What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

On 03/04/2024 at 15:39, ramit said:

Until tonight I never knew this song was about a "chicken ranch" in Texas.

Raunchy southern rock at it's finest.

Turn it up, or don't play it.

I recently discovered this and it was swiftly added to the summer driving playlist 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this piece many years ago on an album called La Musica Della Mafia Vol. II

Enchanting, yet ominous, it has stuck in my mind, I play it from time to time.

On 16/01/2024 at 16:19, Rev said:

Tapestry - Carole King.

All the vinyl one person needs to begin with.

Brought this record back after my latest trip home - had been pulled from my parents’ loft. 

The only song I knew going into this was (the brilliant) You’ve Got A Friend, so I was expecting slow ballads.

Then the first song hit!

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Brought this record back after my latest trip home - had been pulled from my parents’ loft. 

The only song I knew going into this was (the brilliant) You’ve Got A Friend, so I was expecting slow ballads.

Then the first song hit!

I like that you're getting into some of the classics. You're what, 24 or 25? I try every now and again to put stuff on for my 23 year old daughter and she almost instantly tells me to change it.

Posted (edited)

I don't remember if I suggested it to you before @DarkFruitsRam7, but you could do a lot worse than Bat Out Of Hell by Meat Loaf. It's probably my all time number one album with a few songs that would make my all time top ten.

IMG_7368.jpeg

Rumours is the longest running studio album on the list.

Edited by richinspain
Added

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, richinspain said:

I like that you're getting into some of the classics. You're what, 24 or 25? I try every now and again to put stuff on for my 23 year old daughter and she almost instantly tells me to change it.

It’s the whole reason I got the record player! Already loved the Beatles and bits of other older stuff I’d listened to, so I figured I’d like the rest of it. 

There’s also other genres and eras that I want to get into properly. 90s Hip Hop, Madchester/Britpop (already know and love Oasis and Stone Roses, but want to dig into it properly), 80s, all the Bowie eras, jazz, modern stuff, etc.

There’s almost too much to explore, but that’s also the beauty of it. I just need more money!

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It’s the whole reason I got the record player! Already loved the Beatles and bits of other older stuff I’d listened to, so I figured I’d like the rest of it. 

There’s also other genres and eras that I want to get into properly. 90s Hip Hop, Madchester/Britpop (already know and love Oasis and Stone Roses, but want to dig into it properly), 80s, all the Bowie eras, jazz, modern stuff, etc.

There’s almost too much to explore, but that’s also the beauty of it. I just need more money!

I know that Apple Music and Spotify are pretty sterile for listening to music for purists, but they also provide a platform to listen to music that you don't know and therefore not spend so much of that money that you need more of on discs that you ultimately don't like.

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I know that Apple Music and Spotify are pretty sterile for listening to music for purists, but they also provide a platform to listen to music that you don't know and therefore not spend so much of that money that you need more of on discs that you ultimately don't like.

I stream music all the time, but struggle to sit down and focus on it with my phone so readily available.

Happy to take my time buying records. I’ve got the rest of my life to work through them!

The late Terry Callier was one of my favourite artists around the end of the last century. This is a classic from 1978 which I still play allot:

12 hours ago, richinspain said:

I don't remember if I suggested it to you before @DarkFruitsRam7, but you could do a lot worse than Bat Out Of Hell by Meat Loaf. It's probably my all time number one album with a few songs that would make my all time top ten.

IMG_7368.jpeg

Rumours is the longest running studio album on the list.

Bat out of hell is my no 1 of most hated albums 🤮