Paul Coutts

matty1

Don't know much about him but heard some good snippets here n there so fingers crossed.

Not sure why so many posters debating n trying to score points over the undisclosed fee rather than debating his ability but it seems to be a coomon theme with derby now that we have all come more obsessed with the finances than the football.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't even call this a gamble YR. He doesn't seem brilliant but certainly above average and capable of performing at this level. As long as he keeps his head down and works hard he will be useful for us.

I would call it a gamble because many preston fans have said while he can beat a man he doesn't set many up, he doesn't score many goals and has a major attitude problem. The attitude could be serious because of he way Clough handles these types of players.

"The attitude could be serious because of he way Clough handles these types of players. "

what like the way he handled ward? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I am not saying he cannot handle players who are a bit uppity like wars but look at how Maguire turned out. We both have examples and I was suggesting that Clough can get it wrong with players who are highly strung, not that he definitely will.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/rammy65/DCFC%20fans%20stuff/406064_10151096905400797_719964790_n

Cloughie looks a bit mucky...

Coutts reminds me of someone - it'll come to me.

Me too, I considered Alex Reid & Matt Damon, but not convinced he looks anything like either when I put them side by side.

Edit: Milner?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/11/21/1227301628392/James-Milner-001

Same shaped face as Milner - I thought of Robbie Rotten (of Lazytown fame) but I don't know if that's who i'm thinkin of...maybe a few glasses of wine later might help me.

Some fans only seem to want big name signings, or to see the clubs name all over Sky Sports News and the papers. I suppose its a sign of the times, instant gratification, i want it and i want it now generation.

Ah well, he'll probably pass by Uttox on his way from Preston so I'll hang a banner on the A50 with booooooooooo on it.

Add an extra "o" to that from me. Can't believe he wants paying to play here too....in fact, add 2!!

Reading between the lines a little- this guy seems loyal to D.Ferguson (god knows why the ugly pr*ck) and followed him from club to club. Then he suddenly finds himself being bossed around by Westley (another pr*ck ima) and he took exception to it.

I am not saying he is right or that it is acceptable for a professional to behave like that but maybe it was just a clash of personalities. Hopefully, having chosen to work for Nige, it will be different at Derby.

Ferguson liked how Coutts wanted the ball to feet and tried to create things and thought he could get Preston going. Unfortunately, once Mellor and Hume were out injured there was no other reasonably talented player left to pass to at Preston. Alexander and Unnsworth gave this 23 year old the captaincy so they must have rated him. Wesley 's a complete egomaniac who doesn't want players who can think for themselves, he might grind out results but who wants to watch that every week.

I think he had a bad attitude with their manager when he came in and tried to change captaincy I know Phil Brown gave him a high recommendation and made him captain, and in fairness he took a pay cut to come here so shows he does want to play.

I think its a shrewd signing, nothing more nothing less... we´ve signed a young lad with some very high recommendation on a low wage and a low fee and this is the type of signing we need to keep looking for.

I would say well done Derby for pulling this off, especially with other teams interested.

Archived