te Drinkwater and Butterfield are all clearly much better

We'd have finished a lot higher if we'd have had those 3 fully fit all season. Isn't that what you are saying about Barnsley?

I'll give you Vaz Te btw. Barks and Brays are as good as you'll get in this division tho. IMO.

If you have access to Ramsplayer then you have access to any player in the UK.. The username and password works for all.. I actually have Ramsplayer free, but I'll see if it works for the coming season.. If it does, I'll give you a PM mate as I know it can be difficult for those living abroad

I've got ramsplayer, cheers for the offer though Bris.

I watch every second of every game, even the ones I see live, it takes upo a hell of a lot of my time. So much that I haven't got time to watch PNE AND US. Are you saying you've watched Preston games from last season?

I think ramsplayer is free in the close/pre season.

I've got a feeling you might be around for as long as Paul is WW. First of all welcome. Secondly don't over worry about the views on here, the players tend to get judged and written off before they've joined. Bris likes his football but likes his alternative views more than anyone else.

I cant see how anyone can come to the conclusion that Coutts is less creative than Bailey. Bris have you got access to Preston's version of ramsplayer as well, otherwise I cant see how you can possibly have seen enough of this fella to judge him.

So far I've only read positive things about his passing and his ability to find players if they're in space. If he can do that for us, we'll love him, if he can spot an overlap and play a quick one two as well, then we'll love him even more.

Do the doubts around his work rate have any substance at all? NC has some pretty simple rules and Paul will need to work his balls off every week to stay in the side.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do and I'm looking forward to maybe geting a bit of insight on the lad from someone who might know more than us.

PBW, thanks for the welcome. I've followed PC's career since he played for my local highland league team. He doesn't have an attitude problem and just likes to pay football. He's got good skills and vision and he can really make things happen if you have a couple of other decent players around him. Note, that even with all the nonsense coming out of Preston from Westley and some of the idiots on their forums, he hasn't said a word to the press or twitter, facebook etc. It's just not his thing. Clough has probably promised him football on the deck and he has reportedly taken a drop in wages to move to a club that's going to be playing the right way. Hopefully Clough is a man of his word and we will all see some good football from PC and Derby in the coming seasons.

All the best

WW

coutts odviously wanted to come here as he took a hit in wages ( which is kinda bad that we can't/won't match the wages of a team that finished in the bottom half on league one)

he wants to play proper football and thats what clough is trying to get derby doing, so to everyone out there saying hes not good enough, can we give him a chance?

PBW, thanks for the welcome. I've followed PC's career since he played for my local highland league team. He doesn't have an attitude problem and just likes to pay football. He's got good skills and vision and he can really make things happen if you have a couple of other decent players around him. Note, that even with all the nonsense coming out of Preston from Westley and some of the idiots on their forums, he hasn't said a word to the press or twitter, facebook etc. It's just not his thing. Clough has probably promised him football on the deck and he has reportedly taken a drop in wages to move to a club that's going to be playing the right way. Hopefully Clough is a man of his word and we will all see some good football from PC and Derby in the coming seasons.

All the best

WW

Do you know him well enough to know the speed that the deal went through WW? Have we been tracking him or was it a case of when the text went out letting him go (a total disgrace by the way) we moved straight away?

It didn't seem like he was one of our original targets, especially after we signed Jacobs to play left or right. I'd guess now PC is coming in to play right side and to cover the centre?

That's another reason why I'm looking forward to getting him in, he's seemingly a lot better than 150k suggests and I'm viewing him as a bonus signing, one of those where the price was too good to turn down the chance to sign him.

Anyway whatever happens hope we all enjoy seeing him in a rams shirt.

Hi all, PNE fan in peace...Just came on here out of curiosity to see what you all made of the signing. Pretty predictable responses, and not surprised most have never heard of him, I'd never heard of him before we signed him either, although I could say the same about the likes of David Nugent & Ricardo Fuller too!

From someone who has seen the majority of PC's appearances in a PNE shirt, I reckon I'm qualified to give you an insight into the type of player you are getting.

He is without doubt one of our most talented, naturally gifted players (whoopee-****! I hear you cry!) but we were a decent Championship outfit until very recently! The ONLY reason we are getting rid of our better players such as him & Hume, is the sizeable wages he is on. Hence he is able to afford a pay-cut to sign for you guys! Paying astronomical wages for dead-legs like Darren Carter, Darell Russell & Neil Mellor, has got us where we are. Westley is getting rid of ALL players at PNE that he didn't sign, and replacing them with lower league work-horses who will pplay for peanuts! How this pans out we shall wait and see! But as you can see the manager's desire to get rid should have no bearing on Coutts's attitude. Surely all the players Westley inherited cannot be bad apples!? So take no notice of that, as "William Wallace" said, he has never publically said a bad word against the club or Westley even, to my knowledge.

About the player - on his day a really exciting player, who can go past players for fun, on the downside he doesn't look up enough and doesn't always pass when he should. How much this is to do with playing in a poor side such as ours is debatable, maybe he thought trying to beat everybody by himself was the best option!?

However, for all his flair and ability, we very rarely, at least last season (IN DIV 3!), saw much end product - 2 goals, 2 assists in total in 40+ games. Again a lot of this you could probably put down to our woeful finishing/strikers (excluding the often injured Hume & Mellor).

He's a bundle of energy who never stops running, but offers almost nothing in a defensive capacity.

I have very mixed feelings about him leaving, sad to see him go, as he's one of the few players at PNE to get you off your seat, but as I said we need more end product from our attacking players. Can understand why he's gone, one of the high earners, and he clearly doesn't like the "Westley way", not on his own there! But for 150K I think you've robbed us! Think we turned down 500K from Posh in january, so looks a a bargain to me. We're panicking at the moment trying to move on the old guard to make room for some more Westley disciples, so 150K doesn't reflect the lad's ability at all.

Could be a great signing for you if he learns to get his head up, and not really much of a gamble at that price. I'm fairly confident he work out at better value for money than Claude Davis!!

Will look out for his progress with interest, and really hope he does well for you.

Good luck for the season. (Yes honestly)

Peace and out!

A Coutts fan (sort of!)

He's a bundle of energy who never stops running, but offers almost nothing in a defensive capacity.

This is probably one of the main reasons he's been signed, another hard worker in midfield is a classic Clough signing. wether he'll live up to the standard Bryso's played at, I'm not sure. What I'm sure of, is that he'll bring something new to the team.

not sure if i missed the puns yet.... but im banking on him being a hit..

Yeh, tried to sneak that one in before but Boycie sussed me. Mind you, if we get Hendrick,Sammon, Bryson, and Coutts playing together we may be playing with a bank of four across the middle!

Archived