Sick Doughty chants

No sense of humour 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

In all seriousness, i did think the chants were slightly out of order, but I do think people do just get so enthralled in the match that adrenalin seems to take over common sense unfortunately. The club did the right thing and not hiding the fact that it didn't happen, by making an apology. Just winds me up forest fans saying that it was 'horrific', i forgot they were all saints...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No sense of humour

In all seriousness, i did think the chants were slightly out of order, but I do think people do just get so enthralled in the match that adrenalin seems to take over common sense unfortunately. The club did the right thing and not hiding the fact that it didn't happen, by making an apology. Just winds me up forest fans saying that it was 'horrific', i forgot they were all saints...

I recently donated my entire months wages to OXFAM and then sent my starving family to scavenge the bins in St Annes.

What have you ever done?

Just joking. I don't have a family.

1. The chanting of Barker went on before every Forest fan realised the seriousness of the situation. Shouldn't matter the fack how serious the injury was. The fact he was down not moving and Tudgay screaming for help from the outset gives an indication serious. Not many times in a season do you see that display from opposition players when opposition injured. Mindless response and justification by a mindless fan from a mindless club. The shame I feel is we dropped to your level and brought his name into it.

2. The chanting of Chris Cohen happened, not to mock Barker, but to highlight the fact that WE stopped the game when one of your players went down injured, unlike what you did just a few months ago. Bollocckks. The game did not stop until a free kick was awarded for a foul on one of your players, it was not stopped by ur player. I admit he tried to stop it. If it was stopped by you then why the feck did you take an attacking free kick and not just return the ball after a serious injury. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT DERBY FANS TO DO WHEN YOU SHOUTING SICK CHANTS TOWARDS OUR PLAYER. NOT CONDONING BUT IF YOU TALK ABOUT MORALS FIND YOUR OWN FIRST

3. Tudgay stayed with Barker until the very end. I will give you this one, however once a Ram always a Ram and sad to see him get a second yellow.

4. The chanting about Commons, was from about 10-15 people, who got silenced by the majority. You don't condemn this chant as such, this was a child and anything to do with children is out of bounds. Amazing how you justify it. Also the 10-15 fans was the response from Barnsley to Doncaster and Billy Sharp. Where was the apology by your fans, your manager, your club. There was none so wind your neck in least we can hold our hands up and apologise the mark of a bigger club and one with morals.

5. There were 1000+ people chanting from Derby. A higher scale of minority. GET REAL!!!!!!!

6. There were 3 chants. 3 oppurtunities for people to think about it, realise they were in the wrong, and stop. If anything, the 2nd and 3rd chants were at higher volume than the 1st. Can only honestly say that I heard the one. However you chant sick chants whilst our player completly stricken with both physios, strethcer called on immediately even before they knew how serious. We react, you then react to which react. Stones and glass houses.

7. Unlike your clubs statement, it wasn't " It was brief as from then it was mostly "we only need 10 men", "Come on Derby" "When the rams go marching in" and cheering attacks on. Something you did not seem to do much off last night. Your fantastic 4000+ fans made no noise and your team were ***** and you targetted our injured player. You admit that you chanted at Barker but where is your apology as fans and the well wishes. Like the ones we passed onto you lot when Doughty passed away.

8. There was nothing said about Robbie Savage's Dad, despite what some of your fans are saying on Twitter, in an attempt to justify your actions. Let me guess trying to justify your fans by saying that it didn't happen!!

9. The guy that was on ITV News just now, that brushed it off as a bit of banter, is an idiot. No doubt the fans who abused Commons/Savage would say it is just banter.

Feel free to debate the points I've made.

I will debate with you see comments in bold above.

I am holding back comments about how to describe your narrow minded scummy justification of your chants last night and previous games. No wonder teams are starting to despise you. You gave Doughty stick whilst he was alive and a life long Notts Forest Fan stood down as he could not deal with your yampy fans and he couldn't wait to relieve himself of the pressure. When he died all the fans who gave him stick then turned coat again and revered him. Hypocrits.

People from up here still see you as scabs and have no time for your tinpot club.

The fact that you accept and admit you were shouting sick chants against Barker and you think that us as fans and a club are the only ones who need to make an apology is hilarious. I hope you go down and you stop down. I feel sad that Doughty has passed away because he was a football fan and he loved his club shame it was wasted on you!!.

God rest Doughty and god rest our own Chairman legent Pickering RIP.

One last thing you chanting Brian Cloughs name after the way you treated him at the end and his family since. Please remember Brian Cloughs proudest moment in football was not the European Championships but winning the league with Derby. The Cloughs are Derby through and through. The last Derby manager to manage a double over you lot was Brian and funnily enough you went down that season hope history repeats itself.

Please feel free to debate. However your justification above holds no water what so ever and please stick to your own fans as they may understand your views.

I don't condone our chant last night and I feel sad we stooped to your level as this detracted from us battering you last night. You did not deserve anything from the game and the result was a good one. How about debating on here how good no wait how poor you were last night on the pitch

Hyporcrites!

Forest fans at Chelsea doing airplanes not long after Mathew Harding had been killed in air crash, didn't hear anyone bleating about that!

Ssausagehorpe singing at Forest THIS SEASON "He's fat he's round he's 6ft underground Brian Clough" Didn't hear them whinging then!

It was a local derby, it was highly strung, it was passionate for the fans. I'm not saying it's totally excusable but there's a damn sight worse things happening than chanting about a Chairman who THEY DIDN'T WANT!

Hyporcrites!

Forest fans at Chelsea doing airplanes not long after Mathew Harding had been killed in air crash, didn't hear anyone bleating about that!

Ssausagehorpe singing at Forest THIS SEASON "He's fat he's round he's 6ft underground Brian Clough" Didn't hear them whinging then!

It was a local derby, it was highly strung, it was passionate for the fans. I'm not saying it's totally excusable but there's a damn sight worse things happening than chanting about a Chairman who THEY DIDN'T WANT!

Eh we arent in the same league as ssausagehorpe so dont know how they managed to chant that at us this season......................... They may get the opportunity to chant that at us next season but lets not jump the gun by predicting the future mate 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> lol

Hyporcrites!

Comeback FAIL

Just a question , can they actually ban people for singing this?

Yeah. indecent chanting at a football match is an offence. If convicted then you can get a banning order. Even if you're not convicted of an offence a banning order can be applied for if it can be shown a person has caused or contributed to violence or disorder.

So ban them I say. It doesn't matter who said what in the past. It has no place in football, it isn't 'banter' and I don't want anyone who thinks its ok to have anything to do with the club I love.

Just a question , can they actually ban people for singing this?

Club can ban anyone, same as a pub, if they don't want you in then they don't have to let you in, as for a police ban or criminal then it's difficult to see how. It was disgraceful and I heard all three chants from the other end of the ground.

Majority were mate. I was one of them. Just after Tudgay flagged down the officials to get treatment for one of YOUR players.

Didn't something like that happen at the City Ground?

Cohen's knee wasn't twisted the wrong way round at the City Ground. Next?

Cohen's knee wasn't twisted the wrong way round at the City Ground. Next?

And in one stroke.

Brushed away!

We had a man down seriously injured and your players decided to play on regardless instructed by your manager. Our players decided to stop by the injured Barker and flag the officials down to atop playing. I'm very proud of Tuggers for that.

oh dear, RipND replaced by yet more bad loser red dogs

Forest, worst losers in history and on the very rare occassion the worst winners in history.

At least we won't be able to hear anymore of their post match whinning down in League One.

bye bye Forest, think this time with your debt you will be gone for good

you do know how embarrassing it'd be if you guys start post match whinning about the pre-season friendlies which will be the only games between our 2 clubs for the foreseeable future?

Archived