Sick Doughty chants

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing that, I agree with pretty much everything he said.

I liked this bit.......

''However, you can’t help but feel that, amid the frothing and posturing, the depressingly inescapable verity is that the very same ‘sections of the Forest support’ - namely, the thick-eared troglodytes at the back – would have been chanting the exact same things if it were Derby who had recently lost one of their number. Call me a heartless cynic, but I’d have a shiny halfpenny on it.''

It wasn't a small minority. It was thousands of people and it could be heard across the ground. But most of the people singing it are probably decent, law-abiding people who got up this morning to go to work. They were under the influence of alcohol and got caught in the moment.

However that doesn't excuse it. Alcohol isn't an excuse to lose your self-control and sing sick chants.

I am glad the club has released an official statement and I hope a line can be drawn under it at all. Forest have no right to take any moral high ground and tell the papers they thought it was disgraceful. After all, a lot of their fans sang about Commons baby. They hated their chairman and it's possible that this even triggered his heart attack.

I was sat in the area which was singing it, and i didn't join in,i thought it was a bit over the top myself. However why is this the main topic coming out of last night , we beat forest twice in the league for the first time in 40 years, and pride park was buzzing! Leave it now...

exactly....we beat them... ha ha ha....

as for the chant.....it has gone on forever and will continue forever, they will never, ever stop sick chanting....ever...

There isn't one football fan in the country that went to football in the 70's and 80's that wasn't singing "who's that lying on the runway".......the Milwall fans waving Turkey flags at Leeds.......United fans singing about Shankley having a heart attack....and interestingly enough, just talking to a red dog mate of mine, they played Chelsea the week after Matthew Harding died and all the red dogs were spinning their scarves around to look like helicopters.... it has been around forever and will remain around forever....the best things to do with knobs like this is to ignore them....so can we do that now..please....and start to talk more about Jake Buxton.....!!!

exactly....we beat them... ha ha ha....

as for the chant.....it has gone on forever and will continue forever, they will never, ever stop sick chanting....ever...

There isn't one football fan in the country that went to football in the 70's and 80's that wasn't singing "who's that lying on the runway".......the Milwall fans waving Turkey flags at Leeds.......United fans singing about Shankley having a heart attack....and interestingly enough, just talking to a red dog mate of mine, they played Chelsea the week after Matthew Harding died and all the red dogs were spinning their scarves around to look like helicopters.... it has been around forever and will remain around forever....the best things to do with knobs like this is to ignore them....so can we do that now..please....and start to talk more about Jake Buxton.....!!!

Sad that you and the lads missed it......did you have a fondue party last night.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

the chants from your lot were heard where i sat, neither set of fans can even attempt to justify what the minority of each fans sang both bang out of order and have no place in the game. but morale high ground can not taken by anyone

Well I can't tell you what you heard obviously if you say you heard it then i'll take back what I said but I was just going by what I heard,or didn't hear on the radio which was placed right next to our fans

Sorry Vulcan, I disagree with that, in fact I'd say the opposite of what you said. Perhaps some of us are right to be outraged as we want to retain what's left of a once decent society, without being labelled as 'can't wait to be offended'.

Just because it's a football match, it doesn't mean that we should all walk with our knuckles dragging on the floor acting like idiots. That kind of stuff belongs in the dark ages, along with holliganism.

Not for a minute am I saying fans should be seen & not heard, but surely chanting stuff about someones death is a bit much?? Or am I just being a killjoy thinking it's in bad taste? Don't think so somehow but that's just me.

Exactly this. I know there's a massive hype about 'giving football a better name' and a lot of celebrities are just stamping their name on a bandwagon. But if such disgraces are still happening at such matches then surely its not unreasonable to want it to go?

It wasn't a small minority. It was thousands of people and it could be heard across the ground. But most of the people singing it are probably decent, law-abiding people who got up this morning to go to work. They were under the influence of alcohol and got caught in the moment.

However that doesn't excuse it. Alcohol isn't an excuse to lose your self-control and sing sick chants.

I am glad the club has released an official statement and I hope a line can be drawn under it at all. Forest have no right to take any moral high ground and tell the papers they thought it was disgraceful. After all, a lot of their fans sang about Commons baby. They hated their chairman and it's possible that this even triggered his heart attack.

Of course it is, whilst out in town the other Saturday night, I spent a good couple of minutes chatting to a very nice middle aged lady (turn out she was a teacher) whilst continually touching her breasts. Now if I'd have been sober I never would've done that...

I agree with all your other points though. Apart from maybe the 1000's throughout the ground. I thought the majority of the chanting was coimng from the SE corner...

Of course it is, whilst out in town the other Saturday night, I spent a good couple of minutes chatting to a very nice middle aged lady (turn out she was a teacher) whilst continually touching her breasts. Now if I'd have been sober I never would've done that...

FPD......... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Sad that you and the lads missed it......did you have a fondue party last night.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Gutted we missed it, they all came round to mine and listened to radio Derby (even though 99% of them don't understand English) they loved it, were going mad when we scored, they would have absolutely loved it at the game..... gutted doesn't really say how i feel actually but the huge amounts of champagne drunk last night certainly helps....it was nice and chilled too because I told me mam me mam to put it on ice..!!!!!!... but hey, ho....Off to Donny on Saturday..!!!

With regards to the chanting DCFC have done the right thing and apologized, so in my eyes that should be the end of it.

Had a 100 mile up and 100 mile back trip last night just to watch that dogturd match.

Could be worse though.. Ey MuespachRam?

Had a 100 mile up and 100 mile back trip last night just to watch that dogturd match.

Could be worse though.. Ey MuespachRam?

Yep...you could have lost to your biggest rivals, who only had to go into 2nd gear to turn you over so easily...and be on the edge of division 3 again... Yep...it could be worse.

Yep...you could have lost to your biggest rivals, who only had to go into 2nd gear to turn you over so easily...and be on the edge of division 3 again... Yep...it could be worse.

What's that? I cant read my healthy bank balance and your drivel at the same time. What's yours looking like for last month?

Every forest fan applauded him off the pitch-every fan, you could hear it on the radio.

Am I missing something here, you could tell that Forest fans were clapping on the radio?

Do they clap in a different accent in guntown?

Gotta say I really think the rumours about barker chanting are exactly that-rumours. Every forest fan applauded him off the pitch-every fan, you could hear it on the radio. there is no proof of any barker chanting and it just seems like some people are using this to justify doughty chanting. Another thing that needs to be said 'you got what you wanted' is NOT justified chanting, that suggests that people wanted him to die, no one in football EVER wants another person to die that's just sick, why would you say its ok to say that

You heard them applauding him on the radio. Two things wrong there.

1. You would have heard the Derby fans clapping on the radio, as the commentary position is in the west stand, surrounded by Derby fans.

2. The red dogs weren't clapping.

Perhaps radio nottingham is that good you heard individual fans having conversations too.

Archived