Sick Doughty chants

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You heard them applauding him on the radio. Two things wrong there.

1. You would have heard the Derby fans clapping on the radio, as the commentary position is in the west stand, surrounded by Derby fans.

2. The red dogs weren't clapping.

Perhaps radio nottingham is that good you heard individual fans having conversations too.

Majority were mate. I was one of them. Just after Tudgay flagged down the officials to get treatment for one of YOUR players.

Didn't something like that happen at the City Ground?

Feel obliged to comment on this topic. Over past 20+ years I have heard many sick chants, many mocking the dead, injured, or disabled. The chants last night were no worse than I have heard from other fans, or our own. It's unfortunatly part of football culture, like it or not. I personally think it has been blown out of proportion.

1. The chanting of Barker went on before every Forest fan realised the seriousness of the situation.

2. The chanting of Chris Cohen happened, not to mock Barker, but to highlight the fact that WE stopped the game when one of your players went down injured, unlike what you did just a few months ago.

3. Tudgay stayed with Barker until the very end.

4. The chanting about Commons, was from about 10-15 people, who got silenced by the majority.

5. There were 1000+ people chanting from Derby. A higher scale of minority.

6. There were 3 chants. 3 oppurtunities for people to think about it, realise they were in the wrong, and stop. If anything, the 2nd and 3rd chants were at higher volume than the 1st.

7. Unlike your clubs statement, it wasn't "brief".

8. There was nothing said about Robbie Savage's Dad, despite what some of your fans are saying on Twitter, in an attempt to justify your actions.

9. The guy that was on ITV News just now, that brushed it off as a bit of banter, is an idiot.

Feel free to debate the points I've made.

You lot do this every time we play you - if it's not Robbie Savage waving a scarf, it's Nigel kneeing your manager, or us not kicking the ball out because one of your players has hit the deck, (massive differences in injuries btw).

Don't try and lay your guilt on our shoulders.

Take it like a fan, you lost........again.

Now I don't know about everybody else, but I've had enough of all this, it's every chuffin time, whinin and wingein. We've apologised, I haven't heard of anyone supporting the chants. We've rung our hands and bowed our heads and i hope we can take our hair shirts off now.

ENOUGH.

You lot do this every time we play you - if it's not Robbie Savage waving a scarf, it's Nigel kneeing your manager, or us not kicking the ball out because one of your players has hit the deck, (massive differences in injuries btw).

Don't try and lay your guilt on our shoulders.

Take it like a fan, you lost........again.

Now I don't know about everybody else, but I've had enough of all this, it's every chuffin time, whinin and wingein. We've apologised, I haven't heard of anyone supporting the chants. We've rung our hands and bowed our heads and i hope we can take our hair shirts off now.

ENOUGH.

Its the forest fans that are keeping this thread going and derby fans reacting. But yeh, I wish it to stop.

You heard them applauding him on the radio. Two things wrong there.

1. You would have heard the Derby fans clapping on the radio, as the commentary position is in the west stand, surrounded by Derby fans.

2. The red dogs weren't clapping.

Perhaps radio nottingham is that good you heard individual fans having conversations too.

Don't know if you know this and just forgot but we don't listen to the same radio station as you. We have our own commentator that sits with the away fans, and yes you can hear conversations you're right. that's why listening to the radio was so reliable to see what we did. In fact when they put the extended highlights on with the radio commentary that will prove it.

And we know we played piss poor, we all know this and we are unhappy with the manager what do you want?

Football fans in general spend too much of their energy 'hating' other clubs and not enough cheering on their own team.

Chanting directed at others' misfortune varies in scale from an injured player to the deceased. It's all wrong and inexcusable. Everyone experiences grief at some stage in their life and it's hard to deal with. My thoughts go out to the Doughty family for the second time. There are some who should reflect on their words and actions and what they meant.

Nigel Doughty was a top football man and should be respected as such. If the game had taken place on the original date I'm sure his passing would have been recognised with due respect.

Unfortunately, fans have short memory spans and sympathy soon turns to 'banter'. Hopefully, it won't happen again at future Derby/Forest games unlike at Man Utd/Liverpool/Leeds games where the Munich disaster is still raked up after over 50 years!

This is all a bit childish isn't it? You did this, no but you did this first, etc.

No sets of fans actions can be used to condone the others and nothing can be used to condone those chants. I hope they identify the people who did it and give them banning orders.

The chanting took the gloss of a great atmosphere, think people just follow others and don't think about what their chanting, still no excuse. As stated earlier we don't want to get like Man u and Leeds. Lets keep it friendly banter. On behalf of all decent derby fans, apologies to forest fans angered and hurt by the chants. Tom slick and the club have apologised now lets move on. Jakes a legend.

Archived