Steve Davies

Stive Pesley

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it possible that the cliub have taken up his one year option but then Savies has turned down an extension past that point?

that could expalin why we would stick him on the list now - he has a year and we try to offload him before Jan 2013.

It could be a just rumour of course but I am gettting royally p'd off at players who are looked after superbly while constantly injured but then bugger off for a grand extra a week.

Stevie D always comes across as a great lad on interviews surely he can see that he owes the club a little bit?

I don't get this. After this... [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17669629]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17669629 ...I'd be quite surprised if the rumours were true. Also, sounds terribly like a complete lie. The news that hes been offered two contracts, turned them both down, and been transfer listed sounds too much like what the papers would say (an exaggerated made up story). I mean, it takes a minimun of a week for a Derby player to discuss and either accept or turndown a contract offer. I.E Ward, Green, Buxton, Roberts, etc. So what we're being told is that either:

1. The club has offered 2 contracts to a player in the space of a few days, they have both been turned down and the player has been transfer listed.

or

2. The club offered him a contract a couple of weeks ago he mulled over it for a week and then it was turned down. Then the club offered him another contract, he mulled over it for a week or so, and decided to turn that down aswel. After that, he has become transfer listed...and all with another year on his contract. Without anything official from the club, and no media source, finding out.

My opinion...this is a pile of ****, with no substance.

When does his current contract expire though? I'd not heard his situation mentioned at all this year.

The post on the main forum says 2012 with a one year option, so why has it not been discussed in the press like all the other contracts that are running out or to be optioned?

is it possible that the cliub have taken up his one year option but then Savies has turned down an extension past that point?

that could expalin why we would stick him on the list now - he has a year and we try to offload him before Jan 2013.

It could be a just rumour of course but I am gettting royally p'd off at players who are looked after superbly while constantly injured but then bugger off for a grand extra a week.

Stevie D always comes across as a great lad on interviews surely he can see that he owes the club a little bit?

Why is it always the players fault ?

If memory serves me right, he signed an extended contract when returning from fitness, now this would probably have been on reduced or the same terms, maybe now he is saying that he has proved his fitness and if he is extending any further he wants to be on a level par with others ?

Its probably all a load of rubbish anyway, has ward signed his extension yet either ?

Why is it always the players fault ?

If memory serves me right, he signed an extended contract when returning from fitness, now this would probably have been on reduced or the same terms, maybe now he is saying that he has proved his fitness and if he is extending any further he wants to be on a level par with others ?

Its probably all a load of rubbish anyway, has ward signed his extension yet either ?

I was under the impression that Ward has signed an extension.

We need to be keeping Steve Davies if we want to build on this year. Even if he isn't our front line goal scorer, EVERY time he stays fit for a few games he gets goals.

The lad has goals in him and they are tough to find. (although he's had enough chances in the last 3 games to get to 20!!)

BUT and it's a BIG BUT.

He has been in and out of the side for the last 3 and half seasons with injuries, he needs to get close to a full season under his belt before he starts asking for improved terms. Leacock did the same and it really pissed me off, came back played 6 decent games and then went knocking on the door. It's not on.

Keep your head down, get on with it and you'll get rewarded anyway.

The club has been paying his salary irrespective of whether he's been able to contriubte or not.

I'm fairly sure he could negotiate in the same way Ward did, play well, stay in the side and we'll improve your deal ov er the contract.

It's all ******** anyway I hope, as I'm pretty confident Steve will do the right thing and stick around for another two years at least.

Archived