Steve Davies

Stive Pesley

I would disagree with that.

He has been here for 4 years and played 83 games.

I am by no means saying that is his fault but he needs to remember that DCFC stuck by him through all of his injuries and making stupid comments on Twitter shows a complete lack of respect.

Joke my arse - it has already been reported eariler that he was overheard slagging off Clough.

Reported that he was overheard.

What a load of ********.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a troll, and am consistent in my own view that we should sack Clough. I agree with Savies and I feel sorry for Sammon. As soon as he uses the wrong side of the foot to control a ball, doesn't take the ball up to the corner flag in the 46th minute, struggles to operate with zero supply from a lightweight midfield, then he'll be dropped.

Who do you think will replace him?

Probably, maybe clough just sees sammon as being the better option and saw Davies as the best way to finance it, no big conspiracy but a move that suited all parties.

Much like the Shackell and Keogh move - it remains to be seen what will be with that, much like this! Steve Davies wasn't the striker we needed, he was when we played with 10 men behind the ball because he could pull a rabbit out the hat and we showed that in a few games last season, this season we're a lot more positive (for the most part) and gone back to the commons and bueno days when we played some great football - Sammon like Kuqi has been brought in for the focal point of tha attack if he has half the success then we've made a killing!

I think we wanted to keep Davies but as you said once it came apparent he wanted out we then made a decision - we've spent more than we've let out and I think part of that reason is Appleby having more of a hands on approach.

If we can get this centre midfielder in that will help us see games out and perhaps another striker (not too fussed as long as no more go) then I will be happy, assuming freeman has signed up!

I actually think sammon is a good signing, but onto Davies, last year you thought he was a good player, what's changed?

I still think he's a good player, but ultimately despite some talent he doesn't add enough to the team when he's not scoring. Personally I would have liked to have had both, but he's wanted to move on and has done so now. I think they are both good players, but quite different players. In the case of Davies though, I'm sick of hearing how he's a "proven Championship scorer". Put bluntly, cracking 10 goals once by the age of 24 does not make a player proven at this level. Not even close to be honest, if he gets 10+ again this season maybe, but in one season?

I don't know how we managed to be football fans bitd. We had no inside info at all, no tweets, no forums to gossip endlessly about who may have said what, no rumours, just an announcement on t' radio or in the DET.

Oh, did get the odd rumour from a barman in the Midland Hotel cos the players used to drink there, but that was about it!

I don't know how we managed to be football fans bitd. We had no inside info at all, no tweets, no forums to gossip endlessly about who may have said what, no rumours, just an announcement on t' radio or in the DET.

Oh, did get the odd rumour from a barman in the Midland Hotel cos the players used to drink there, but that was about it!

Bang on! Were we any worse off for it all? All of this supposedly informed gossip causes so much fur to fly, probably based on nothing in many cases. It's almost as though some people have hidden agenda about management 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Well, he's gone, I wish him well.

I remember how he almost never made it when he had that head injury so if he can recover from that and move on with his life, good for him.

I hope he & his family can relocate and start again.

Not really bothered about the reasons for his departure. At the end of the day he is a pro footballer and its just a job to them. He wasn't a bad player and did ok for us, but he's not a world beater. I wish him well at City and hope his personal issues are resolved by the move. I don't get why some people take these things so personally; someone on the DET site called him 'Scum', which is absolutely pathetic.

It wasn't a joke, clearly. But nevermind, he apologised.

he's a scouser - they're all funny guys. can't help it - it's in the blood.

my missus is from liverpool and she's always calling me a fat useless **** - i know she's only joking.

I'd like everyone to read this which has been posted on Derby Mad today, ANY rumours regarding the reasons behind Steve Davies leaving will be deleted, keep them to yourself or share them by PM if you must but we don't want to see them on the forum. Thanks.

After weeks of rumour and counter rumour. I have recently had an exchange of emails with Steve Davies' father. We hope the following article puts people straight and we can all move on.

Derby County mad readers, it has come to our attention yet again that there are rumours flying around our, and other message boards regarding the reasoning behind the departure of Steve Davies from the club.

As I have mentioned before, officials of the club, players, their representatives, wives and family do read our message board. In the last week alone there have been at least two threads in which speculation about Steve’s motives or reasoning in wanting to leave the club have been called into question, usually by those that know the least about the situation

In my capacity as editor of the Derby County mad site, I do get regular complaints and the Steve Davies topic has been seen and read by his wife and Father. Mark, Steve’s Father has contacted me on several occasions about the untruths that have been bandied about his son.

All the moderators and myself have striven to remind people that you do need to substantiate any written accusation or rumour they post on our message board, or legal proceedings could be taken by the person mentioned in the post.

Mark Davies has today emailed me again with thanks for the moderators and my own efforts to quell rumours and has asked, along with Steve’s wife that I publish the email he sent to me this morning. Here is that email.

Bloomeram, I recently complained too you regarding this issue, and I have to say the M.O.Ds have dealt with the issue quite well . However, the recent speculation regarding Steven is categorically NOT CORRECT, the reasons are Very real, but do not and I repeat DO NOT concern any other Player, Wife,Girlfriend,Manager\Staff member, in any way shape or form ! It is a private and at sensitive issue, which in the fullness of time, will be revealed. I , on behalf of Steven and His Wife, would like to on record Thanking the Club and especially Nigel for understanding the reasons for his leaving, which I might stress has been ongoing for the best part of 18 months. It also very relevant of me to say, thank you all DCFC, but please drop the " witch hunt" as there is nothing regarding the CLUB and more importantly anyone associated too it. Many thanks Mr M Davies "Stevens Father" .

We do hope everyone will respect the matter and the Davies family in respect of this matter and let the matter rest. Thank-you...

[url=http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/exclusive_request_from_the_steve_davies_family_753556/index.shtml]http://www.derbycoun...556/index.shtml

Archived