Sick Doughty chants

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes football brings out the worst in people.

No defending it, that behaviour doesn't belong in the game. And I won't defend it by raising instances where the Forest fans have chanted inappropriately - all that does is perpetuate it.

No place for it.

Disgusting and disgraceful if true. Hopefully it was only an idiotic minority. The messages of sympathy and sadness on this board after the death was announced makes me hope that the majority did not take part in these chants.

I'm sure it won't be the majority. All teams seem to have a small following which is made up of thick and stupid individuals. There's little hope for them unfortunately.,

it certainly wasn't the loudest chant of the match however a significant minority in the east stand corner sung it. I was embarrassed and ashamed so many joined in to this vile and idiotic behaviour which blurred the line between support and grotesque chanting trying to rile up the opposition.

Sick Chants, hope we get fined.

Did they get fined after the Kris Commons baby chants?

We had a few ***** in the corner tonight, Forest have had the same in the past. Obviously Forest fans will be pushing for more coverage of the chant to hide the fact we did the double over them tonight. We won't get fined and nor should we.

i did not hear anything like that at all and yes no need for that chant but i joined in most chants, but i never heard no chant like that who ever started that chant should be brought forward and face what he did and face punishment, and behalf derby county he should face the FA and made to say sorry to forst club and it might be enough for it to be blown over.

a few ****** responded with them after the forest fans sang leave him to die when barks was down, a few people round me heard them and on ltlf a red dog even said they sang that.

not say 2 wrongs make a right far from it but you get dick heads in all fans that will cast a shadow over the game

It's unfortunate, but the old saying 'empty vessels make most noise' is actually true.

I'm just annoyed that it made it on the news and in the papers.

Let's hear about what the forest fans did to him whilst he was alive. Rumours of vile emails, and spitting on his car.

Hypocrisy.

First post on here after reading for a while, but I was so disgusted by those chants I figured I'd sign up and post my thoughts...

From where I sit (West Lower, near South end) I could hear quite a large number of people in the SE corner chanting about Doughty. Absolutely disgusting behaviour and a real tarnish on the vast majority of decent fans at Derby.

They should be ashamed of themselves, but probably have used up their collective brain cell for one night.

Just got the bus and sat near some Derby fans taunting a Forest mate of mine about Doughtys death and felt compelled to say how ridiculous and disrespectful it was. Felt quite ashamed at that moment in time, no need for it at all!

If someone from our club died i'm sure forest fans would have sung similar songs. Every club has idiots, but tonight we had far too many. We should still be punished though.

So it was the clubs fault was it, did Glick and Clough, and all the staff join in ???

Unfortunately I doubt anyone will be banned for this, as the majority of the east stand corner joined in so unless they ban a few hundred people nothing will happen. I was in the corner but I felt it was vile so I kept my head down. Maybe the F.A will fine the club?

I can't honestly say I heard anything at all clearly, so disagree with the 'significant section' comment. Maybe a minority of fans compared to the total of rams fans would be nearer the mark.

Chants of that nature serve absolutely no purpose, it's just a twisted way to get one-upmanship. It's vile, cruel and unnessesary.

Whoever did it really needs to grow up and think before they open their mouths. They really have no excuse.

Unfortunately I doubt anyone will be banned for this, as the majority of the east stand corner joined in so unless they ban a few hundred people nothing will happen. I was in the corner but I felt it was vile so I kept my head down. Maybe the F.A will fine the club?

Maybe they will fine F****t for impersonating a football team .

Archived