Paul Coutts

matty1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id say hes a goid signing and the plan for him is to cover for both cm and rm, so all in all a good signing, if we can get in a cb (kenneth) a forward (sammon) and a lb (hills or white) be very happy with squad

What was I wrong about? I seem to remember praising Barnsley who then lost 4 of it's best players in a month.. Four players who are all PL quality.. Of course they were going to dip.. Take four PL players out of any NPC team and they'll struggle..

Christ we've only potentially lost one in Shacks and already our team looks a hell of a lot weaker..

But we've signed a guy who is gong to struggle to get into a weak midfield as it is and people are over the moon about it.. Bleddy hell, talk about dropping standards

I've not read one comment that could be taken as "people are over the moon" about signing Coutts.

What was I wrong about? I seem to remember praising Barnsley who then lost 4 of it's best players in a month.. Four players who are all PL quality.. Of course they were going to dip.. Take four PL players out of any NPC team and they'll struggle..

Christ we've only potentially lost one in Shacks and already our team looks a hell of a lot weaker..

But we've signed a guy who is gong to struggle to get into a weak midfield as it is and people are over the moon about it.. Bleddy hell, talk about dropping standards

Why was Barnsley losing a few players any worse than Derby losing Shaun Barker, John Brayford and Steve Davies for huge chunks of the season?

He is def. a trouble maker. I am not sure at all. He is only 23, so he is still young tough.

The way I see it is everybody's got a past - but right here, right now, is a new start for him. Let's wait & see what he's like before we throw him to the wolves?

Have some positivity people!

Why was Barnsley losing a few players any worse than Derby losing Shaun Barker, John Brayford and Steve Davies for huge chunks of the season?

Because Barker, Davies and Brayford are all average NPC players whilst Vaz Te Drinkwater and Butterfield are all clearly much better

Why are people posting videos of players? I don't understand this, no-one is going to upload a youtube video of a player and show his natural game.. They're clearly going to show the best parts of a player..

Any player can look worldclass on Youtube..

Comments like 'his skill at 4.10 on the video shows what he's capable of' is ridiclous.. I know, let;s show a video of Mark Hudson scoring from the halfwayline as an example to buy him. 'Look he scored from the halfwayline that means his longpassing and shooting ability is top notch'

I've never seen Bailey so can't compare but you are wrong if you think Coutts can't pass, make or find space. Here's a clip of him in action for PNE. He's the the number 8 and there's a great example of his ability about 4 minutes 30 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UwkAui3MLI

I've got a feeling you might be around for as long as Paul is WW. First of all welcome. Secondly don't over worry about the views on here, the players tend to get judged and written off before they've joined. Bris likes his football but likes his alternative views more than anyone else.

I cant see how anyone can come to the conclusion that Coutts is less creative than Bailey. Bris have you got access to Preston's version of ramsplayer as well, otherwise I cant see how you can possibly have seen enough of this fella to judge him.

So far I've only read positive things about his passing and his ability to find players if they're in space. If he can do that for us, we'll love him, if he can spot an overlap and play a quick one two as well, then we'll love him even more.

Do the doubts around his work rate have any substance at all? NC has some pretty simple rules and Paul will need to work his balls off every week to stay in the side.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do and I'm looking forward to maybe geting a bit of insight on the lad from someone who might know more than us.

Archived