Paul Coutts

matty1

Totally agree mate, he'll want less money than Bailley. But he's not as good as Bailley. With the limited money Clough's been given, Coutts is the type of player he has to get unfortunately.

I disagree, he is a better all round midfielder than Bailey.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree, he is a better all round midfielder than Bailey.

Agreed, Bailey was good in his first season but after the injury was nowhere near as good. Think Coutts would be an excellent signing and would be miles better than Bailey.

[size=4][url=http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end-news/derby-closing-in-on-pne-star-coutts-1-4736067#.T__id8iC9t4.twitter]http://www.lep.co.uk...d8iC9t4.twitter -

Preston North End midfielder Paul Coutts is edging closer to a move to Derby County.

The Scotsman held talks with the Rams yesterday and was resuming them today as he eyes a return to the Championship.[/size]

Opinion isn't it bud. I'm a big fan of Bailey, I'd have him in the starting 11.

It is and I agree with moving him on. He doesn't show me he is going to improve, I agree we need to improve the midfield but I don't see that he can do it.

I agree with the notion Bailey isn't going to improve a great deal but then again I think the same of Hendrick (i'm willing to give him a chance though!). Bailey distributes the ball reasonably well but his all round game doesn't suit 4-4-2 as he's so one dimensional. If Coutts can come in and play well in more than one position he's more useful IMO. Bailey was brought in for 4-2-3-1 and that died a long time ago 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I agree with the notion Bailey isn't going to improve a great deal but then again I think the same of Hendrick (i'm willing to give him a chance though!). Bailey distributes the ball reasonably well but his all round game doesn't suit 4-4-2 as he's so one dimensional. If Coutts can come in and play well in more than one position he's more useful IMO. Bailey was brought in for 4-2-3-1 and that died a long time ago 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Hendrick will improve, without a doubt, this was only his first full season and at patches last season, he looked our best player, but I would get rid of Bails and get this Coutts guy in.

Hendrick will improve, without a doubt, this was only his first full season and at patches last season, he looked our best player, but I would get rid of Bails and get this Coutts guy in.

I really want Hendrick to be a gem and admittedly he was brought into a less than brilliant team last year but I think he's been bigged up massively by Clough. I just don't see what type of player he is going to be, he's not box to box, he's not a combative defensive mid...he likes to sit and play simple sideways passes. Maybe its the team around him making me doubt his ability?

It is and I agree with moving him on. He doesn't show me he is going to improve, I agree we need to improve the midfield but I don't see that he can do it.

Savage singled out Bailey as somebody who has the ability to play in the Prem one day. Coming from someone who played in that league hundreds of times says something to me. Coutts is more versatile but Bailey has more quality and brings for to the team IMO.

Ever since Baileys injury i have struggled to see the same Bailey as he used to be (maybe because he has only came on for the last ten mins in some games) now I have seen Coutts control matches but also been non existant in them but I dont see Bailey as an impact in games and he never really puts a claim on any matches and thats where I think Coutts will be different! (more magic)

I really want Hendrick to be a gem and admittedly he was brought into a less than brilliant team last year but I think he's been bigged up massively by Clough. I just don't see what type of player he is going to be, he's not box to box, he's not a combative defensive mid...he likes to sit and play simple sideways passes. Maybe its the team around him making me doubt his ability?

The asset that Hendrick has over our other Central Midfielders is he doesn't panic on the ball when harried by opponents, he rarely gets rushed. He needs to up his involvement in games but hopefully that will come with more games and he can dictate the play more.

He shows the ability to become a strong player in this league but will he develop further or stall like Bailey. The coming season will be a big one for him.

Hmmm will be interesting formation wise this season Im starting to think 4-5-1 away and 4-3-3 at home or 4-4-2.

Frankie

Brayford bucko nailer Roberts

Bryson Hendrick coutts

Ward Jacobs/Tyson

Sammon/ball

Just what I'm starting to think to be honest. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

i agree but where is theo robinson in all this?

Savage singled out Bailey as somebody who has the ability to play in the Prem one day. Coming from someone who played in that league hundreds of times says something to me. Coutts is more versatile but Bailey has more quality and brings for to the team IMO.

Savage would of said that wasn't savage supposed to be his mentor he can learn things of sav. By the look of it he's learnt what the Trafford centre is like on a Saturday afternoon. Anybody else think the reason why we got more points this year is because we don't carry sav anymore

Savage would of said that wasn't savage supposed to be his mentor he can learn things of sav. By the look of it he's learnt what the Trafford centre is like on a Saturday afternoon. Anybody else think the reason why we got more points this year is because we don't carry sav anymore

I'm not saying Sav set the world alight at Derby but you can't take away from him the 100's of Prem games he played in. He obviously had something before he was at us. And having seen Bailey and Coutts both play quite a lot, I definitely think Bailey is better. But I understand why Clough is doing this.

Agreed, Bailey was good in his first season but after the injury was nowhere near as good. Think Coutts would be an excellent signing and would be miles better than Bailey.

Coutts is a decent hard working midfielder that can pick a pass and also likes to break forward at times. He doesn't have an attitude and got seriously messed about by the egomaniac that's now managing Preston. Having dropped Coutts from the captaincy and replaced him with a total donkey he later back tracked and gave him the armband back for the last few games after dropping the donkey!

Have a look at some of the YouTube clips of Coutts when he was with The Posh and you can judge for yourselves. If you have strikers that can get into space Coutts will find them. I'm looking forward to seeing him back in the championship alongside players who can only be better than what he had to play with at Preston.

Archived