Sick Doughty chants

And in one stroke.

Brushed away!

We had a man down seriously injured and your players decided to play on regardless instructed by your manager. Our players decided to stop by the injured Barker and flag the officials down to atop playing. I'm very proud of Tuggers for that.

"Play to the whistle". You're taught it from the age of 4.

Tudgay chose not too. Fair play to him, something about seeing Barker's leg pointing in the wrong direction must have made him realise it was a potentially career-threatening injury or something.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't stop play. The ref stopped play for a foul. Tudgay tried to stop it, but everyone else carried on.

Our reluctance to stop at your ground was down to three of your players trying to get Fielding sent off.

Sit in the SE myself and as I looked around to see who WASN'T singing it... I couldn't find many.

It didn't carry past the SE corner thankfully. I felt ashamed to be part of that corner. "You wanted him gone" song was fine. Harsh in some eyes, but its a fair chant. The rest.... garbage. And the two lads trying to start the "Heart Attack" chant. Probably felt good to stay out late on a school night. ******. Plastic fans too.

But, when we flew the banner, Forest fans were all over Local radio saying how that money could of gone to cancer research.

Now, we are ALL chanting about the death of their beloved owner who they drove away from the City Ground on matchdays.

Those boys always have the ladder ready just incase some moral high ground is available.

Better not mention any Pickering chants. Any Commons baby chants. Wouldn't want to tarnish that halo.

Won't even mention Forest fans throwing objects too. Or bottles of piss that rain down at the CG. Or the Forest fan that ran down the west stand pushing and slapping people.

Keep that halo shining boys.

And as for that SE corner I have to endure just to get a sing song. You look stupid being held back by a piece of string and a police dog when trying to "get at" Cardiff fans. You sound stupid singing "loyal supporters" after giving Roberts/Buxton abuse. You are stupid chanting "come on in" to 300 Millwall fans when you'd bolt if they actually came (like when Swansea chased you off outside).

You've let down real fans. Take your plastic home only support and shove it up your arse. Not quite so passionate about Derby when we're playing Watford. Do you have to think of Forest to get a hard on? Your an embarrassment every other week.

The guy who said Brian Clough's biggest achievement was winning stuff with Derby..

You're deluded. Face it. He had his best times at Forest.

Brian Cloughs own words I'm afraid.

But he did achieve more at Forest, but enjoyed the league championship win at Derby more. Its a fact, maybe a sad one for reds, but a fact.

The guy who said Brian Clough's biggest achievement was winning stuff with Derby..

ha ha ha take it you never watched Cloughs documentary. Oh thats right you shaft your legends and fans that try to do their best for your club at the shitty ground. The Cloughs have no time for your club it looks like the Doughty family have no time for you after the unfortunate death of Nigel.

God help you if you go down as well. Can't even sing going down with a fiver in the bank cos you ain't even got that.

For the info on what he thought of his achievements with you over his achievements with Derby would recommend the Clough documentary.

I take it you decided not to debate with me over your previous comments.

I have always hated Forest, showed sympathy over Doughty as that is more than football. I will always hate Forest. Look forward to League 1 next season or the season after, if you have a club that is after you go back into administration and all your players leave this summer.

Derby still look at Brian Clough as a legend even though he made the worse mistake ever managing you, hence the statue at Pride Park. Brian is supposed to be your legend yet the family after the way you treated em have no time for you. Nigel is a Forest legend and although Brian managed you never got the abuse you give your former legend. You are mindless hypocrits.

PS if you need to borrow the DVD of the Clough I am quite happy to find you a link. I believe its the end of the documentary. His wife still cherishes the medal as much as Brian did.

What's that? I cant read my healthy bank balance and your drivel at the same time. What's yours looking like for last month?

Yeah its a bit light, but luckily for me, i had a few quid on us finishing higher than the inbreds and doing the double! So its all worked out ok thanks. And all mine is honestly earnt not gained by selling drugs and arms.

Right then, a lot of our fans have admitted embarrassment at this and the club has made an official apology (more than your club did when the boot was on the other foot) can we get back to talking about the match now please?!

What did you Forest fans reckon to your only real tactic of the night of hacking down Tyson at any given opportunity and is that all your players had been practising in the lead up to the game?

Lifetime ban, you have got to be joking.

Lets ban every fan who sang about Munich or leeds fans in Turkey or Commons baby or Gary Speed etc etc.

I don't condone what was sung nor would I join in, but the over reaction and hypocrisy about it stinks.

All in my humble opinion of course.

It wouldn't take many lifetime bans to remove the sick element from the beautiful game.

What do you think they deserve, medals?

I'm concerned that others like your "humble opinion"although I would defend to the death your right to express it.

(To quote Voltaire)

Right then, a lot of our fans have admitted embarrassment at this and the club has made an official apology (more than your club did when the boot was on the other foot) can we get back to talking about the match now please?!

What did you Forest fans reckon to your only real tactic of the night of hacking down Tyson at any given opportunity and is that all your players had been practising in the lead up to the game?

Yes, of course, but this is a specific thread about the Doughty chants; there is a separate thread about the match itself.

Sorry Vulcan, I disagree with that, in fact I'd say the opposite of what you said. Perhaps some of us are right to be outraged as we want to retain what's left of a once decent society, without being labelled as 'can't wait to be offended'.

Just because it's a football match, it doesn't mean that we should all walk with our knuckles dragging on the floor acting like idiots. That kind of stuff belongs in the dark ages, along with holliganism.

Not for a minute am I saying fans should be seen & not heard, but surely chanting stuff about someones death is a bit much?? Or am I just being a killjoy thinking it's in bad taste? Don't think so somehow but that's just me.

LR, just to clear up, in no way do I condone or agree with any such chanting - far from it - what I was getting at is that there is also, in my opinion, no need to go completely overboard as some, and I emphasise the word some, have done on here.

It was sick, it was in bad taste, but I think there's a hell of a lot more to be outraged and offended by in this world than a few ****** singing a song. Unfortunately (and I accept by posting I am part of this!) by going on and on about it probably has them sitting back thinking they're pretty clever!

LR, just to clear up, in no way do I condone or agree with any such chanting - far from it - what I was getting at is that there is also, in my opinion, no need to go completely overboard as some, and I emphasise the word some, have done on here.

It was sick, it was in bad taste, but I think there's a hell of a lot more to be outraged and offended by in this world than a few ****** singing a song. Unfortunately (and I accept by posting I am part of this!) by going on and on about it probably has them sitting back thinking they're pretty clever!

Fair enough Vulcan - and you're absolutely right - there are far more (and worse) things to be offended about in everyday life. But, nobody wants their club to be painted in a bad light and dragged through the media mill as has happened, for all the wrong reasons. As a club, we're better than that me thinks.

Archived